Official game 13 pregame thread: Tell Me About The Giants

Krabs

I take offense to that sir.
Reaction score
Romo is very good. Very realistic. I also like another Cowboy, the Moose, Daryl Johnston.
You know who actually isn't that bad is Matt Millen. He doesn't do big time games anymore. He's been banished to bad college football games. I like when he lands on a Badger's game. He's actually pretty knowledgeable and has made jokes about his time as a GM with the Lions. Pretty humble guy and insightful. He will never get back to primetime though. Tells you he is doing it because he enjoys it.

Krabs

I take offense to that sir.
Reaction score
I like Al Michaels, guess I don't get 100% why people hope he moves on. I haven't personally detected anything on, but then again, I'm older and low energy too.
He's just not exciting to listen to anymore. He doesn't even get excited when there's big plays.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You know who actually isn't that bad is Matt Millen. He doesn't do big time games anymore. He's been banished to bad college football games. I like when he lands on a Badger's game. He's actually pretty knowledgeable and has made jokes about his time as a GM with the Lions. Pretty humble guy and insightful. He will never get back to primetime though. Tells you he is doing it because he enjoys it.
You are correct. He was always enjoyable. Believe it or not he was color for the 9er-Packer playoff in the mud in 1996. And what stood out was his read on a bruised rib Steve Young and a reliable Jerry Rice. On the next series Young was taken out of the game.

Reaction score
I cannot remember the last time I've seen him grin.... :D
Oh Howie smiles when the Packers lose. Trust me on this one :tup:

I will say I paid closer attention to Aikman the other night. He was borderline a Giants fan. Now maybe because they were an underdog, but yeah, it was noticeable he celebrated any mistakes GB made. Especially when Jordan made a mistake he piled on hard.

Al Michaels reminds me of my Dad

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
I've always thought that both Aikman and Collinsworth spend way too much time whining and discussing officials calls. Aikman acts like he wants an hour and a half game and is in a hurry to leave. I think it's past time for him to be sent home.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have always liked Michaels. Who can ever forget "do you believe in miracles?" I must admit though that he was stuck with some really poor games this year and made it clear he thought they were beneath him. IMO. I am only guessing that the network was not happy about that and it had something to do with this decision.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have always liked Michaels. Who can ever forget "do you believe in miracles?" I must admit though that he was stuck with some really poor games this year and made it clear he thought they were beneath him. IMO. I am only guessing that the network was not happy about that and it had something to do with this decision.
Yes. 1980. And then in the 1985 World Series Game 6. " Safe! We go to a 7th! "

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh Howie smiles when the Packers lose. Trust me on this one :tup:

I will say I paid closer attention to Aikman the other night. He was borderline a Giants fan. Now maybe because they were an underdog, but yeah, it was noticeable he celebrated any mistakes GB made. Especially when Jordan made a mistake he piled on hard.

Al Michaels reminds me of my Dad
I post on another large football forum that has fans from all the teams (plus individual team subforums) and all those guys who are fans of other NFL teams whine about Aikman because they feel he is playing favorites for the club their team is playing/losing to! They are not fans of Buck either. I'd rather listen to them than Collingsworth on NBC. His constant crying about the non-DPI call at the end of the KC game was annoying as hell and made it look more egregious than it was.