Official Packers vs Lions

Reaction score
I think it will be a great game as all the division ones are but man it feels good to come home.. Looking at numbers from the home games so far this season everyone has got to be able to take a breath and I love our chances to make a comeback statement and fire some more lions staff. I think we will all hear our favorite lambeau touchdown song. Pack 38 Lions 21
Lions stick with them before half then pack pulls away and defense wakes up.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
....Dallas last year

We would've beaten the Cowboys even after they scored if Bryant's catch had been allowed (as I believe it should have). Why? The Cowboys couldn't stop our offense, and we most likely kick the game winning field goal (or TD) as time ran out. Again, it shows the importance of a defense. Our present addition ranks 29th in yds/dr allowed; 22nd in TOP allowed. Not exactly the defense you want at the end of a close game when the other team has the ball. I'm hoping the Capt is correct in a blowout; but very worried.

C-Lee

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We would've beaten the Cowboys even after they scored if Bryant's catch had been allowed (as I believe it should have). Why? The Cowboys couldn't stop our offense, and we most likely kick the game winning field goal (or TD) as time ran out. Again, it shows the importance of a defense. Our present addition ranks 29th in yds/dr allowed; 22nd in TOP allowed. Not exactly the defense you want at the end of a close game when the other team has the ball. I'm hoping the Capt is correct in a blowout; but very worried.
Good points. The defense really needs to figure something out, and I hope they do. We've some glimpses of it this year and we saw glimspes last year. We just need consistency, hopefully during December and January.

D

Deleted member 6794

McCarthy said the Packers will take a different approach with the running game this week and that Starks is the #1 RB entering the game.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good points. The defense really needs to figure something out, and I hope they do. We've some glimpses of it this year and we saw glimspes last year. We just need consistency, hopefully during December and January.

As far as consistency, I believe what we'll end up with is consistently inconsistent.
IMO, the 'glimpses' and 'flashes' are the anomalies, and while they're not as bad as they look at their worst- like on Sunday- I believe that's closer to the truth of this unit than it turning into something special.

D

Deleted member 6794

As far as consistency, I believe what we'll end up with is consistently inconsistent.

There's no doubt the Packers defense is extremely inconsistent. Football Outsiders measures the statistical variance of all defenses weekly performance and not surprisingly the Packers are ranked dead last in the league.

C-Lee

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IMO, the 'glimpses' and 'flashes' are the anomalies, and while they're not as bad as they look at their worst- like on Sunday- I believe that's closer to the truth of this unit than it turning into something special.
If the defense can play at least decent, I'll be happy. We've always been offense dominant, obviously, so I'll take decent.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes, it seems likely we let him go too soon. Sure HOFer.
it does, but then most of us are just seeing highlights, and he's more than a few this year that's for sure. But I remember his last season here, that CW wouldn't be taking anybody's roster spot right now. I doubt even Ha-Ha's. This season is surprising me, but it couldn't happen to a more deserving Pro than Charles Woodson.

D

Deleted member 6794

Bryan Bulaga (knee), Casey Hayward (concussion), Mike Neal (hip) and Damarious Randall (illness) didn't practice today. Eddie Lacy (groin), T.J. Lang (back), Clay Matthews (ankle/knee), Ty Montgomery (ankle), Nick Perry (shoulder/hand), Sam Shields (shoulder) and Josh Sitton (back) were limited participants. Quinten Rollins was a full participant.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We can and should be able to beat these guys by 2 TDs, but I suspect we may have a flat start and have to battle our way a little to victory. Going to say Packers 27 Lions 13.

And man do I ever hope Derek Carr picks the Vikes secondary apart this Sunday.

C-Lee

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We can and should be able to beat these guys by 2 TDs, but I suspect we may have a flat start and have to battle our way a little to victory. Going to say Packers 27 Lions 13.

And man do I ever hope Derek Carr picks the Vikes secondary apart this Sunday.
Raiders looking good this year. Wouldn't be surprised if our game against them is very close.

MichiganSportsTalk

Lions fan for longer than I can remember
Reaction score
Hopefully this is a "Get Well" game for us.

At this point in the season, I'm not expecting much from the Lions. If they finally somehow find a way to win at Lambeau, that would be great by me, and much rejoicing would be had.

Realistically though, I want the Packers to do well and run away with the division because I'm sick of listening to Vikings fans. It's gotten to the point where I want the Bears to start doing well so they finish better than Minnesota.

And if the Lions only win one or two more (or none), I'm ok with that too. After the season, fire everyone, get a GM worth a damn, have a good draft and let's at least look like a professional football team in 2016.

I just hope Stafford doesn't get murdered behind the O-Line during the rest of this season because he really is a good QB when he has time to operate, and the Lions are going to need him for a few more years.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
At this point in the season, I'm not expecting much from the Lions. If they finally somehow find a way to win at Lambeau, that would be great by me, and much rejoicing would be had.

Realistically though, I want the Packers to do well and run away with the division because I'm sick of listening to Vikings fans. It's gotten to the point where I want the Bears to start doing well so they finish better than Minnesota.

And if the Lions only win one or two more (or none), I'm ok with that too. After the season, fire everyone, get a GM worth a damn, have a good draft and let's at least look like a professional football team in 2016.

I just hope Stafford doesn't get murdered behind the O-Line during the rest of this season because he really is a good QB when he has time to operate, and the Lions are going to need him for a few more years.

Yeah it's just beyond me how a team can go from 11-5 to looking like this in one year, thought those days would be over when Jim Schwartz was canned. I just gotta wonder if the whole mess isn't just simply starting and ending with the Fords, they just really don't seem to know how to run a football team.

Members online

Latest posts