Official Packers vs Saints thread 2014

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Uhhhh Oh Here comes the WhoDats...

Wazzam Packers fans!

Looking forward to our match this sunday night and wanted to get some insight as to how best attack yall secondary. Like whats yall gameplan to stop our offense? I know our wrs are really bad, and our tight end doesnt help our run game, and were missing our 3rd down tailback. But our offense is still pretty script, not that yall aint, got love for McCarthy did good things in NO. Brees dangerous though and whats yall plan to blitz all day? I know yall used to do that?
Our plan to stop Rodgers is pretty much blitz all day, kill the head and the body will die. Primetime in the dome they play until after the whistle and visiting qbs gotta blow us out cuz if its a close one we will really sick the dogs on you.

But anyway quality **** in here, what yall think about our garabage wideouts? Who u gone key on?
I'm just glad that it was Favre and the Vikes your bountygate D-Fense was going after and not our current team with A-Rod.
That Porter INT was AWESOME and the thing I had been waiting on all season to happen against BrINT.
It's just too bad they had to resort to scum tactics and cheated to do it though.

Last edited:

JustaLilWhoDat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh Colston is NOT a gamebreaker, that dude so slow. Hes actually faster than in 2012 2013, but this year his traditional role as the slot, or tight split end has been scrapped. He now plays split with cooks as the slot, or as the flanker. And hes basically useless that far from Brees. Colston does not get the seam route anymore because his body cant take that kind of abuse anymore. He was go-to there, now he just sneaks by you every once in a while running digs and deep ins. Hes hardly even sure handed.
All the other wrs are terrible too. Cooks too small, he dont know how to run routes. Meachem is the ghost of Meachem, and all he does is block strong. Stills is nice, but again, hes damn small and will not fight for that ball. We got this beast JMorgan who got a torn ACL2k13 and now hes doghoused. Nick Toon of Wisconsin is a softass slowass thief. Dude stealing money from the Saints, he will not step onto the field. Progame is too fast for him.
But even without Pierre we still got GOOD tailbacks and our interior oline is back in shape to running. The idea on offense should be to ground and pound out the iform with our nice fullbacks. If its a johnson at fullback he has good ballskills and can take a dive or get it swung.
What yall talking about yall defense good though? Cuz yall got bad numbers against the run and thats the idea for the Saints.
And yea defense is spot on. We give a 4-2-5 look. Were stacked at safety got a kid from Canada called Ball who played Rover up there. Does it all just a little slow, hard hitter. He basically plays rover in our defense.
Got a mean d-line that stunts like crazy. If any of our looks generates pressure and yall dont adjust, we stick with that and keep touching the qb.

Reaction score
Im part of the send-off party for my step-sister and her Hubby who are moving Houston Tx next weekend due to job relocation. He's originally a native to NO but we watch Packer games together frequently as this is a requirement to be included in our family "circle of trust". This has been the case for about 7 years now.
But this game... I don't trust him

D

Deleted member 6794

Oh Colston is NOT a gamebreaker, that dude so slow. Hes actually faster than in 2012 2013, but this year his traditional role as the slot, or tight split end has been scrapped. He now plays split with cooks as the slot, or as the flanker. And hes basically useless that far from Brees. Colston does not get the seam route anymore because his body cant take that kind of abuse anymore. He was go-to there, now he just sneaks by you every once in a while running digs and deep ins. Hes hardly even sure handed.

Colston actually lines up in the slot more often this year than in any other season.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's amazing isn't it
I'll throw in one more. The Saints used the UW-LaCrosse field to practice in the summer during late 1980s
Interesting. I wonder why they felt the need to go all the way there to use that particular one?

And doesn't one of the other NFL teams have it's training camp in Wisconsin?
I think it might be the KC Chiefs.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
All the other wrs are terrible too. Cooks too small, he dont know how to run routes. Meachem is the ghost of Meachem, and all he does is block strong. Stills is nice, but again, hes damn small and will not fight for that ball. We got this beast JMorgan who got a torn ACL2k13 and now hes doghoused. Nick Toon of Wisconsin is a softass slowass thief. Dude stealing money from the Saints, he will not step onto the field. Progame is too fast for him.
But even without Pierre we still got GOOD tailbacks and our interior oline is back in shape to running. The idea on offense should be to ground and pound out the iform with our nice fullbacks. If its a johnson at fullback he has good ballskills and can take a dive or get it swung.
What yall talking about yall defense good though? Cuz yall got bad numbers against the run and thats the idea for the Saints.
And yea defense is spot on. We give a 4-2-5 look. Were stacked at safety got a kid from Canada called Ball who played Rover up there. Does it all just a little slow, hard hitter. He basically plays rover in our defense.
Got a mean d-line that stunts like crazy. If any of our looks generates pressure and yall dont adjust, we stick with that and keep touching the qb.
Is your defense still resorting to being low life scum?
Is that what it really takes for a team to win the SB? By cheating?
Packers have never cheated. We won all of our 13 championships fair and square.
Taints should have the SB title stripped away and Sean Pay-me-a-ton got off too easy.
Since Bountygate has been found, back to sucking it goes.
Whatever bad things happen to the Taints as far as losses go are well deserved.
Go Pack Go and destroy those A-holes in their own house!

