Official Studs n Duds Cinncy

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Super Dud. Barry for calling a two man rush at the end of the half. A two or a three man rush are basically the same. The QB gets all the fuking time he needs or wants.
Dud. LaFleur for having a DC that will call a 2 or a 3 man rush.

Super Stud. Barry for coaching up a unit that had a great game.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pass rush saw its best game of the season today by a large margin.
True. But Bengals offensive line has not been that great this season. I wonder why they passed on trying to get a first down instead of going for it. No confidence in your line or fearful of ours.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So I watched as much of the game I could get ahold of. I will say I think Stokes deserves a bipolar rating as well like Crosby - the dude at times looks legit ready to be a #1 at times and then rookie slip ups bite him hard. All and all we are seeing a TON asked of him and likes of rest of CBs plus young LBs to come out of Cincy with a win - which is no slouch team and have shown offense can be special is awesome.

Everyone wants to dog the team, but we are setting in the drivers seat of the division, running for the top in conference and have insane number of injuries. Shut up and be happy that despite all that and needing young or inexperienced guys play more snaps than anyone wants - we are sitting 4-1

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs
Berry. The Packers were without their ace CB against a very good offense. They handled them. Bizarre whif by Savage on the long TD we gave up. Should have been a pick. Berry had the defense ready to go and a few players played above their talent level.

Rodgers to Adams combination. Man, they are dialed in. The best combo in Packer history and maybe NFL history. Rice to Montana was more Rice than Joe.

Redeemed dud
Crosby - what a horrible game but he redeemed himself well.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
All season, there has been a concerning amount of pressure on field goal attempts. The edge rushers nearly get there almost every time. Drayton was asked about it and said it's been fixed.

1) It was still a problem today.

2) I wonder if Crosby was missing because he was pushing the trajectory away from the direction of the pressure OR whatever "fixing" went on screwed with his mechanics.

Everyone is going to miss a kick here and there, but Crosby is way too accurate to miss three in a row out of the blue, and I don't think it's a coincidence that all this nonsense has been going on with the FG unit as a whole.
He looked perplexed after the first missed FG. Talked to Bojo immediately. Almost like he was surprised by how quickly the snap came, like he wasn't expecting the snap yet.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So I watched as much of the game I could get ahold of. I will say I think Stokes deserves a bipolar rating as well like Crosby - the dude at times looks legit ready to be a #1 at times and then rookie slip ups bite him hard. All and all we are seeing a TON asked of him and likes of rest of CBs plus young LBs to come out of Cincy with a win - which is no slouch team and have shown offense can be special is awesome.

Everyone wants to dog the team, but we are setting in the drivers seat of the division, running for the top in conference and have insane number of injuries. Shut up and be happy that despite all that and needing young or inexperienced guys play more snaps than anyone wants - we are sitting 4-1
I’m almost done rewatching the game…. yeah Stokes got beat a couple times… overall I’d still give him the stud.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers regular season winning percentage in the 5 years prior to LaFleur (Rodgers starts only): 59%.

Packers regular season winning percentage in the 3 years prior to LaFleur (Rodgers starts only): 54%
Interesting stat. MLF seems to know how to win, and he doesn't give away games we should win very often. I'm actually surprised there isn't a larger discrepancy in those stats, I seem to recall a couple of rough years there. But when you throw in the caveat of Rodgers starting it makes a little more sense. But I'm still surprised.

Dantés

Gute Loot
Reaction score
Anyone else notice how easily Jean-Charles got juked at the goal line?

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They had another long runback on a KickOff. I would not cry if they let the guy go. He's had a chance. Let him go before he screws up our punter.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Cincinnati did us a favor by passing so much early in the game. They are going to get their QB hurt that way. He hasn't figured out how to protect himself yet.

GreenNGold_81

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Stud: ARod, Adams, Dillon, Campbell, Amos, Big Dog.
Dud: Crosby, Barry, Savage.

Not sure what to make of the playcalling. Not a big fan that they had Dillon out there when it wasn't short yardage in the red zone. I just think Aaron Jones has more versatility there.

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I’m almost done rewatching the game…. yeah Stokes got beat a couple times… overall I’d still give him the stud.
Stokes is gonna be a stud like Jaire -whose absence was felt big time.

AR and Davante are one of the most dynamic duos I've seen in years. Everyone knows Rodgers is looking for him and he somehow finds a way to get open. How do defenses stop that?

Considering how many starters were in street clothes from the OL that group did well. Big win on the road against a much improved Bengals squad.

realitybytez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cincinnati did us a favor by passing so much early in the game. They are going to get their QB hurt that way. He hasn't figured out how to protect himself yet.

Reaction score
Studs: The Offensive Line.

GB rushed for 133 yards-6.0 per carry against a respectable Bengals 9th ranked rushing Defense. As a unit, the RB group added 193 all purpose yards.

More impressively, Rodgers to Adams by itself produced 206 yards receiving (of 333 passing) That’s against a Defense that was ranked 13th in passing yards and 7th in overall yardage allowed (ranked between Chargers-Arizona). Adams was very close adding more to that with an off target throw into the Endzone.

As bad as we appeared at times (I’ll admit I called them out early in) This was a very solid Offensive performance.

Defensive Unit
The Defense allowed just 5 Bengals 3rd downs into conversions. They shut down the other 9 3rd down attempts and allowed a respectable 5.6 yards per Bengals Offensive play. They also forced 2 Turnovers. Aside from the TD with :36 sec left (rushing 3!) in the 1st half, our Defense would’ve allowed just 15 points over 34 minutes on the field.

Last edited:

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anyone else notice how easily Jean-Charles got juked at the goal line?

SJC is very raw and needed a year of light work if any IMO. He is in the fire and definitely getting burned, this season is gonna make him better or force him outta the picture for the future.

GBowner

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs: Adams, Dillon, Jones,
Duds: Crosby, Red zone D needs fixed NOW, special teams suck, Rodgers clock management and taking a horrible sack

Reaction score
Studs: Adams, Dillon, Jones,
Duds: Crosby, Red zone D needs fixed NOW, special teams suck, Rodgers clock management and taking a horrible sack
While I initially agreed with you on that sack. On a replay shortly after you could see Cobb was being accosted and I believe he was one of his primary targets. The Bengals got away with what should’ve been a pretty easy D pass interference call.
I’m ok with letting them play, but there’s no consistency from one game to the next in officiating. When they say “any given Sunday” I guess that goes for the referees too. :whistling:

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs - Devante Adams - Had an absolutely incredible showing. It doesn't get much better. One man wrecking crew.

AJ Dillon - Showed hands in this game and is starting to show some versatility. Watching Cincy try to get him on the ground was a statement to his strength and power.

Devondre Campbell - this guy is worth every penny! Read very well and played hard and great vision vs the run and pass.

Kenny Clark - played stout in the middle for the most part.

Eric Stokes - Kid played well against a very formidable lightning fast WR, and showing some great progress.

Duds - Crosby - As good as he has been in the recent past, he got a case of the yips today, and it very nearly cost the game. Clown car 4th quarter and Overtime game had me laughing.

Maurice Drayton/Rayna Stewart/Connor Lewis - these coaches need to fix the right side of FG formation. Put Mercedes Lewis over there to block. The kickoff and punt teams need vast improvements. That said, I understand the injuries on this team are making their jobs difficult but that is what they are paid to coach - Special Teams.

This game was an array of ups and downs that was the definition of inconsistency. What was going on with all the confusion on offense in the 2nd half? Was it Hackett or MLF calling some of these plays or Rodgers audibling out of them or what? Cost 2 time outs. Needed to consider no huddle at times in this game. So many injuries are contributing here and that is understandable to a point I guess. Win UGLY baby, and it was a bearded lady win for the ages...LOL

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
While I initially agreed with you on that sack. On a replay shortly after you could see Cobb was being accosted and I believe he was one of his primary targets. The Bengals got away with what should’ve been a pretty easy D pass interference call.
I’m ok with letting them play, but there’s no consistency from one game to the next in officiating. When they say “any given Sunday” I guess that goes for the referees too. :whistling:
Cobb was being mugged. It was such an obvious hold. Amazing

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Every kick been an issue since that Pittsburgh block. Hes seeing ghosts due to that persistent lack of protection from that side
The could be part of it, but on at least one of the misses (the one with 0:04 in regulation) I think the hold was bad. When a kick that initially goes straight takes a hard curve it's either due to a strong wind or the laces not facing forward. With the flags on the goalpost not indicating a strong wind, I'm going with a bad hold on that particular kick.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score

You can see that about Burrows on the other team as well. We expect that to happen with the new kids. The old ones..well.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
AR and Davante are one of the most dynamic duos I've seen in years. Everyone knows Rodgers is looking for him and he somehow finds a way to get open. How do defenses stop that?
The problem is he's starting to get that #17 tunnel vision again. On the 3 and 8 play where he threw a 2 yard pass to Adams, he had Lazard wide open about 15 yards or so downfield and it's as if he didn't even see him.