Official Studs n Duds Bears

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The offense was clearly a huge stud. I can't think of anyone who didn't play well.

But that was one of the worst special teams performances that I've ever seen. Punt and kickoff coverage was awful, muffed a punt, botched an onside kick, the special teams basically sucked at everything. If it wasn't for the fact that the offense was basically unstoppable from the second quarter on, it likely would have cost us the game. We won't get away with that against good teams.

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
Studs

Offense once it got going.
Lazard with comeback today
Dilion

PICK SIX SPECIALLIST DOUGLASS

Major Duds The special teams.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Hate to essentially piggy back on what others have alluded to, but the special teams were not so special Or should I say, "oh so special". It's really getting ridiculous at this point. It's a huge thing that many aren't focusing on.

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
Hate to essentially piggy back on what others have alluded to, but the special teams were not so special Or should I say, "oh so special". It's really getting ridiculous at this point. It's a huge thing that many aren't focusing on.

I have this sickening feeling they will cost us in the playoffs at the worst possable time.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Studs
2nd half defense. I expected that the whole game. Took the first quarter plus to get back from the bye week.
After 1st quarter offense. Took some time for their bus to show up also. I don't want the #1 seed if this is their response to a week off.
Dillon, Preston, Clark, Gary, Rasuul, Stokes shutdown Robinson.

Duds: injuries, 1st quarter somnambulists in the green jerseys.

I have no word for the special teams. If the Bears purge the coaching staff, MLF better grab their ST coach immediately no matter if we are playing yet or not.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
I have this sickening feeling they will cost us in the playoffs at the worst possable time.
Sadly, I couldn't agree more.

Makes me sick that the offense and defense seem to be hitting their stride. Or at least have the potential to be elite. And then you have ST's.

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score
Was waiting on this
Studs: Offense entire offense every player included, a salute to O’line for holding the line for Rodgers and receivers, and running backs.
Duds: we all know who the villian(s) are ST you are a liability, a cut that needs to be stitched up NOW MLF, unbelievable how something is so bad the organization will not address b4 the season is over, DO IT NOW! It was bad watching this crap show

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not sure what the answer is for special teams. When I see play that bad, I can't help but think the coach is lacking, but on the other hand, when I see such bad play from players, should I blame the coach? It's bad. The only thing that keeps me sane is we were terrible all year until the end last time we won it. So maybe?

But they're bad, coverages, returns. Kicking seemed solid tonight, I guess I'll take the wins where I can get them concerning special teams.

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
Good thing they got called on that punt muff and cant advance a ball on an onside kick. They would had given up 21 pts on ST that is beyond horrific.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
I'm not sure what the answer is for special teams. When I see play that bad, I can't help but think the coach is lacking, but on the other hand, when I see such bad play from players, should I blame the coach? It's bad. The only thing that keeps me sane is we were terrible all year until the end last time we won it. So maybe?

But they're bad, coverages, returns. Kicking seemed solid tonight, I guess I'll take the wins where I can get them concerning special teams.
Bad special teams over a sustained stretch is ALWAYS a reflection on coaching, at least the way that I view it. Something is a miss and it needs to be addressed now.

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs:

Adam Stenavich - this line despite so many setbacks continues to roll on with very good depth and results. Kelly comes in and it is as if the line doesn't miss a beat. Stenavich has these guys prepared.

AR12 - When he's hot - he's scorching, and ofcourse its the bears who take the brunt of it.

Adams - showed his value and every time they needed to move the chains he shined.

Kelly - came in and the oline still kept a good pocket. He's a veteran and his efforts were surprising and welcoming.

Rasul Douglas - he's is developing a knack for the ball and has good break.

Lazard - he played really well and made nice short and medium gains.

Duds:

Anything special teams related to kick or punt coverage or return. Heads should roll now. Whoever is in charge of these units needs to be shown the door.

This shouldve been a big blowout with the offense humming as well as they did. There is absolutely no way this special teams staff should be in Green Bay any longer. On to Baltimore.

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score

I agree most of the blame is on the players, they are on the field, but its up to the coach like any CEO or supervisor to get it done and he has failed, not sure how a new boss would do but someone has to fix this now,

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Nice, I just finished watching every Red Dwarf episode.

If you ever get the chance to read the books do so. The story of the metal mountain and the religious artifact had me crying laughing everytime I read it.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts