Official Packers vs Saints thread 2014

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ever since the scandal, the Taints are back to their losing ways.
Too bad it took for them to be dirty players to win.
May they never return to the SB ever again and may the Packers show Brett how to win there.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
We have, in recent past, have had shoot out type games for arod vs brees. BUT.....these are not the same saints as before. They are on a downward slide and we are on a streak. Arod plays well in domes and in October. Saints defense looks like crap as of late and we are looking much improved as of late. I think we go down to the south and deal out a beat down.

Packers 31
Aints 17

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not sure about this game. I pegged it as a loss when I initially saw the schedule, but the Saints have played so poorly I'm beginning to think otherwise. Seems to be a good matchup for the Packers. Our hot offense against their mediocre to poor defense and our seemingly solid defense against an up and down offense.

Only problem is that the Saints haven't lost at home since 2012. They might surprise us, don't let this be a trap game.

OP
OP
Poppa San

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Should be a good test for the defense to see if they are as good as recent play suggests against an offense that could possibly win a shootout.

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Saints haven't lost in the Superdome for ages. They just blew the game in Detroit. Packers are hot as hell. Something has to give. If Rodgers and the offense continue playing the way they have been, it's a Packer win. Brees will put up serious numbers, and he's very efficient, but he does throw the occasional INT. I think the Packers will get one off him. If Rodgers can keep throwing TDs without INTs, we got it. Saints' defense won't be able to stop the Packers.

31-27 Packers.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is going to be a very tough game. If we were at home I would say Packers and I am leaning saints at the moment, will wait and see how shields is coming along before I feel confident in my prediction

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Flashback:
Wasn't this awesome?
Maybe Cobb can repeat in their house this time!

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

searmh

Cheesehead
Reaction score
playing carolina worried me more than playing new orleans. NO are struggling and our defence and offence are playing very very well at the mo. A pocket passer doesnt really worry me as much as a wilson, newton type does. NO allows a lot of points, though can score a lot too, but our defence is way ahead on turnovers. If we continue to start as well as we have brees will have to throw and we will pick him off. they have only dominated the vikings this season and allowed a lot of points even versus the Buccaneers. Cant see us losing this

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Saints secondary is awful. Their pass rush is decent at home, but nothing great. Their run D is solid, but again, nothing great.

This will be a game where we ask Rodgers to throw 30+ times I bet, just due to the fact that their secondary is so awful and cannot cover worth a flip. Its a mismatch in our favor. Nelson and Cobb will be running wide open on several plays in this game for huge splash plays.

Also, go read the Saints forum posts. Its becoming a huge consensus that Drew Brees has "lost" some of "it". He has lost arm strength. Typical things that come with age. Their offense isnt as explosive as its been in the past.

Honestly, if we slow down their run game and get a lead on them and force Brees to drop back 40+ times, we'll blow them out. The Saints cannot win with Brees throwing that much anymore. They need the run game to be effective to run their offense now to its fullest potential.

Packers 45
Saints 24

Last edited:

packerfan4ever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Peppers and Matthews get after Brees he will throw and of late he takes wild chances with each throw, when people are coming after him. Their d-line won't stop Lacy he has been pushing hard that will make A-Rod more dangerous I see a win pack 45 saints 20

Reaction score
Hmm, I'm conflicted on this one (or maybe just conflicted period?) Although on paper this would be GB by 2 scores, I'm uneasy about playing in NO against a team that has been hot for so long and is in a cooling phase. Analogous to a separate thread response, I'm being careful not to drink the Kool aid just yet
My gut sais this could be another Miami
GB 28NO 24

Dagger85

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Obviously it is difficult to play in New Orleans. They didn't lose a game there in 2013 and haven't yet this year, either. With that being said, let's take a look at who they have played at home this year:

Vikings (Saints won by 11)
Buccaneers (Saints won by 6, but it took overtime to get it done)

Obviously, our team is on a different path so far this year than these two teams. So, I don't believe much emphasis can be put on the fact that both of their wins are at home. Not saying it won't be difficult, but I do believe that the Packers get it done. Especially if our offense plays as well as they have been.

Packers: 31
Saints: 24

ls1bob

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A wounded team with a coach that is PO'ed like Payton was in his press conference scares me a little,but I think we can win this one 34-21

SoonerPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am not worried about this being a "trap game" for the boys. The Saints are no slouch team and they play their best ball by leaps and bounds at home. They have a HOF QB and the most dominant TE going. They are suspect on D but they do seem to play much faster and better when in the Mercedes Dome. I fully expect that they WILL have our full attention and when you throw in the fact that we have a bye after this game I can't see why anyone wouldn't be attacking this game balls to the wall. When we get this dub we will head into the off week with a mark of 6-2 and a ton of time to heal up and prepare for a primetime showdown in our house vs. Cutler and Co. Nov. 9th. This is a huge game and I am more than confident that all the fellas feel the same way. There are no gimmes in this league any more and this team has a bunch of true professionals on it and I will be more than shocked if we come out flat. Bring your A game, catch the rock when Brees gives you the opportunity (and he will...), and protect 12 long enough so our WR's can exploit the huge advantage they have over the Saints rag-tag secondary. 12 in a dome with a defense that is starting to round into form? Yes please. Packers: 37 Saints: 24

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
playing carolina worried me more than playing new orleans. NO are struggling and our defence and offence are playing very very well at the mo. A pocket passer doesnt really worry me as much as a wilson, newton type does. NO allows a lot of points, though can score a lot too, but our defence is way ahead on turnovers. If we continue to start as well as we have brees will have to throw and we will pick him off. they have only dominated the vikings this season and allowed a lot of points even versus the Buccaneers. Cant see us losing this

The Saints secondary is awful. Their pass rush is decent at home, but nothing great. Their run D is solid, but again, nothing great.

