Bears Game Matters...Titans not so much...

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Knowing his family and many of his closest friends I would be blown away to find out Jason would have been juicing. I was all pumped for him when we drafted him and was very high on him....one of the worst predictions I've ever had for sure.
He looked like a sure thing coming out of Indiana. You have better access so I'll go with no juicing at Indiana. Some guys just never make that leap to the NFL and unfortunately, he's one of them.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Knowing his family and many of his closest friends I would be blown away to find out Jason would have been juicing.

That is good to hear, thanks. Probably wrong of me to even think it, but he totally reminded me of Tony Mandarich. He seemed HUGE at IU and then was totally getting shoved around his rookie year in Green Bay. Probably more the issue of college competition VS pro.

I remember liking him, but questioned the pick, mainly because I didn't see the need for drafting a RT at the time with Bulaga and Bahk being such studs. I am sure TT saw a bargain replacement for Bulaga.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Graham was a great TE in his time at NO and he played pretty well in Seattle. He just dropped off around the time the Packers got him. If GB was expecting the NO version, well that would account for some of the disappointment.

I think the disappointment stemmed from what he was paid and the expectations set by his pay. He totally underperformed on his contract in Green Bay, no debating that.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He looked like a sure thing coming out of Indiana. You have better access so I'll go with no juicing at Indiana. Some guys just never make that leap to the NFL and unfortunately, he's one of them.

That is good to hear, thanks. Probably wrong of me to even think it, but he totally reminded me of Tony Mandarich. He seemed HUGE at IU and then was totally getting shoved around his rookie year in Green Bay. Probably more the issue of college competition VS pro.

I remember liking him, but questioned the pick, mainly because I didn't see the need for drafting a RT at the time with Bulaga and Bahk being such studs. I am sure TT saw a bargain replacement for Bulaga.

I know his high school coaches and dear friends painted quite the picture of the young man to me. I do know one of our mutual friends always wondered if Jordan had the internal fire to make it at the pro level...college is one thing, but the year long grind of being a pro and making it, that takes a special kind of love for the game....perhaps that is the main issue too. No clue.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I know his high school coaches and dear friends painted quite the picture of the young man to me. I do know one of our mutual friends always wondered if Jordan had the internal fire to make it at the pro level...college is one thing, but the year long grind of being a pro and making it, that takes a special kind of love for the game....perhaps that is the main issue too. No clue.

Jordan?

Honestly, I can see where stepping into the NFL could be a failure for a lot of guys and not due to their talent but more due to the massive change in lifestyle. Many top College athletes are pampered and spoiled by the University where they live and play. They are surrounded by a massive support system and one that forgives mistakes. Then they get a HUGE payday, go from being top dog to low man on the totem pole and are officially adults in an unfamiliar City and on their own. Quite the cultural shock all at once for anyone really. So here you have someone who suddenly has a windfall of money, maybe even enough to retire on and has to make adult decisions to boot. I can see where a guy could get a bit "fat and lazy" or even throw the term "overwhelmed" in there.

Last edited:
OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jordan?

Honestly, I can see where stepping into the NFL could be a failure for a lot of guys and not due to their talent but more due to the massive change in lifestyle. Many top College athletes are pampered and spoiled by the University where they live and play. They are surrounded by a massive support system and one that forgives mistakes. Then they get a HUGE payday, go from being top dog to low man on the totem pole and are officially adults in an unfamiliar City and on their own. Quite the cultural shock all at once for anyone really. So here you have someone who suddenly has a windfall of money, maybe even enough to retire on and has to make adult decisions to boot. I can see where a guy could get a bit "fat and lazy" or even throw overwhelmed in there.

Sorry meant Jason. Got wires crossed with Jordan, being the closest friend of his and his family that I share as a friend. Actually go to church with him and another high school teammate of Jason's

D

Deleted member 6794

Pre-weekend, the chatter here was hoping the Rams win so the Packers can clear the bench for week 17. That means much more Boyle and/or Love.

I'm well aware of what was talked about here but I replied to @Heyjoe4 literally questioning if it would be a good idea to play Love in a must-win game.

Members online

Latest posts