Official Studs n Duds Cinncy

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I won't discredit that this does happen at times. However, eight different players had receptions and six players had multiple targets. Adams is a playmaker and they should try to get him the ball when they can. If there are a few plays here and there where it is forced a bit then that is Rodgers trusting Adams to make a play. Again, I don't disagree that at times other players are open and easy passes are missed. I just think the idea is to get Adams the ball to make plays. I'm really hoping the Packers can find a way to re-sign him.
On the flip side, more passes to open WRs would force teams to not focus on Adams. Thereby creating more opportunities.

I'm with you, Adams and Rodgers have an amazing connection and it is fun to watch. But there are times on 3rd and long when Rodgers should hit the open guy for a 1st down and not rely on a spectacular catch from Adams.

As far as resigning him, I don't think that is possible. At an estimated $27M per year, it's too much money for the position. Hope the Packers and Adams can figure it out.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm late to the table, but my studs: Campbell, for continuing to dramatically outperform our expectations as fans; Dillon, for really bringing something new to his game and showing off versatility as a receiver; and Barnes, for coming back strong (tremendous penetration on the sack!) and making me wonder if...maybe....do we have a kickass pair of ILBs for the first time in forever?

Just for the record there were quite a few of us during pre-draft discussions and when drafted that told everyone Dillon shows extremely fluid hands and looked capable in the receiving game - he was simply never asked to do so at BC. I believe @Dantés and @Pokerbrat2000 or at minimum one of them were banging that drum with me.

Last edited:

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
On the flip side, more passes to open WRs would force teams to not focus on Adams. Thereby creating more opportunities.

I'm with you, Adams and Rodgers have an amazing connection and it is fun to watch. But there are times on 3rd and long when Rodgers should hit the open guy for a 1st down and not rely on a spectacular catch from Adams.

As far as resigning him, I don't think that is possible. At an estimated $27M per year, it's too much money for the position. Hope the Packers and Adams can figure it out.

Honestly the hardest part of resigning Adams is I feel there is less than a 5% chance he comes back without Rodgers here.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Part of the adjustment to playing without Jenkins and Bakh has been to speed things up in the passing game, Aaron isnt spending a whole lot of time in the pocket and he's still been getting sacked at a healthy rate. I dont think that he's working too many progressions right now, basically 1st progression is Adams and if thats not there look to the back.
It didn't help to have Myers out yesterday too.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, Rodgers would have had to change the plays that MLF sent in. After the INT in overtime MLF was content to run the ball and settle for the FG. I was saying they needed to get aggressive and go for the TD. They ran the ball twice and tried the FG on 3rd down. That's not on Rodgers. Rodgers made some nice tosses, specifically the one to Cobb, to set them up for game winning FGs.
I would have kicked it on 1st down.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've got no issues with Rodgers force-feeding the best receiver in the league. I'm pretty confident if Adams isn't clicking in a game, ARod can integrate safety blankets like Jones and Cobb without it killing the offense. Only guy that concerns me tbh is Tonyan. I expected his production to drop off quite a bit, but not this much.
Yeah. I mean he gets open. Just hope ARod looks for others when the D starts to blanket him.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I won't discredit that this does happen at times. However, eight different players had receptions and six players had multiple targets. Adams is a playmaker and they should try to get him the ball when they can. If there are a few plays here and there where it is forced a bit then that is Rodgers trusting Adams to make a play. Again, I don't disagree that at times other players are open and easy passes are missed. I just think the idea is to get Adams the ball to make plays. I'm really hoping the Packers can find a way to re-sign him.
Regardless, he needs to throw to the open man regardless of the number on the jersey. If he doesn't reward his other receivers when they perform well, then it becomes harder for them to continue that level of effort and the whole offense suffers. Lazard would have had a first down around the 15 yard line IIRC (either way it was deep in Bengal territory). As for the passes that were not completed to #17, most of those were screen passes or dumps to the outlet receiver on that play. Some of Rodgers' best games have been when Adams was unable to play and he was forced to distribute.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Honestly the hardest part of resigning Adams is I feel there is less than a 5% chance he comes back without Rodgers here.
When did he indicate that? If Rodgers was to go somewhere else, that team would be highly unlikely to be able to afford both of them. I've never heard him say or seen him do anything to suggest that Rodgers is the only reason he's a Packer.

Arod2gjdd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Stud

Davante Adams-Man amongst boys

Campbell-Absolute steal

Dud

Touchdown to Chase in waning seconds of the half simply cannot happen

Second half offense-No touchdowns! Need to close games stronger with a foot on the gas pedal. Can we have one laugher?

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
When did he indicate that? If Rodgers was to go somewhere else, that team would be highly unlikely to be able to afford both of them. I've never heard him say or seen him do anything to suggest that Rodgers is the only reason he's a Packer.

Appears you missed the portion of my response which displays a personal opinion - and not quoting Adams directly.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Appears you missed the portion of my response which displays a personal opinion - and not quoting Adams directly.
And apparently you missed where I was simply asking you what criteria upon which you base said opinion.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And apparently you missed where I was simply asking you what criteria upon which you base said opinion.

The countless off season discussions and implications by both Aaron and Davante - as well as others that this could be the last ride, plus drawing assumptions from their statements primarily reading between the lines and NOT directly. If I'm a betting man, and someone told me to bet everything I own and love my bet is I'm right. However, that is a situation which will never happen so I can say it all I want LOL

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just something to keep an eye on... Denver needs a QB & stud WR in '22... and they have over $76Mil cap space. Sure, Denver has other needs, also, but there are plenty of options for AR/Adams duo to be in '22 (Denver, WFT, Colts, Raiders).

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wasn`t brought up on American football and came to the party later in life but even I can see it, and he does not seem to like short range passing.
He does if that is what is there. Like all great ones he cannot ignore the big play. Like someone inferred Rodgers like a lot of QBs has those he trusts and those he likes. Now Brett Favre was certainly different. He was an equal opportunity employer.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
I've got no issues with Rodgers force-feeding the best receiver in the league. I'm pretty confident if Adams isn't clicking in a game, ARod can integrate safety blankets like Jones and Cobb without it killing the offense. Only guy that concerns me tbh is Tonyan. I expected his production to drop off quite a bit, but not this much.
What makes you think that is Tonyan's fault?

Reaction score
Obviously, a case of age discrimination.
He subscribes to Critical Age theory. I don’t know what that is I’m just an being sarcastic. Lol

The Packers defense was really impressive yesterday overall. It seemed they were on the same page and looked like a cohesive unit. I am hoping this continues and Joe Barry's defense just took them a bit longer to grasp
I’m an optimist at heart, but using the Bengals Offense as a Barometer of our Defensive success is a little too optimistic. I think they were averaged like 24 points a game over a 4 game stretch? After this week they are 23 points per game. Not diminishing our good D performance, but this isn’t exactly a “Land flowing with Milk n Honey” type D unit.
But we need King. Every year we have to hate somebody, and blame them for everything. It`s tradition.
Where’s Janis or Hundley when you need them! :laugh:
if...maybe....do we have a kickass pair of ILBs for the first time in forever?
Are you referring to Barnes? Or Smith?
Barnes is obviously aware that his role as a starter can come to an end very quickly. Not trying to be mean, just stating a fact. There is no other motivator like the new guy who has a proven track record of doing your job better. That’s a blessing if it motivates Barnes, it should.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He subscribes to Critical Age theory. I don’t know what that is I’m just an being sarcastic. Lol

I’m an optimist at heart, but using the Bengals Offense as a Barometer of our Defensive success is a little too optimistic. I think they were averaged like 24 points a game over a 4 game stretch? After this week they are 23 points per game. Not diminishing our good D performance, but this isn’t exactly a “Land flowing with Milk n Honey” type D unit.

Where’s Janis or Hundley when you need them! :laugh:

Are you referring to Barnes? Or Smith?
Barnes is obviously aware that his role as a starter can come to an end very quickly. Not trying to be mean, just stating a fact. There is no other motivator like the new guy who has a proven track record of doing your job better. That’s a blessing if it motivates Barnes, it should.
If this was the Bengals team of the last couple years I say yes. But this was an improved Bengal that does have talent. Most of it is young and still learning. They have a QB that may be a HOFer someday. Our D did pretty good on a day our offense did jot find the end zone or the uprights enough.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anyone else notice how easily Jean-Charles got juked at the goal line?
1. How many wouldn't be when one-on-one with that much open space?
2. Not an Xs and Os guy, but wasn't he supposed to be cutting off the outside, so the cut to the inside and the rest of the D was the plan?

RepStar15

"We're going to relentlessly chase perfection."
Reaction score
I think if you would have told me that their defense would be without Jaire Alexander and Za'Darius Smith and they would have almost single handedly kept them in a football game against a 3-1 team, I probably would not have believed they won.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Stud- the poster that listed the "Big Dog" as one of his studs.
Duds- any poster who listed Crosby as one of his studs.

You don't get credit for finding the life jackets after you are the one who put a few holes in the boat and crashed into a rock while driving the boat.

Reaction score
If this was the Bengals team of the last couple years I say yes. But this was an improved Bengal that does have talent. Most of it is young and still learning. They have a QB that may be a HOFer someday. Our D did pretty good on a day our offense did jot find the end zone or the uprights enough.
I know I know. My concern is this .. is it possible we lowered our standards some?

So far the Bengals best single game performance is 27 points over a 5 game stretch. I think we’ve each lowered our standard. I’d be on board with this argument had we held them to 9 points or maybe 13 points..maybe 15 points. But 22 points or less is pretty much where we need to be thinking. I’m looking at it from a standpoint of where does 22 points per game leave us? We need to be thinking in the Teens.

We are banged up, so maybe he meant that with a consideration of losing our best CB and best LB and only giving up 22 points. We did a good job with 1 arm behind our back. I’m proud of this effort it’s encouraging but we’ve got more mountain to climb so I’m tempered.
Do that on the road to Buffalo or Tampa or the Chargers or Dallas and we’re getting excited. @ Arizona will be a proper litmus test in a couple weeks.

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts