Reaction score

Hincha

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the Packers will win at Tampa.

- Will have a lot of Packers fans at game
- Will want to get the taste of the Bills lose out of their system
- Tampa does not have a very good team offensively or defensively

Surprisingly Tampa played Cincy very well at home a few weeks ago. But I do not see Rodgers having the issues in Tampa as he did vs Bills defense

desertdog55

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pack will win. I am a tiny bit worried about the Lions game though.

Pack12TX

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm just ready for the game to start. It always makes for a long week after a Packers loss....

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
34-10 Green Bay. Rodgers on the sidelines in the 4th quarter relaxing

H

HardRightEdge

As far as the statement, "The Packers can clinch a playoff birth this weekend", that is pretty obvious. A Packer win and Philly loss puts an end to that question.

However, a Packer win by itself does not guarantee a playoff spot.

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As far as the statement, "The Packers can clinch a playoff birth this weekend", that is pretty obvious. A Packer win and Philly loss puts an end to that question.

However, a Packer win by itself does not guarantee a playoff spot.

I think it might as we are essentially 2 games up on Philly by having the tiebreaker.

Even if we then lose week 17 and end up in a 3 way tie for the wildcard, the tiebreaker would be conference record and Philly is 5-5 on that. We will end up with 8 conference wins by winning this week.

Maybe it wouldn't be guaranteed though if Dallas loses the Division lead and we end up losing a 3 way tiebreaker between them and Seattle/Arizona.

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Tampa Bay is not good. Not even close to good actually.

This game should not be close barring lots and lots of Packer mistakes.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Were not going to lose to Tampa Bay and if we somehow did then this team doesn't belong in the playoffs. Period.

I mean if we can't go on the road and beat a 2-12 team with major playoff implications on the line then forget about it.

H

HardRightEdge

Maybe it wouldn't be guaranteed though if Dallas loses the Division lead and we end up losing a 3 way tiebreaker between them and Seattle/Arizona.
It is more likely the Packers miss the playoffs under those scenarios.

Arizona has already clinched at least a Wild Card which I had not noticed when I made my earlier posts. AZ has a 2 game lead on Philly and beat them head-to-head...that locks them in.

Seattle has us on head-to-head.

If Philly wins their last 2 against weak sisters and Dallas loses to Indy and beats Washington, Philly wins the division based on better division record. That would cast Dallas into wild card contention. Under this scenario, Dallas would win the common opponent tie breaker (3-1 vs. 2-3) with the Packers; there's no head-to-head and both teams would be 8-4 in the division.

The easiest playoff path for the Packers is if Philly does not win the division. Go Dallas!

Well, almost the easiest. The easiest is to win the last 2 games. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It is more likely the Packers miss the playoffs under those scenarios.

Arizona has already clinched at least a Wild Card which I had not noticed when I made my earlier posts. AZ has a 2 game lead on Philly and beat them head-to-head...that locks them in.

If Philly wins their last 2 against weak sisters and Dallas loses to Indy and beats Washington, Philly wins the division based on better division record. That would cast Dallas into wild card contention. Under this scenario, Dallas would win the common opponent tie breaker (3-1 vs. 2-3) with the Packers; there's no head-to-head and both teams would be 8-4 in the division.

The easiest playoff path for the Packers is if Philly does not win the division. Go Dallas!

Well, almost the easiest. The easiest is to win the last 2 games. ;)

Seahawks could end up tied with us and Dallas and the top two would be the ones with the best conference record.

It won't matter anyway as we'll win out.

H

HardRightEdge

Seahawks could end up tied with us and Dallas and the top two would be the ones with the best conference record.

It won't matter anyway as we'll win out.
By definition, if Seattle, Dallas and Green Bay are tied for the Wild Card, and assuming it happens with Dallas losing to Indy and beating Washington, Seattle is in with the better conference record. Dallas and Green Bay would tie on that count. The next tie breaker is common opponents, in which case Dallas is in and Green Bay is out.

A lot can happen in two weeks. An upset somewhere in these scenarios could alter the picture entirely.

The point being, 11-5 is far from a lock.