This will be a game where we ask Rodgers to throw 30+ times I bet, just due to the fact that their secondary is so awful and cannot cover worth a flip. Its a mismatch in our favor. Nelson and Cobb will be running wide open on several plays in this game for huge splash plays.

Also, go read the Saints forum posts. Its becoming a huge consensus that Drew Brees has "lost" some of "it". He has lost arm strength. Typical things that come with age. Their offense isnt as explosive as its been in the past.

Honestly, if we slow down their run game and get a lead on them and force Brees to drop back 40+ times, we'll blow them out. The Saints cannot win with Brees throwing that much anymore. They need the run game to be effective to run their offense now to its fullest potential.

Packers 45
Saints 24

I am not worried about this being a "trap game" for the boys. The Saints are no slouch team and they play their best ball by leaps and bounds at home. They have a HOF QB and the most dominant TE going. They are suspect on D but they do seem to play much faster and better when in the Mercedes Dome. I fully expect that they WILL have our full attention and when you throw in the fact that we have a bye after this game I can't see why anyone wouldn't be attacking this game balls to the wall. When we get this dub we will head into the off week with a mark of 6-2 and a ton of time to heal up and prepare for a primetime showdown in our house vs. Cutler and Co. Nov. 9th. This is a huge game and I am more than confident that all the fellas feel the same way. There are no gimmes in this league any more and this team has a bunch of true professionals on it and I will be more than shocked if we come out flat. Bring your A game, catch the rock when Brees gives you the opportunity (and he will...), and protect 12 long enough so our WR's can exploit the huge advantage they have over the Saints rag-tag secondary. 12 in a dome with a defense that is starting to round into form? Yes please. Packers: 37 Saints: 24
These are the kinds of posts I like to read. It helps to see that we have a very good chance to win this one.
Re: Brees losing arm strength.
Seems to be happening ever since the Bountygate was discovered and ended.
Coincidence?
Just like how the Patsies have yet to win another SB after getting caught cheating.

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
These are the kinds of posts I like to read. It helps to see that we have a very good chance to win this one.
Re: Brees losing arm strength.
Seems to be happening ever since the Bountygate was discovered and ended.
Coincidence?
Just like how the Patsies have yet to win another SB after getting caught cheating.

I don't disagree with you about having a good chance at winning. However, I've never really bought the argument that the reason the Pats haven't won a Super Bowl since spygate is that they can't watch opposing teams practices anymore. They are two miracle Eli Manning passes away from having two more since then, and I doubt that not peeking in on opponents had anything to do with it.

SoonerPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score

My buddy is a Pats fan and I always bring this up when we get to arguing. You can't tell me that having tape on a teams isn't worth a few points. Every one of their Super Bowl wins was by how many points? 3. Not one blow out or even a 10 point margin. 3 points was the margin of "victory" in every single SB win and to this day that doesn't sit well with me. Who knows, maybe it's just Belichick's attitude or the fact that I think Brady is a good but not great (or all timer at least) field general. I grew tired of hearing all of the out of the blue Pat fans as well as the pedestal they were placed on by the 4 letter network among others. Hey, they have the hardware so you can't take that away from them but like I said to this day every single one of those titles has a certain stench to them.

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The current Brady/Wild Bill era of the Patriots will always have an asterisk next to them unless they can win another Super Bowl post bountygate......which is looking more and more doubtful it will happen.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
This year for Drew

2 and 2 at home

4 tds and 3 int, 664 yards 89 rating

0 and 4 on the road, but 1252 yards 7 td and 4 int and 93 rating-but he has double the amount of atts on the road

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pierre Thomas wont play against us. Hes a big part of their team too. Especially as a pass blocker and catcher on their screen passes.

easyk83

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We have, in recent past, have had shoot out type games for arod vs brees. BUT.....these are not the same saints as before. They are on a downward slide and we are on a streak. Arod plays well in domes and in October. Saints defense looks like crap as of late and we are looking much improved as of late. I think we go down to the south and deal out a beat down.

Packers 31
Aints 17

Some of us are forgetting how effective our defense has been against the pass this season. We have 3 quality pass rushers out there at any given time with the option of deploying 5 on passing downs. We also have quality cornerbacks running 3 deep even with Shields and 3 quality safeties on the backend. I don't think the Aints Offense will give our defense too much trouble.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Some of us are forgetting how effective our defense has been against the pass this season. We have 3 quality pass rushers out there at any given time with the option of deploying 5 on passing downs. We also have quality cornerbacks running 3 deep even with Shields and 3 quality safeties on the backend. I don't think the Aints Offense will give our defense too much trouble.

#2 in league with the opp qb rating at 72.4

Since start of 2nd half of Jets game they have given up 83 points ( thats with only 12 to Lions--7 was the fumble return)

22 quarters--- if math is right -thats 15 points per 4 quarters

Thats with losing our top d backs in Miami-- and some gimme stuff from Panther game

D

Deleted member 6794

#2 in league with the opp qb rating at 72.4

We´re actually first after week 7 with a 74.0 rating.

Since start of 2nd half of Jets game they have given up 83 points ( thats with only 12 to Lions--7 was the fumble return)

22 quarters--- if math is right -thats 15 points per 4 quarters

The offense was actually responsible for 9 of the Lions points with the safety as well. Aside of the second half in Miami and some garbage time scores vs. the Vikings and Panthers the defense has really stepped it up since the start of the second half vs. the Jets.

Members online

Latest posts