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Interesting. I wonder why they felt the need to go all the way there to use that particular one?

Chiefs no long train at river falls I believe. They used to scrimmage with the vikings just across the border.

Bears had a training camp at platteville at one point too

NOMOFO

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Wisconsin summers were seen as perfect temperature wise. That's why many teams used to train here.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Colston is "mediocre". Saints drooled over Cooks speed and reached on another "small pac-12 receiver" that a lot of don't transition well to the pros because they get pushed around. Smack Graham hard a couple times and he disappears for the day. The best chance the Saints have against us is to run the ball with Ingram. No way they can keep up with us in a shoot out,

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Chiefs no long train at river falls I believe. They used to scrimmage with the vikings just across the border.

Bears had a training camp at platteville at one point too
Good to know.
Thank you!

If Packers, for some odd reason, ever decide to train out of state, that is going to be one heck of a bike ride on a kid's bike! LOL

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
This is going to be a very tough game. If we were at home I would say Packers and I am leaning saints at the moment, will wait and see how shields is coming along before I feel confident in my prediction
Ivo, I have never understood how a fan can say they are leaning for the other team. Even if you have doubts you must ALWAYS, lean toward your team. I know, it's a forum.

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
The current Brady/Wild Bill era of the Patriots will always have an asterisk next to them unless they can win another Super Bowl post bountygate......which is looking more and more doubtful it will happen.
I don't get this statement. They lost in 2008 on the most flukiest of drives. The Second game against the Giants also had an incredible catch and came down to the final drive. I think the whole spygate thing was really overblown. Yes it was a violation but I am still not sold that Bellichick was aware of it. But he kept his mouth shut and took his medicine. That's what a leader does, even if he didn't know it was going on. We had a saying in the Air Force, You can delegate authority but you can't delegate responsibility. There is a reason this team has always been a contender for the last 13 years in spite of always picking at the back of the draft. Superbowl wins in 3 out of 4 years and 5 total appearances. Brady is greatness but it is BB that keeps the engine going. That being said, it doesn't mean I like him.

Last edited:

realcaliforniacheese

A-Rods Boss
Reaction score
Shootout. 45-38 good guys
I hope it's a slugfest. I hope it's a close game but we give the Saint's their first home loss this year. The D show's it is truly top 10. Then again, I wouldn't cry if the D shut Brees down and we blow them out. Could happen, this team is like a snowball rolling downhill.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ivo, I have never understood how a fan can say they are leaning for the other team. Even if you have doubts you must ALWAYS, lean toward your team. I know, it's a forum.

The people at cheeseheadtv are packer fans, but dont always pick the packers. The Saints home record over this year and last speaks for itself.

I guess its the difference between being a realistic fan and a homer.

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Rodgers goes over 3 passing TDs in this game. I bet he gets 5.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
From a saints forum

saintsfannca;5766070 said:
why are people even worried about the packers? I think this is a guaranteed victory. The packers have been very pedestrian this year, and were horrible early on..

They are 25th in total yards offense. 20th in the passing game. and 22nd in the run game. none very impressive for such a "potent" offense. Their defense is improved but not great, they still rank 19th in total yards and allow nearly 400 yds/game. and their run defense is 31st yards allowed per game! I think this is gonna be a HUGE game for ingram. With both other backs hurt, we will finally get to see what it is like to see 1 back get the lion's share of the running duty.

Our offense is still very potent. 2nd in total yards. 2nd in passing. 14 in rushing (including the poor running game at detroits tough D). 4th on 3rd down conversion and 2nd in least sacks allowed.

I'm very confident about this game. The packers are an average team at best. We will still be great on offense. Run ingram a lot! Limit turnovers. Stuff the run like last week and do what you can against the pass. With the dome at our backs and the all blacks unis. We won't lose at home in primetime

Members online

Latest posts