H

HardRightEdge

As for the upcoming game, I don't think it will be as easy as it looks. It's on the road. Tampa has held their opponents to 21 points or less in the 4 of the last 5 weeks. They've got a couple of big, dangerous guys at WR. It should be a win but it's not a gimme.

I would hope the guys don't look past this one to Detroit.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
As for the upcoming game, I don't think it will be as easy as it looks. It's on the road. Tampa has held their opponents to 21 points or less in the 4 of the last 5 weeks. They've got a couple of big, dangerous guys at WR. It should be a win but it's not a gimme.

I would hope the guys don't look past this one to Detroit.

I can't imagine with what just happened in Buffalo with the drops, special teams break downs, sloppy play etc. and playoffs implications on the line that anyone could look past this game. I would expect them to go down there and take care of business with "high urgency",

Jereycheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Finally let's move on from buffalo! With everything on the line I can't see Rodgers having two horrible horrific games in a row esp against a bad Tampa team.. Forget all the scenerious just win out !

PackwillBEback

Cheesehead
Reaction score
According to CBS:
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/standings/playoffrace

Green Bay can clinch a playoff spot with:
1) GB win + PHI loss or tie
2) GB win + DAL win or tie
3) GB tie + PHI loss
4) GB tie + PHI tie + DAL win or tie
5) PHI loss + DAL win or tie

Green Bay cannot clinch a playoff berth on their own. A loss to TB with a Lions win, Packers are out of the North running and would no longer control their destiny possibly.

Mklangelo

Feng Shui Debunker
Reaction score
I do not see us getting past Seattle in any scenario at home or on the road.

But in an effort to be "diplomatic" Let's say this: Would any of you bet a paycheck on it? I know I wouldn't.

Last edited:

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There is no logical way to pick the Bucs in this game. They are 2-12 and coming off a loss to a bad Panthers team who played their backup QB.

Packers 37 - 17

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
28-13 Packers. I look for MM to take an aggressive approach and put the game on the right arm of Aaron Rodgers.. who after probably the worse game of his career needs a big day to restore some of his confidence heading into January. Lacy will get his carries but I think the approach will be aggressive by throwing to try and build an early lead..then Lacy and Starks pounding the rock to chew up clock . Keep in mind this isn't Green Bay or Buffalo in December, it's Tampa Florida . I don't expect it to be in the low 30's or 20's with snow.

Jereycheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers just need to win out forget the scenarios they control their destiny... It's weird being on a packer forum and reading packer fans say we can't beat Seattle Dallas did it LOL

H

HardRightEdge

According to CBS:
http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/standings/playoffrace

Green Bay can clinch a playoff spot with:
1) GB win + PHI loss or tie
2) GB win + DAL win or tie
3) GB tie + PHI loss
4) GB tie + PHI tie + DAL win or tie
5) PHI loss + DAL win or tie

Green Bay cannot clinch a playoff berth on their own. A loss to TB with a Lions win, Packers are out of the North running and would no longer control their destiny possibly.
Go Cowboys!

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lacy will get his carries but I think the approach will be aggressive by throwing to try and build an early lead..then Lacy and Starks pounding the rock to chew up clock .
I think this is the bad strategy that McCarthy used in Buffalo. He tried to force a bad hand when the running game was clearly the winning choice. There is no need to rush Rodgers back into a hot streak. It will happen, and I am very confident that it will happen better if Lacy and Starks lead the way with Rodgers working his way back into form. I could give a rats behind about MVP talk. I want the Packers physically pounding teams down, starting with Tampa Bay as we march into the playoffs.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
The Packers are in a great situation - they have their fate in their hands. Beat a bad Bucs team away and a good Lions team at home and they clinch a week off and at least one home playoff game, maybe two. No excuses.

As I posted earlier the one good thing that came out of the Bills game was the play of the OL. If Bulaga is back for the Lions game and they play as they did against a very good Buffalo DL I think Rodgers will be able to exploit Detroit’s secondary. That, along with the improved play on D and playing at home should give the Packers the edge.

Jdeed

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Title should be The Official Trap game thread. ;)

I can see them using Evans as much as possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts