Official Tampa thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
LTF you missed the point of my entire post. The main reason I made that comment about Jackson and Evans is because they are bigger guys . Can we neutralize them? Sure we can . I was just saying it won't be easy being that they are two small forward. And the Julio jones comment? Well all Julio jones did was rip our secondary a new one. But no big deal. He's only one man haha

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Sometimes you say the wrong thing as it is in this case.

You don't want to credit the D for stopping Calvin- it was only one game Johnson

But you don't acknowledge the two bear games or the other games they stopped the #1

How about the Pats and Gronk? Can't count either?

Mklangelo

Feng Shui Debunker
Reaction score
I think one game can matter. If one play can matter, why can't one game?

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
We also stopped Benjamin who was doing very well up till we played him.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Goes without saying, I don't think we're going to straight up blow this Tampa Bay team out. They DO have a good defense, that can't be disputed, and Lovie Smith most certainly does have familiarity with our offenses. The reason I think we'll win though? Tampa Bay's O-line I believe is the worst in the league, they don't always get sacks to their name, but when I've seen McCown drop back, 80% of his throws are being made either on the run or off his back foot, not because it's his way of throwing, but because that O-line of theirs is letting D-linemen run melee on them. I think we win because they won't be able to contain the blitz and when that's working for us, don't expect Capers to back off of it.

I say Packers 20 Bucs 13

Mklangelo

Feng Shui Debunker
Reaction score
They DO have a good defense, that can't be disputed, and Lovie Smith most certainly does have familiarity with our offenses.
How good can a 2-12 team's defense be? And please tell me what good Lovie Smith's familiarity with GB offense did him? Nada.

If Lovie Smith understood the Packers so well, he'd still be in Chicago with a NFC North trophy or two in the trophy case.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It was the offense holding the ball for so long in the Patriots game . That was our best defense for Gronk .

Jdeed

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We also stopped Benjamin who was doing very well up till we played him.
If you have watched his games this year he is feast or famine....drops everything a couple weeks then has a couple of big games.

Reaction score
Pack will win. I am a tiny bit worried about the Lions game though.
All I can think about when seeing that picture is the scene where "Johnny" comes out of nowhere in the cooks kitchen and sticks an axe in that old black dudes chest.. the actor who took the axe I just saw on a rerun of "sanford and sons"
yesterday

Reaction score
I think we will come out swinging and make a statement in another epic "battle of the bays".. the "Old Bay" wins big in a game for all the seafood. Coincidentally Im on a seafood diet.. They say you are what you eat.. Ive clammed up since that last loss.. and been extremely crabby.. but I like the seafood diet.. I sea food.. and I eat it

Last edited:
H

HardRightEdge

The only help were gonna get from Chicago is them helping build the Lions confidence. Stafford will find his groove.
I dunno about Stafford finding his groove. Expecting Jimmy Clausen to find the one he never had is asking too much.

PackerFanLV

Cheesehead
Reaction score
H

HardRightEdge

haha they might have a better chance with out cutler, did you see their last game. The oline was just letting the defenders in on a couple of plays. they might want to block for clausen
There might be some merit to this except except we're talking about Jimmy Clausen. The Bears blocking for him, such as they are, isn't going to matter. I would expect any expressions of "well, good" turning to "oh, man" by the second half. They're throwing the Christian to the Lions, literally and figuratively.

This is all about Cutler not building more failure on failure...time for a sabbatical, mind clearing and injury avoidance in the hopes of getting to a clean slate in the next OTAs. Cutler's dead cap number for 2015 is $19.5 mil; that pretty much guarantees that have to go into next season with him as the starter.

Last edited by a moderator:

PackerFanLV

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There might be some merit to this except except we're talking about Jimmy Clausen. The Bears blocking for him, such as they are, isn't going to matter. I would expect any expressions of "well, good" turning to "oh, man" by the second half. They're throwing the Christian to the Lions, literally and figuratively.

This is all about Cutler not building more failure on failure...time for a sabbatical, mind clearing and injury avoidance in the hopes of getting to a clean slate in the next OTAs. Cutler's dead cap number for 2015 is $19.5 mil; that pretty much guarantees that have to go into next season with him as the starter.
In order for him to start as a bear next year there will be a lot of firing in bear country this off season lol

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
I dunno about Stafford finding his groove. Expecting Jimmy Clausen to find the one he never had is asking too much.

I have never thought that much of Stafford myself but Bears defense opponents QB rating is through the roof.

Reaction score
Goes without saying, I don't think we're going to straight up blow this Tampa Bay team out. They DO have a good defense, that can't be disputed, and Lovie Smith most certainly does have familiarity with our offenses. The reason I think we'll win though? Tampa Bay's O-line I believe is the worst in the league, they don't always get sacks to their name, but when I've seen McCown drop back, 80% of his throws are being made either on the run or off his back foot, not because it's his way of throwing, but because that O-line of theirs is letting D-linemen run melee on them. I think we win because they won't be able to contain the blitz and when that's working for us, don't expect Capers to back off of it.

I say Packers 20 Bucs 13
I think you're close.. but I think we come in here not so proud and do some damage.
I say Packers 27 Bucs 17

H

HardRightEdge

In order for him to start as a bear next year there will be a lot of firing in bear country this off season lol
They'll start with offensive coordinator who shot his mouth off about Cutler's deficiencies. How high or low the house cleaning will go is anybody's guess.

Nobody in their right mind would trade for Cutler with that contract, and if they cut him the dead cap would prevent bringing in a vet with starting credentials. The most likely scenario, I think, is they draft a QB, start the season with Cutler, and if he fails again give the rookie his shot.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
They'll start with offensive coordinator who shot his mouth off about Cutler's deficiencies. How high or low the house cleaning will go is anybody's guess.

Nobody in their right mind would trade for Cutler with that contract, and if they cut him the dead cap would prevent bringing in a vet with starting credentials. The most likely scenario, I think, is they draft a QB, start the season with Cutler, and if he fails again give the rookie his shot.

The Bears are done and stuck starring not only at Cutler's contract but newly inked deals with Jarred Allen and Lamarr Houston. I imagine the combination of those would be hard for anyone to stomach.

The best they can hope for is clean house from the top down and begin a 3 year rebuild project with a new regime. There is no quick fix to the mess that has been made. Take the Bears off the list of teams to worry about for the next few years.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bucs' defense is 22 in the league per DVOA. More importantly, 26th in the league in pass defense. 30th against no. 1 receivers; 27th against no. 2s; 25th against TEs. They're ok against RBs and other receivers.

Our defense does fine against the 31st ranked offense in the league.

Rogers and offense bounce back in a big way. Packers 45 Tampa 16.

Hincha

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How good can a 2-12 team's defense be? And please tell me what good Lovie Smith's familiarity with GB offense did him? Nada.

If Lovie Smith understood the Packers so well, he'd still be in Chicago with a NFC North trophy or two in the trophy case.

TB defense is pretty bad.... it is #25 in both yards/game and points/game.

At least they are consistent in being pretty bad it appears.

IMO Rodgers will eat up the Tampa defense on Sunday.

Hincha

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bucs' defense is 22 in the league per DVOA. More importantly, 26th in the league in pass defense. 30th against no. 1 receivers; 27th against no. 2s; 25th against TEs. They're ok against RBs and other receivers.

Our defense does fine against the 31st ranked offense in the league.

Rogers and offense bounce back in a big way. Packers 45 Tampa 16.

Beat me to it by 1 minute :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts