Official Tampa thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
Title should be The Official Trap game thread. ;)

I can see them using Evans as much as possible.

Not a Trap game considering they lost to the bills last. That was the Trap game.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think this is the bad strategy that McCarthy used in Buffalo. He tried to force a bad hand when the running game was clearly the winning choice. There is no need to rush Rodgers back into a hot streak. It will happen, and I am very confident that it will happen better if Lacy and Starks lead the way with Rodgers working his way back into form. I could give a rats behind about MVP talk. I want the Packers physically pounding teams down, starting with Tampa Bay as we march into the playoffs.

It's not about the MVP but about having your best player going into the next game on fire. I only say this because with the weather conditions and bad Bucs secondary I think Rodgers goes nuts and gains his swagger back.. Which bodes well for us going into a pivotal matchup against Detroit. The run is important but let's face it, a SB will be determined on how far #12 takes us period. I'd rather him catch fire again than trying to pound Lacy. The pass helps the run game as well. The buffalo ge was a perfect example of that. The bills backers dropped back into coverage 85% of the game and Lacy would hash them. You know why? Because they were afraid of letting Rodgers pick them apart. I can guarantee your every team we face would prefer Lacy get his carries and trying to get. 100 yds vs Rodgers taking over a game like he's capable of doing at any moment.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not a Trap game considering they lost to the bills last. That was the Trap game.
Playing the #1 passing defense in the nfl, who had just shut down Peyton manning is not a trap game.

Some wise fans were worried about that game in sept. Trap game was josh Freeman's first start

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
other than Atlanta and J Jones--our def has done a pretty good job with offenses #1 wr

With that said, I dont expect Evans to be a huge issue..He may get catches, but I dont think he becomes a game changer

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
other than Atlanta and J Jones--our def has done a pretty good job with offenses #1 wr

With that said, I dont expect Evans to be a huge issue..He may get catches, but I dont think he becomes a game changer

He isnt there yet. in a season or 2 he could be at the dez bryant level. Would also help if he had a QB in Tampa throwing to him

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would also add that, although the Packer offense did not play well last Sunday, it is telling that they were in it right up to the end against one of the best defenses in the NFL. So many things went wrong last week. The costly penalties on big runs, Jordy's drop of a TD pass, the strip sack at the end that rolled into the endzone.

It tempers any pessimism I might have about this team.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It should be mentioned that the front office of the bucs will probably want them to lose their final two games and get the top pick in 2015

D

Deleted member 6794

As I posted earlier the one good thing that came out of the Bills game was the play of the OL. If Bulaga is back for the Lions game and they play as they did against a very good Buffalo DL I think Rodgers will be able to exploit Detroit’s secondary. That, along with the improved play on D and playing at home should give the Packers the edge.

The Lions secondary is underrated, they do a pretty good job vs. an opponents top two WRs. It will be important for the Packers OL to create holes vs. the Lions front as the Packers will have a hard time if the Lions will once again be able to stop the run with only six guys in the box.

D

Deleted member 6794

The Buccaneers pass defense is pretty bad and I fully expect Rodgers to bounce back in this one in a big way. I don´t see any scenario in which the Packers lose this one.

As a side note, Tampa Bay worked out M.D. Jennings yesterday. I would get even more convinced about Rodgers getting back on track if they would sign and play him on Sunday.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Vincent Jackson is no slouch, he's their best wr. Shields is 5'9 and Williams 5'11/6'0... Those two are 6'4. They will have their work cut out for them.

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Vincent Jackson is no slouch, he's their best wr. Shields is 5'9 and Williams 5'11/6'0... Those two are 6'4. They will have their work cut out for them.

Can you find the stats for Calvin Johnson, and the Bears wr vs the Packers this year?

I dont think they had great days...

But that doesnt mean that Tampa can't..Any given Sunday

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Can you find the stats for Calvin Johnson, and the Bears wr vs the Packers this year?

Exactly. Another thing, you can't include Calvin Johnson as he's only played in one game against us this yr.

Mklangelo

Feng Shui Debunker
Reaction score

Johnson after the week 3 meeting against GB was 10 targets/6 receptions for 82 yards and 0 TDs averaging 13.67 yards per catch. Long was 26 yards.

Not sure about Da' Bears.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 6794

According to Football Outsiders the Packers have allowed an average of 74.3 yards per game to #1 WRs (which ranks 22nd in the league, 15th in DVOA). They have been pretty good vs. all other receivers though.

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Buccaneers pass defense is pretty bad and I fully expect Rodgers to bounce back in this one in a big way. I don´t see any scenario in which the Packers lose this one.

As a side note, Tampa Bay worked out M.D. Jennings yesterday. I would get even more convinced about Rodgers getting back on track if they would sign and play him on Sunday.

Just working out Jennings is a sign of having a really bad secondary.

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Exactly. Another thing, you can't include Calvin Johnson as he's only played in one game against us this yr.

But I can guarntee that if Johnson went off that day, you would be SMH all over the chat and in fire Capers

So then you will toss out everything you said about our def vs Atlanta and Jones?

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
According to Football Outsiders the Packers have allowed an average of 74.3 yards per game to #1 WRs (which ranks 22nd in the league, 15th in DVOA). They have been pretty good vs. all other receivers though.

It was a rhetorical question--I didnt literally want the stats

lol

Mklangelo

Feng Shui Debunker
Reaction score
Un-attributed quote: "Quality defense to me isn't giving up almost 300 yds Recieving to ONE wr and 2 tds."

Understatement of the year. I copied the quote from LTF's post above but it was attributed to nobody. But I wholeheartedly agree.

This exposes a glaring weakness in our defense that cannot be ignored.

I notice that after that Atlanta game, there is no more talk about the Pack being the best team in the NFL on this forum.

What Jones did to our secondary simply does not happen to a SB worthy defense. Period.

I don't care what you say or what excuse you make.

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Un-attributed quote: "Quality defense to me isn't giving up almost 300 yds Recieving to ONE wr and 2 tds."

What Jones did to our secondary simply does not happen to a SB worthy defense. Period.

It was one game...According to rodell, that cant be counted

The other games vs top wr Captn showed the stats..

So when is a one game stat not counted and when is it counted?

Aaron has been lighting it up..But laid an egg in Buffalo...So what is his average? Buffalo, or what he did in many games before that?

So when it comes to stopping top WR, what do we look at for the average?

The one game a WR went off, or the other games where top wr didnt do anything?

Rodell shouldnt have said ONE GAME when it came to stopping Calvin.

Mklangelo

Feng Shui Debunker
Reaction score
So when is a one game stat not counted and when is it counted?
My thoughts on it are that a SB worthy defense is to bend and not break.

I'll qualify that with my belief that this GB team has the potential to be world beaters on any given day...at home.

I just have wavering confidence with them on the road.

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
My thoughts on it are that a SB worthy defense is to bend and not break.

I'll qualify that with my belief that this GB team has the potential to be world beaters on any given day...at home.

I just have wavering confidence with them on the road.

Please dont misunderstand my comments....I am not saying the def is great, or even SB worthy.

By point is that the def has stopped top WR and the Tampa wr prob wont have a good day based on prior history, but they could..

Rodell had to explain Calvin only played one game..As if it shouldnt count----But it does..

Thats my only issue

Mklangelo

Feng Shui Debunker
Reaction score
Please dont misunderstand my comments....I am not saying the def is great, or even SB worthy.
I surely expect a win against TB.

And against the Kitty Kats at home week 17 I expect a win as well.

However my hopes for a deep playoff run would be severely diminished if we find ourselves with anything less than a #2 seed.

And I am afraid of Seattle. So sue me.

Last edited:

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Understatement of the year. I copied the quote from LTF's post above but it was attributed to nobody. But I wholeheartedly agree.

This exposes a glaring weakness in our defense that cannot be ignored.

I notice that after that Atlanta game, there is no more talk about the Pack being the best team in the NFL on this forum.

I don't care what you say or what excuse you make.

One game certainly should not be used to make a conclusion.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 6794

However my hopes for a deep playoff run would be severely diminished if we find ourselves with anything less than a #2 seed.

If we win both of our remaining games we're assured of at least getting the #2 seed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts