Official Studs n Duds Bears

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So who is going to have a better career? Fields or Love? Whom is in a better position to succeed in the NFL? Which one of the 2 would you rather have on your roster?
Asking for a relative.
Thanks in advance.
This is difficult to answer. Those of us watching and not at practice every day on each team can't really know. I suppose Fields mainly because he has more game time experience...? :unsure:

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So who is going to have a better career? Fields or Love? Whom is in a better position to succeed in the NFL? Which one of the 2 would you rather have on your roster?
Asking for a relative.
Thanks in advance.

I love Jordan Love, great young man - did not like when we picked him...just to be upfront first. I would say I want Fields more the Love, BUT feel Love is in a better situation than Fields. I'd much rather be in this organization than the Bears purely from a management perspective.

Krabs

I take offense to that sir.
Reaction score
Yup.

And it's not just his physical skills. He shows a great attitude, leadership, and eagerness to improve.
All of those attributes do not matter if you can't read a defense. Here's a fun stat for you and I know @tynimiller loves him some stats. Fields was 1/10 for 6 yards and 2 ints when targeting WRs covered by CBs. His TDs were just dump off passes that didn't require reading the defense at all. I'll give him he has some escapability, but you still have to make the throws. One play he broke the pocket on 3rd down and tossed the ball at the TE's feet and it wasn't even that hard of a throw. My point is that I don't see what is so special about him and why even Packer fans are trying to anoint him. To each their own though. Like him if you must.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
All of those attributes do not matter if you can't read a defense. Here's a fun stat for you and I know @tynimiller loves him some stats. Fields was 1/10 for 6 yards and 2 ints when targeting WRs covered by CBs. His TDs were just dump off passes that didn't require reading the defense at all. I'll give him he has some escapability, but you still have to make the throws. One play he broke the pocket on 3rd down and tossed the ball at the TE's feet and it wasn't even that hard of a throw. My point is that I don't see what is so special about him and why even Packer fans are trying to anoint him. To each their own though. Like him if you must.

Rodgers looked like actual cow crap against the Saints. Fields is going to have more cow crap moments than many being a rookie, some just don't get that.

Krabs

Reaction score
Rodgers looked like actual cow crap against the Saints. Fields is going to have more cow crap moments than many being a rookie, some just don't get that.
I totally get that. Like anything in life, the more you practice something the better you get at it. Most rookies will always struggle to a certain degree. Again, people were listing Fields as a stud. He certainly was not that against the Packers. He is the best choice for the Bears at QB right now, but no where near the hype people are giving him.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I totally get that. Like anything in life, the more you practice something the better you get at it. Most rookies will always struggle to a certain degree. Again, people were listing Fields as a stud. He certainly was not that against the Packers. He is the best choice for the Bears at QB right now, but no where near the hype people are giving him.

Stud? really, I missed that one and would strongly opposed it for that game specifically.

Krabs

Reaction score
Getting back to the Packers and their studs, I can't believe Douglas. I thought he was going to be just a low level guy to add for special teams and some spot duty for injuries. Man he has proven me wrong, not that he cared about that, and really taken advantage of his opportunity. I keep waiting for him to tail off, but he just keeps making plays. I'll give him the ole, "well done".

And can anyone anywhere cover Adams. Every team knows what were going to do and yet he still walks away with over 100 yards and 1 TDs. I know he will be expensive, but we have to get a contract done with him. GPG!

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
On that play the Bears player went out of bounds on his own.
You can go out on your own you just have to make an attempt to come back in right away. I thought it was close. Thankfully the refs didn't.

Edit: Never mind

Last edited:

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Stud: This guy! He must be scoring big time outside the stadium!

You must be logged in to see this image or video!
Can you imagine the fun this guy could have just efing with people. Going around in a Bears cap or a Steelers Tshirt or all kinds of crap. Then there's the efing with people you are talking about. Think of all the ***** who want to try to trap a rich guy with a paternity suit. " Who me, Im not Aaron Rodgers. I'm the assistant french fry cooker at Burger King. I wish you and your little round head all the best but just try getting child support from me."

Krabs

Reaction score
You can go out on your own you just have to make an attempt to come back in right away. I thought it was close. Thankfully the refs didn't.
I'm not sure that is accurate. Here is what I found on the web: Definition. This penalty can be called during any kicking plays throughout a game, but is mainly called and focused on during kickoff plays. Once the ball is kicked, a player cannot run out of bounds and come back in bounds if he was not forced out of bounds via a block or push by a player on the receiving team.

However, it is a short definition. I couldn't find more precise information. I'd like to read it if someone finds a more detailed explanation of the rule.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He chose to leave the field, the key to the "coming back in quickly" is if forced out. The gunner can never at any time choose to leave the field or choose to stay off the field.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Could be, Im going off what the announcers said. There has always been some caveats on those types of plays. A WR stepping out of bounds has to "establish himself back in the field of play" before ha can make a catch. A player stepping out of bounds "can't be the first one to touch the ball or make first contact after he returns to the field of play.".

You may be right though. I seem to recall that if a player is forced out he needs to try to return as quickly as possible so maybe the forced out is where that comes in. I remember one game where a guy was pushed out and he ran downfield behind a bunch of players and coaches for about 5 yards then came back and made the tackle.

Either way, we got a big time call on that one.

D

Deleted member 6794

Good thing the muff rule was in play or we could be talking about a complete and utter collapse that surpassed what saw in the NFCCG against the Seahawks.

Even if the Packers somehow had lost that game vs. the Bears it wouldn't have been close to as bad as the NFCCG vs. the Seahawks.

Matt Lafleur- Did you not self scout during the bye? 6 runs in the first half. Then when we started running in the 2nd half the offense hummed.

It took the offense a quarter to find a rhythm but they were pretty efficient from the second quarter on despite not running the ball much.

I'm not sure that is accurate. Here is what I found on the web: Definition. This penalty can be called during any kicking plays throughout a game, but is mainly called and focused on during kickoff plays. Once the ball is kicked, a player cannot run out of bounds and come back in bounds if he was not forced out of bounds via a block or push by a player on the receiving team.

However, it is a short definition. I couldn't find more precise information. I'd like to read it if someone finds a more detailed explanation of the rule.

Here's the exact phrasing of the rule:

If a kicking team player goes out of bounds during the kick, either of his own volition or by being legally forced out of bounds, he may not touch or recover the ball beyond the receiving team’s restraining line, unless it has first been touched by a receiving team player. If a kicking team player touches the ball before re-establishing himself legally inbounds, it is a free kick out of bounds.

Penalty: For illegal touching of a free kick by the kicking team: Loss of five yards.

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I love Jordan Love, great young man - did not like when we picked him...just to be upfront first. I would say I want Fields more the Love, BUT feel Love is in a better situation than Fields. I'd much rather be in this organization than the Bears purely from a management perspective.
I was looking at a Bears forum once (similar to gawking at the scene of an accident), and plenty of them were lamenting not drafting Rodgers. One honest Bears fan conceded that if they had drafted Rodgers, Rodgers would have busted out of the league in a few years.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Most know I'm not a fan of the arrogance Rodgers lives most of his minutes with, but this year he's been a little bit of an emotional and moment grabber it seems more than normal. Another small one added to the list this year:

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Most know I'm not a fan of the arrogance Rodgers lives most of his minutes with, but this year he's been a little bit of an emotional and moment grabber it seems more than normal. Another small one added to the list this year:

Wow, you're really reaching for things to hang him on aren't you. In the grand scheme of things I don't know how much taking those 2 snaps will mean to Benkert but to hit Rodgers with a negative just becasue he suggested it is a bit much. I heard he held the door open for a lady at the grocery store. What an attention Whore.

Edit:. If I misunderstood your meaning tyni I apologise.

Last edited:

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He chose to leave the field, the key to the "coming back in quickly" is if forced out. The gunner can never at any time choose to leave the field or choose to stay off the field.
You are right. I watched the play again and the call was that the player left the field of play on his own and that was the penalty. No further explanation needed. Collinsworth had it right at first but then he brought up the part about returning in a timely manner which is not relevant in this case which added to the confusion.

Last edited:

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Wow, you're really reaching for things to hang him on aren't you. In the grand scheme of things I don't know how much taking those 2 snaps will mean to Benkert but to hit Rodgers with a negative just becasue he suggested it is a bit much. I heard he held the door open for a lady at the grocery store. What an attention Whore.
Gotta love when someone gives the appearance of giving a compliment, yet it's really a back handed slap. It's like "hey this ******* finally did something that I approve of, but he's a miserable bastard every other second of his life".

I'm still curious how @tynimiller knows how Rodgers lives most of his minutes. Maybe he can fill us in.

Last edited:

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He will have to clarify…. But I think you misunderstood…. I think he was actually complimenting him … not being critical.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Gotta love when someone gives the appearance of giving a compliment, yet it's really a bad handed slap. It's like "hey this ******* finally did something that I approve of, but he's a miserable bastard every other second of his life".

I'm still curious how @tynimiller knows how Rodgers lives most of his minutes. Maybe he can fill us in.
I took the comment to mean…. “Hey I’ve been critical of him in the past, but this was a really great thing he did”.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I took it to mean he didn't want Jordan Love to get that honor. That makes more sense in keeping with what we know of AR - a self- serving, bitter, shell of a human being.

:whistling:

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He will have to clarify…. But I think you misunderstood…. I think he was actually complimenting him … not being critical.
I took the comment to mean…. “Hey I’ve been critical of him in the past, but this was a really great thing he did”.
When I started reading that is the direction I thought tyni was going and I admit I may have misunderstood. If so I apologise. It was the phrase "moment grabber" that steered me in the direction I took. I took it as meaning attention seeker.

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Edit:. If I misunderstood your meaning tyni I apologise.

You did, the moment grabber line meant he is seemingly soaking in moments far far more than past years. Getting emotional and such.

The snaps meant a lot to Benkert btw, follow his social media and he appreciated the crap out of the final snaps.

No worries I get where you may have misunderstood what I said

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Gotta love when someone gives the appearance of giving a compliment, yet it's really a back handed slap. It's like "hey this ******* finally did something that I approve of, but he's a miserable bastard every other second of his life".

I’ve clarified for the record, it was a compliment. Ease up there Charlie Brown