Official Studs n Duds Cinncy

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The problem is he's starting to get that #17 tunnel vision again. On the 3 and 8 play where he threw a 2 yard pass to Adams, he had Lazard wide open about 15 yards or so downfield and it's as if he didn't even see him.
Good point. I remember Lombardi stressing that with Bart Starr back in the day. Bears will have a plan for Adams. We need to have a plan for them.

RicFlairoftheNFL

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Duds: BOTH players over 35. One couldn't make a kick with GPS implanted into the ball, and the other didn't have enough balls to put the team on his back and bail Crosby out.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Duds: BOTH players over 35. One couldn't make a kick with GPS implanted into the ball, and the other didn't have enough balls to put the team on his back and bail Crosby out.
You are hilarious. At least say something with a hint of truth to it.

JKramer64

Cheesehead
Reaction score
At the end of the day, a win is a win. The Packers are 4-1, atop the NFC north and tied for the second best record in the conference. They have yet to put together a complete game, but are showing improvement week to week despite the rash of injuries. They have two winnable games coming up vs CHI and WFT. Hopefully they can enter the tough part of the schedule at 6-1.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pretty sure he missed 4 in Detroit a few years ago. MM let him kick a late one to get some confidence back.
Gotta keep in mind that FGs are a three man effort by the snapper, holder and kicker. A missed kick can primarily be the fault of any one of those three or any combination of them. I'm sure they will get it figured out.

At least Crosby didn't start celebrating like a jackwagon after any of his misses.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

The problem is he's starting to get that #17 tunnel vision again. On the 3 and 8 play where he threw a 2 yard pass to Adams, he had Lazard wide open about 15 yards or so downfield and it's as if he didn't even see him.
I wasn`t brought up on American football and came to the party later in life but even I can see it, and he does not seem to like short range passing.

RepStar15

"We're going to relentlessly chase perfection."
Reaction score
The Packers defense was really impressive yesterday overall. It seemed they were on the same page and looked like a cohesive unit. I am hoping this continues and Joe Barry's defense just took them a bit longer to grasp. I never thought I would say these next words, particularly in the ILB. Krys Barnes and De'Vondre Campbell were absolute studs. Adding Jaylon Smith to that group, could easily bring them to a level we could have never imagined in August.
As much as I cannot stand Kevin King, he did well yesterday and Eric Stokes did a good job for a rookie. A little concerned with Savage so far this year overall. TJ Slaton was great yesterday as well.

Krabs

I take offense to that sir.
Reaction score
What game were you watching? Rodgers continually handed the game to Crosby to try to win instead of carrying the team like someone with his salary status and ability should do when he seems a teammate struggling like that.
Well, Rodgers would have had to change the plays that MLF sent in. After the INT in overtime MLF was content to run the ball and settle for the FG. I was saying they needed to get aggressive and go for the TD. They ran the ball twice and tried the FG on 3rd down. That's not on Rodgers. Rodgers made some nice tosses, specifically the one to Cobb, to set them up for game winning FGs.

Krabs

I take offense to that sir.
Reaction score
I won't discredit that this does happen at times. However, eight different players had receptions and six players had multiple targets. Adams is a playmaker and they should try to get him the ball when they can. If there are a few plays here and there where it is forced a bit then that is Rodgers trusting Adams to make a play. Again, I don't disagree that at times other players are open and easy passes are missed. I just think the idea is to get Adams the ball to make plays. I'm really hoping the Packers can find a way to re-sign him.

thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've got no issues with Rodgers force-feeding the best receiver in the league. I'm pretty confident if Adams isn't clicking in a game, ARod can integrate safety blankets like Jones and Cobb without it killing the offense. Only guy that concerns me tbh is Tonyan. I expected his production to drop off quite a bit, but not this much.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I've got no issues with Rodgers force-feeding the best receiver in the league. I'm pretty confident if Adams isn't clicking in a game, ARod can integrate safety blankets like Jones and Cobb without it killing the offense. Only guy that concerns me tbh is Tonyan. I expected his production to drop off quite a bit, but not this much.

Tonyan has not been open like Lazard. Honest to God there has been plays I swear the opposition is literally letting Lazard just go unchecked, gambling Rodgers won't even notice.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Only guy that concerns me tbh is Tonyan. I expected his production to drop off quite a bit, but not this much.
I don't DVR & re-watch the games/players so I'm just guessing... is Tonyan being used to help block considerably more than last year? If he needs to assist/chip DE's to help Nijman and/or Turner is he in less pass patterns or not available as a check-down option?

thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't DVR & re-watch the games/players so I'm just guessing... is Tonyan being used to help block considerably more than last year? If he needs to assist/chip DE's to help Nijman and/or Turner is he in less pass patterns or not available as a check-down option?
No idea. As good a theory as any though.

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I won't discredit that this does happen at times. However, eight different players had receptions and six players had multiple targets. Adams is a playmaker and they should try to get him the ball when they can. If there are a few plays here and there where it is forced a bit then that is Rodgers trusting Adams to make a play. Again, I don't disagree that at times other players are open and easy passes are missed. I just think the idea is to get Adams the ball to make plays. I'm really hoping the Packers can find a way to re-sign him.

Part of the adjustment to playing without Jenkins and Bakh has been to speed things up in the passing game, Aaron isnt spending a whole lot of time in the pocket and he's still been getting sacked at a healthy rate. I dont think that he's working too many progressions right now, basically 1st progression is Adams and if thats not there look to the back.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

The Packers defense was really impressive yesterday overall. It seemed they were on the same page and looked like a cohesive unit. I am hoping this continues and Joe Barry's defense just took them a bit longer to grasp. I never thought I would say these next words, particularly in the ILB. Krys Barnes and De'Vondre Campbell were absolute studs. Adding Jaylon Smith to that group, could easily bring them to a level we could have never imagined in August.
As much as I cannot stand Kevin King, he did well yesterday and Eric Stokes did a good job for a rookie. A little concerned with Savage so far this year overall. TJ Slaton was great yesterday as well.

But we need King. Every year we have to hate somebody, and blame them for everything. It`s tradition.

Don Barclay

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm late to the table, but my studs: Campbell, for continuing to dramatically outperform our expectations as fans; Dillon, for really bringing something new to his game and showing off versatility as a receiver; and Barnes, for coming back strong (tremendous penetration on the sack!) and making me wonder if...maybe....do we have a kickass pair of ILBs for the first time in forever?