Official raider game

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Is there a way we can clinch a playoff birth with a win against Oakland? Maybe a few other teams lose?

ls1bob

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oakland scares me. They are so Jekyll and Hyde and play very loose. If we can continue the defensive stops and get even more fluid and productive on the offense I think we win by 8 or more

thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There's nothing "trap" about this game. They're a good team and we're going to their very unwelcoming home. That's just a straight up tough game at face value.

Voltron

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was gonna wear a jersey i made for this game, but i decided to Raider out (Green Bay style) instead.
Its not finished I got more spikes to add, and geen and gold face paint on game day and some more finishing touches. Im excited about this game since Many who I know are raider fans.
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was gonna wear a jersey i made for this game, but i decided to Raider out (Green Bay style) instead.
Its not finished I got more spikes to add, and geen and gold face paint on game day and some more finishing touches. Im excited about this game since Many who I know are raider fans.

I hope you're not going *to* the game. I'd fear for your life :eek:

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Is there a way we can clinch a playoff birth with a win against Oakland? Maybe a few other teams lose?

Far as I can see the answer is yes.

Carolina 13-0 IN
Arizona 11-2 IN

Green Bay 9-4
Seattle 8-5
Minnesota 8-5

All other teams have 7 losses or more, which means that if GB wins and goes to 10-4, they are in.

Last edited:

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score

You are a very very self confident young man. ;)

Sky King

Reaction score
There are a few people that have an extraordinarily high threshold for pain.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Raiders have been up and down, much like us. They have shown they can play some pretty good football, and we better show up ready to play.

RepStar15

"We're going to relentlessly chase perfection."
Reaction score
That Raiders defense will give us some trouble. Khalil Mack is a monster. But our defense should effectively shut down that somewhat one dimensional offense, squeak by with a W and move on to Arizona. If they play like they did yesterday, should be a similar score.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can see us losing in Oakland. Charles Woodson is going to have something to prove and he's going to have that defense Amped up to play . Our Wrs. Can't get open nowadays and we don't have a single guy who can block Khalil Mack one on one. Man I hope Lacy and Starks go off because this has the feel of that Chiefs game we lost a few yrs back.

Last edited:

C-Lee

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm feeling good about the team right now. We need to ride this momentum and hopefully see some more improvements in the passing game.

Uncle Rico

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can see us losing in Oakland. Charles Woodson is going to have something to prove and he's going to have that defense Amped up to play . Our Wrs. Can't get open nowadays and we don't have a single guy who can block Khalil Mack one on one. Man I hope Lacy and Starks go off because this has the feel of that Chiefs game we lost a few yrs back.
Not taking anything away from Mack, but Bulaga is a much better tackle than Mike Schofield for Denver. He won't have 5 sacks this weekend.

P-E-Z

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think we make the playoffs the only question is will be div champ or wildcard. I think the only in the hunt teams that matter in the NFC east

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I didn't see this game, but for whatever reason the Broncos failed to establish a ground attack. Looks like CJ Anderson didn't play and I don't know if it was that the Broncos' O-line was beat up or that Ronnie Hillman just sucks in general at running it, but when Osweiler has to drop back 51 times to try and win it, that's never a good thing.

I feel that looking at the way Lacy and Starks were running this last game, plus add to O-line playing better, the Dallas run defense being better than Oakland's, and seeing what happens when MM is calling the plays, everything in this game to me is pointing to a Packer win.

Given the way the landscape is looking to shift in a post-Manning era in Denver in the AFC West, I do believe the Raiders are the future there, and no doubt they are a team in improvement. But the time has not yet arrived and I just think that going against a Packer team that since coming off the miracle in Motown is looking to go on a run, Packers should be 10-4 at the end of this next Sunday.

A win here clinches a playoff spot for us and gives the NFC North winner at least a 3rd seed spot, with the game between Philly and Arizona still to be decided.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
you know what else they had? Dropped passes. Their best guys dropping footballs that hit them right in the hands. Thomas and Davis, on 3rd and 4th downs, one at the goal line that would have most likely been a TD, all dropped. We've all see that game plenty of times this year. It's hard to win when you don't make the plays that are right there to be made.

Reaction score
With the Dallas Game..I was looking for just a modest improvement in relation to us playing a team with a 3rd string QB. We dominated them with our running game and our confidence to run the ball just went up a notch. This will be important come playoffs because it will be unlikely to go throw for throw with teams like Carolina etc.. . But we can do what teams have done to us in the past and slow them down with our rushing attack, AR included. Time of possession was almost 38 minutes for us this week, that's gonna need to be an ingredient in the playoff soup against high power Offenses this year. Also, once again involving the RB in the short passing game (high probability passes) proved formidable and also kept AR off his back and kept him in Rythmn.
Keeping our D off the field, 3rd n short conversions, mitigating penalty yardage especially on KR and PR and goal line type conversions (goal to go) need to be a major focus the next several weeks.
PS. Bring back the Raji at RB with a Double TE set so he can't be tripped

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
you know what else they had? Dropped passes. Their best guys dropping footballs that hit them right in the hands. Thomas and Davis, on 3rd and 4th downs, one at the goal line that would have most likely been a TD, all dropped. We've all see that game plenty of times this year. It's hard to win when you don't make the plays that are right there to be made.

So what you are saying is that Denver's play calling sucks too.

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not taking anything away from Mack, but Bulaga is a much better tackle than Mike Schofield for Denver. He won't have 5 sacks this weekend.

Lol not by a lot and I'm definitely not putting it past anyone. This is the same Bulaga that gave Bruce Irwin what? 4 sacks? There's no way in heck I'd even think about letting him block Mack one on one.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cautiously optimistic....or irrational exhuberance??? I'll go with cautiously optimistic. The Raiders are a good team and our offense is an amnesia patient who's memories of greatness are starting to flow again. These teams are a good match at this stage in the season.