Official Studs n Duds Cinncy

Firethorn1001

Cheesehead
Reaction score
2) I wonder if Crosby was missing because he was pushing the trajectory away from the direction of the pressure OR whatever "fixing" went on screwed with his mechanics.

Was my thought. That edge seems to always be 1/4 second away from blocking a kick all the time.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

LaFleur is a special coach. Had a bit of a rough day today, but his ability to connect with his players and trust them can not be understated
I am thinking of the 2007 Championship game. Coughlin and the Giants missed kicks in the 4th quarter and OT and just did not seem to want it. After Favre's pick he sends the kicker out again from 47. His coaches were asking him what he was doing. But the guy finally made it. Granted he *** kicking in below zero weather at Lambeau. Not the 80 degrees in Cincy.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Stud: Devant, Cobb, Dillon, Jones Masons game winning kick that I missed because of stupid local viewing changes
Dud: play calling, wasteful time outs, MLF, Barry, ST&coach, Missed scoring opportunities
Must have been quite a local game!

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Crosby just wanted to build some pressure. What's the fun in making all of them? LOL He had a rough day, i'm glad he made the biggest pressure kick of the day though to end it.

DUDS all the windbags that come out only when things look in question. Not a single post since the NO game, none while controlling the 9er's game, none during the steelers and none today while we were up and in control. But as soon as things don't look good, here they are. How's that 3-2 taste DOG LOL

anyway, Our D I thought played pretty well until we were down more guys. Jean Charles is not ready, Yiadom is not good enough and King played well enough but can't stay healthy. I don't know how we're going to play coverage going forward, but they'll have to find a way.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
2) I wonder if Crosby was missing because he was pushing the trajectory away from the direction of the pressure OR whatever "fixing" went on screwed with his mechanics.
Ohhh, that's a pretty good theory actually.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Studs: Bengal fans! Classy bunch of fans, friendly and congratutorial after the game.

Attachments

• 20211010_102736.jpg
    20211010_102736.jpg
    210.3 KB · Views: 114

SteveHarvey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
All season, there has been a concerning amount of pressure on field goal attempts. The edge rushers nearly get there almost every time. Drayton was asked about it and said it's been fixed.

1) It was still a problem today.

Everyone is going to miss a kick here and there, but Crosby is way too accurate to miss three in a row out of the blue, and I don't think it's a coincidence that all this nonsense has been going on with the FG unit as a whole.
Every kick been an issue since that Pittsburgh block. Hes seeing ghosts due to that persistent lack of protection from that side

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
LaFleur's regular season winning percentage is now 81%.

Packers regular season winning percentage in the 5 years prior to LaFleur (Rodgers starts only): 59%.

Packers regular season winning percentage in the 3 years prior to LaFleur (Rodgers starts only): 54%

30 wins in 37 games ties him for the 3rd fastest ever to 30 wins.

Last edited:

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I had to listen to the whole game so will avoid ignorantly placing a stud or dud on someone.

Will say though Crosby fits both categories and the shoutbox thread yet again was filled with trash so I’ll give it a dud lol

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
What makes you confident that it’s the play calls and not the execution?
It's never an all or none proposition, but to pretend like he doesn't deserve some blame is a curious opinion. Part of execution is making play calls to put your players in a position to succeed.

Like the run/run/kick decision in OT. Crosby had just missed two kicks, and you essentially concede the possession and put the game in the hands of a kicker that's clearly struggling. That's just not smart, IMO. Especially when you have a 1st ballot hall of fame quarterback and the best damn WR in the NFL on your team.

There's been lots of situations where the Packers have established the run and have a rhythm going. And then mysteriously trots out empty backfield 5 wide packages. And more times than not, those plays/drives have ended poorly. I've never seen him so willing to abandon the running game like he has so far this season either just as a whole. And I don't have to see run/pass percentages because it isn't necessarily the run/pass ratios, it's situationally what's being called that's troubling to me.

I'm in no way dogg.ing LaFleur. I have such a high opinion of him as a head coach and the Packers are extremely lucky to have him. He's been a huge part of turning the Packers back into a contender. But he's been a little off. Just like Rodgers has been a little off. Just like really the whole team has been a little off. I'm sure it'll all work itself out though in due time.

Last edited:

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Interesting!

All his shanks were to the left iirc? Probably counter acting for the rush from the right?

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
It's never an all or none proposition, but to pretend like he doesn't deserve some blame is a curious opinion. Part of execution is making play calls to put your players in a position to succeed.

Like the run/run/kick decision in OT. Crosby had just missed two kicks, and you essentially concede the possession and put the game in the hands of a kicker that's clearly struggling. That's just not smart, IMO. Especially when you have a 1st ballot hall of fame quarterback and the best damn WR in the NFL on your team.

There's been lots of situations where the Packers have established the run and have a rhythm going. And then mysteriously trots out empty backfield 5 wide packages. And more times than not, those plays/drives have ended poorly. I've never seen him so willing to abandon the running game like he has so far this season either just as a whole. And I don't have to see run/pass percentages because it isn't necessarily the run/pass ratios, it's situationally what's being called that's troubling to me.

I'm in no way ******* LaFleur. I have such a high opinion of him as a head coach and the Packers are extremely lucky to have him. He's been a huge part of turning the Packers back into a contender. But he's been a little off. Just like Rodgers has been a little off. Just like really the whole team has been a little off. I'm sure it'll all work itself out though in due time.

It was a question, not a statement. I didn’t say he deserves no blame.

I just think that deciphering between play calling problems and play execution problems can be tricky and is often really difficult from the outside.

You mentioned you thought he’d been bad all year. So I wondered if you had specific reasoning for pinning it more on the calls than the execution.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score

I'm in no way dogg.ing LaFleur. I have such a high opinion of him as a head coach and the Packers are extremely lucky to have him. He's been a huge part of turning the Packers back into a contender. But he's been a little off. Just like Rodgers has been a little off. Just like really the whole team has been a little off. I'm sure it'll all work itself out though in due time.
Can we please adjust some of the words that are being censored? You can't type "dogg.ing" or "w.a.d" without it bleeping out?

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
It was a question, not a statement. I didn’t say he deserves no blame.

I just think that deciphering between play calling problems and play execution problems can be tricky and is often really difficult from the outside.

You mentioned you thought he’d been bad all year. So I wondered if you had specific reasoning for pinning it more on the calls than the execution.
The execution has obviously been suspect from the get go. I think we all acknowledge that. But I think something that hasn't been discussed much is the possibility that MLF is contributing toward some of it at times with what I believe to be questionable play calls.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
The execution has obviously been suspect from the get go. I think we all acknowledge that. But I think something that hasn't been discussed much is the possibility that MLF is contributing toward some of it at times with what I believe to be questionable play calls.

Yes, I understand. I think my questions are coming across as passive aggressive counter points.

I’m literally asking how you came to that conclusion.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts