Official raider game

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think that most of the time that someone hurts an ankle, it's labeled a sprain. It's more of a strain. As you said, sprains usually stretch tendons and joints causing longer recoveries and long-term problems, such as ankles more likely to roll.

Breaks usually don't require screws and grafts, but heal back as strong as they were prior to the break.

Yep broke my right ankle and it healed up without any issues. Severely sprained my left ankle several times and i have ligament damage and it sprains super easily. It's also sensetive to the touch

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No Shields.
Randall vs. Cooper... good battle and test for Damarious. He should get Safety help all day so I'm thinking Cooper has a quiet day. Front 4 contain Murray and put some pressure on Carr and this is a win. Packers 34, Raiders 20.

Un4GivN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Randall vs. Cooper... good battle and test for Damarious. He should get Safety help all day so I'm thinking Cooper has a quiet day. Front 4 contain Murray and put some pressure on Carr and this is a win. Packers 34, Raiders 20.

I'm more worried about Crabtree than Cooper... Crabtree has more targets, catches, and touchdowns.

Pkrjones

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm more worried about Crabtree than Cooper... Crabtree has more targets, catches, and touchdowns.
I may be wrong, but Crabtree has success when DB's play off of him 5-8 yards. GB will jam him much of the time not allowing a clean release and he shouldn't have free space to build up his speed heading into his route. Hopefully Capers dials-up Safety help after the CB jams and Carr doesn't have 4+ seconds to find a receiver.

Un4GivN

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I may be wrong, but Crabtree has success when DB's play off of him 5-8 yards. GB will jam him much of the time not allowing a clean release and he shouldn't have free space to build up his speed heading into his route. Hopefully Capers dials-up Safety help after the CB jams and Carr doesn't have 4+ seconds to find a receiver.

I'll give you that one, I haven't been able to watch many Raiders games this year so I'm unsure :)

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
To clear up the ankle sprain, strain, and fracture stuff.

A strain is a stretched or torn muscle or tendon. A sprain is a stretched or torn ligament. That's why players have a hamstring strain and never a hamstring sprain. And ankle sprains, not ankle strains.

Also, an ankle sprain is commonly worse than a break. It often results in long term stability issues and a high risk or re- injury. Most breaks will be fine in about 6 weeks of rest and not bother someone again. (This excludes severe breaks of course. Those cases would also have ligament damage involved too).

A high ankle sprain compared to lower in the ankle is much worse. The recovery time is up to twice as long as grade 3 (complete tear) lateral sprain.

It involves the area in between the tibia and fibula. A general rule for recovery is about a month for every cm up from the ankle joint there is pain. It makes sense that Ty has not been back yet.

Hope this helps. Source is being a physical therapist.
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just hope they keep an eye out on Woodson if he's in the slot . He's definitely going to blitz a couple times and I'm sure he wants a sack or pick in the worse way. Throw it hot in that vacant spot.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
Rodney at Packers Notes says this year's D may be the best since 2010 but "it remains to be seen whether it’s truly a good defense. Shutting down Detroit, Chicago, Minnesota and the Romo-less Cowboys shouldn’t obscure the fact that offenses with real quarterbacks (San Diego, Denver and Carolina) put up 86 points and nearly 1,500 yards against Dom Capers’ crew." Of course Arizona will be a bigger test but the "next two games will give us a better idea of what kind of defense the Packers will be taking into the playoffs". http://packersnotes.com/2015/12/preview-packers-vs-raiders/comment-page-1/#comment-867

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think they are solid but not like the 2010 defense at all. That defense had playmakers at each level, and they were like 2nd or 1st in the league in takeaways. The secondary ( mainly Woodson) intercepted the ball a lot.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
I think they are solid but not like the 2010 defense at all.
No, it's not nearly as good as the 2010 D - that's why he wrote, "since 2010" and not "since 2009" or "as good as the 2010 D".

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
Today's inactives:
  • QB Brett Hundley
  • CB Sam Shields
  • RB John Crockett
  • LB Andy Mulumba
  • G Josh Walker
  • TE Kennard Backman
  • WR Ty Montgomery

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't care what people say about aikman and buck, I'd take them any day over this group of yahoos announcing

thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't care what people say about aikman and buck, I'd take them any day over this group of yahoos announcing

I don't think there's any set of commentators that actually bothers me, but some people seem to really love/hate certain pairings. Don't really see what makes one pair good and another bad I guess, cos they just seem the same to me.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not knowing the names of players and just fumbling your canned and scripted talking points rather than being able to follow the flow of the game are the hallmarks of crap announcers.

greenandgold

I'm Dirty Hairy Callahan
Reaction score
So what was it, the Giants losing made it a fact we are in the oplayoffs? And the Cowboys should now be out. I want to see Bayless in ESPN's First Take crying the blues today. His precious Cowgurls are out.

C-Lee

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So what was it, the Giants losing made it a fact we are in the oplayoffs? And the Cowboys should now be out. I want to see Bayless in ESPN's First Take crying the blues today. His precious Cowgurls are out.
He's a Patriots fan these days.

Sky King

Reaction score
To me, Bayless is neither a journalist nor an entertainer. What he represents to me is a huge waste time if I were to squander any of my time at all watching him. Frankly, I can't think of a single worthwhile reason to endure his columns or watch him verbally breaking wind.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts