Official raider game

Packers907

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With MM back at the helm and Lacy and Starks showing some promise, feeling better about the Raider game then before this week. We were that team that wasn't sure who would show up week to week but with a big win over Dallas I see some promise of the Pack finding their stride. Plus MM has announced he will continue the play calling which should make everyone feel a little better. The proof is in the pudding.

Packerlifer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can see us losing in Oakland. Charles Woodson is going to have something to prove and he's going to have that defense Amped up to play . Our Wrs. Can't get open nowadays and we don't have a single guy who can block Khalil Mack one on one. Man I hope Lacy and Starks go off because this has the feel of that Chiefs game we lost a few yrs back.

I think this is the most dangerous game on the Pack's remaining schedule. Dangerous because, while they are and should be favored to win, they are capable of laying an egg in it or having the Raiders rise up and upset them. But also because the result of this game will either open up great possibilities for them or complicate their task of winning the division or making the playoffs.

Win and they're in the playoffs and in prime position, regardless of the outcome next week at Arizona, to win a fifth straight NFC North title. And they will stay in the hunt for that #2 playoff seed and Wild Card round bye if they can follow it up with wins against the Cardinals and Vikings and get help from Seattle against Arizona in the final week.

Lose, though, and they could fall behind going into that final game at Lambeau against Minny. And possibly fall out of the playoffs altogether if they wind up 9-7.

Cheese Meister

Cheesehead
Reaction score
you know what else they had? Dropped passes. Their best guys dropping footballs that hit them right in the hands. Thomas and Davis, on 3rd and 4th downs, one at the goal line that would have most likely been a TD, all dropped. We've all see that game plenty of times this year. It's hard to win when you don't make the plays that are right there to be made.
I have a "dumb" question to ask concerning dropped passes. Last night on Monday Night Football, there was a segment on the special gloves that certain receivers use. In fact, they were showing ordinary people making one handed catches, even using the tips of their fingers, to catch passed footballs. If these gloves are so great, why don't all receivers wear them to prevent the "dropsies?"

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Remember: there's no such thing as a dumb question--just dumb people who ask questions:). Just kidding. It's a good question, and another one would be why are they legal?? Stick-um on the hands was outlawed years ago. These gloves are no different.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I have a "dumb" question to ask concerning dropped passes. Last night on Monday Night Football, there was a segment on the special gloves that certain receivers use. In fact, they were showing ordinary people making one handed catches, even using the tips of their fingers, to catch passed footballs. If these gloves are so great, why don't all receivers wear them to prevent the "dropsies?"

This article might answer your question:

http://www.latimes.com/sports/nfl/la-sp-nfl-receiver-gloves-20150830-column.html

Look for the NFL to regulate gloves in the future......

Uncle Rico

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lol not by a lot and I'm definitely not putting it past anyone. This is the same Bulaga that gave Bruce Irwin what? 4 sacks? There's no way in heck I'd even think about letting him block Mack one on one.

Not by a lot? A veteran first rounder with a ton of starts under his belt and the most reliable tackle in an offense that's consistently been near the top of the NFL vs a Rookie (maybe 2nd year, not sure???) 3rd round backup. Yeah your right, pretty much the same player. :rolleyes:

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not by a lot? A veteran first rounder with a ton of starts under his belt and the most reliable tackle in an offense that's consistently been near the top of the NFL vs a Rookie (maybe 2nd year, not sure???) 3rd round backup. Yeah your right, pretty much the same player. :rolleyes:

Bulaga doesn't look like a former first rounder so let's throw that out the window. Also him being the most reliable tackle on the team doesn't say much either as Bahk is one of the worse LT in the NFL. True story bro.

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The negative about the Cowboy game is that the Packer passing attack is still very mediocre.

As long we continue to score in that 28 points range, i'll be happy. Our run game looked better at least.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bulaga has been up and down in his career. He seems like a good guy, hard worker, so I tend to lean towards injury as the reason when he's down. When he's up, he's a pretty good right tackle and have no desire or see any need to replace him. Injuries would be the only reason, but those are never a guarantee with anybody.

Munch

NFL Owner
Reaction score
Remember: there's no such thing as a dumb question--just dumb people who ask questions:). Just kidding. It's a good question, and another one would be why are they legal?? Stick-um on the hands was outlawed years ago. These gloves are no different.
I bought a pair of the Nike Vapor 3.0 gloves. If you take them and press them to a wall they will stay there for about 20sec.

thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'd love to see the gloves go away, tbh. Wouldn't hurt our team :tup: I tend to favor most things that make the game more like it was 10-15 years ago.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wouldn't mind the gloves being gone either
But then I've never had to catch a ball when it's 6 degrees outside either

Packers907

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With the big showing by the O-line this past week, does anyone question whether they can hold Mack or not? D-line has been getting to Rodgers more this season than any other.

Rick 12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With MM back at the helm and Lacy and Starks showing some promise, feeling better about the Raider game then before this week. We were that team that wasn't sure who would show up week to week but with a big win over Dallas I see some promise of the Pack finding their stride. Plus MM has announced he will continue the play calling which should make everyone feel a little better. The proof is in the pudding.
I don't care if MM is calling the plays the passing game was not good in the Cowboy game they stayed with the run and the Cowboys could not stop them until we see improvement in the passing game still not feeling better the Cardinals will kill us if it does not get better !

Members online

Latest posts