Official Packers vs Eagles

Reaction score
imHo, Philly does not have the excuse that our backup is playing - Sanchez is a better QB than Foles right now. I truly believe that. in the know folks around the Eagles have been leaking that a lot of people thought Sanchez won the starter spot in preseason, but given Foles 2013 success he was given the job.
Isnt Bostick out?
Yeah. It looks like its a hip injury. Which is odd because I recall him scoring a TD without incident. I guess they liked the song idea.. " it's hip to be cool". So Bostick has been icing it. Sorry I had to go there...( ;
I remember Sanchez very well from NY. He's kinda Romo ish. He's good until he chokes. ( ; If we get pressure on him and get him scrambling hell need yards on the ground because our DB's should get a pick or 2. It'll be a game until 4th qtr but the edge goes to GB a score because like most we play more consistent at home. Oh good luck and may the best team win.

Last edited:
H

HardRightEdge

I think any team that plays and beats Carolina looks good right now. I could beat them by myself with one hand behind my back.
CAR gave up 4 turnovers in the first half (including a pick 6) along with a punt return TD against PHI. They had given the game away by halftime. They're a team heading south..12.5 points per game in their last 4, including 2 TDs in garbage time against PHI.

D

Deleted member 6794

who knows - 7 quarters against iffy teams is not enough to be confident of anything...but...he has the talent to go 5th over all. he is now in a great system. I 'think' he is the real deal.

Having been the fifth pick in 2009 doesn't mean anything right now (there have been several QB budts being taken in the top 5). There's enough tape on Sanchez proving he's not the real deal, playing in a new system doesn't let his shortcomings disappear.

Title Town USA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers have lost one of the common games with the Lions vs. the Saints. Aside of the Packers winning out there's no guarantee the Packers would win the tie-breaker vs. the Lions.
Same goes for the Lions. I like the Packer's schedule much better than the Lions. Not to mention Detroit has lost two games to common opponents already, and Green Bay only one.

eaglesrule

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sanchez won some big playoff games on the road in NY without folding...I have to think he faced some adversity there and got past it. Sanchez gets such a bum rap (pardon the pun) based off of his days in NY when his surrounding cast was putrid.

D

Deleted member 6794

Sanchez won some big playoff games on the road in NY without folding...I have to think he faced some adversity there and got past it. Sanchez gets such a bum rap (pardon the pun) based off of his days in NY when his surrounding cast was putrid.

While Sanchez playoff numbers are better than his regular season stats I would argue the defense was mostly responsible for the Jets playoff wins.

H

HardRightEdge

Sanchez's stat lines in the playoffs are as follows (Result, Completions - Attempts, TDs, INTs, QB Rating)

2009:

W 24-14 , 12-15, 182, 1, 0, 139.4
W 17-14, 12-23, 100, 1, 1, 60.1
L 30-17, 17-30, 257, 2, 1, 93.3

2010:

W 17-16, 18-31, 189, 0, 1, 62.4
W 28-21, 16-24, 194, 3, 0, 127.3
L 24-19, 20-33, 233, 2, 0, 102.2

Sanchez did not throw for 200 yds. in his 4 playoff wins or make more than 24 attempts in 3 of those 4 wins. In those wins the opponents were held to 14, 14, 16 and 21 points. 2 of the 4 wins were fairly dismal Sanchez performances.

He game managed his way to wins behind an outstanding defense on his best days; the defense won it for him on his worst days. I suppose Capers could craft a game plan that involved Philly running for 250 yds...that might get it done for Sanchez.

Barring a Philly ground fest, I don't think the Philly D is good enough to hide him against the Packers. I prefer seeing Sanchez over Foles, by some margin.

Last edited by a moderator:

eaglesrule

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Having been the fifth pick in 2009 doesn't mean anything right now (there have been several QB budts being taken in the top 5). There's enough tape on Sanchez proving he's not the real deal, playing in a new system doesn't let his shortcomings disappear.
i cant disagree more. The system can have a dramatic influence on the performance of any given player. just imo.

eaglesrule

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sanchez's stat lines in the playoffs are as follows (Result, Completions - Attempts, TDs, INTs, QB Rating)

2009:

W 24-14 , 12-15, 182, 1, 0, 139.4
W 17-14, 12-23, 100, 1, 1, 60.1
L 30-17, 17-30, 257, 2, 1, 93.3

2010:

W 17-16, 18-31, 189, 0, 1, 62.4
W 28-21, 16-24, 194, 3, 0, 127.3
L 24-19, 20-33, 233, 2, 0, 102.2

Sanchez did not throw for 200 yds. in his 4 playoff wins or make more than 24 attempts in 3 of those 4 wins. In those wins the opponents were held to 14, 14, 16 and 21 points. 2 of the 4 wins were fairly dismal Sanchez performances.

He game managed his way to wins behind an outstanding defense on his best days; the defense won it for him on his worst days. I suppose Capers could craft a game plan that involved Philly running for 250 yds...that might get it done for Sanchez.

Barring a Philly ground fest, I don't think the Philly D is good enough to hide him against the Packers. I prefer seeing Sanchez over Foles, by some margin.
Your option- but I think you are comparing Jets Sanchez to 2013 Foles. If you think Foles is a good QB hen you just havent been watching him this year. I've seen every snap and he was putrid....he was bailing out, throwing off the back foot over and over. Maybe he was playing hurt, maybe playing scared, but consistently playing awful.

D

Deleted member 6794

i cant disagree more. The system can have a dramatic influence on the performance of any given player. just imo.

I tend to agree in most cases but QBs are different. After taking a closer look at Sanchez's seven quarters with the Eagles I'm convinced he's still the same guy he was with the Jets. For example take a look at the second interception vs. the Texans. There's no way he should have thrown that ball in Cooper's direction. In addition his completion rate vs. a terrible Panthers defense without any pass rush was at only 54.1%. The only thing he hasn't done with the Eagles is a butt-fumble.

BTW did anyone realize that Jumal Rolle (who Thompson tried to hide on the practice squad instead of Goodson) had both Texans INTs of Sanchez???

Mklangelo

Feng Shui Debunker
Reaction score
Well, for Green Bay's sake, let's just hope and pray that Markey Mark isn't wearing her lucky barrette.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
I tend to agree in most cases but QBs are different. After taking a closer look at Sanchez's seven quarters with the Eagles I'm convinced he's still the same guy he was with the Jets. For example take a look at the second interception vs. the Texans. There's no way he should have thrown that ball in Cooper's direction. In addition his completion rate vs. a terrible Panthers defense without any pass rush was at only 54.1%. The only thing he hasn't done with the Eagles is a butt-fumble.

BTW did anyone realize that Jumal Rolle (who Thompson tried to hide on the practice squad instead of Goodson) had both Texans INTs of Sanchez???

I saw that and I am still upset Goodson is on the team while Rolle is gone.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
another game where we dominated on defense but someone will look at the yards and complain

H

HardRightEdge

another game where we dominated on defense but someone will look at the yards and complain
Playing defense gets a lot easier when you jump out to a 10 point lead against a guy like Mark Sanchez.

The D looks more energized with Matthews in the middle, but given that's been against Cutler and Sanchez, playing from big early holes no less, I'd have to say the book is still open.

We'll see what Nov. 30 brings.

Reaction score
The Packers have lost one of the common games with the Lions vs. the Saints. Aside of the Packers winning out there's no guarantee the Packers would win the tie-breaker vs. the Lions.
I have common opponents at 4-1 each.
Miami, Saints, Vikes, Jets and Carolina. Were both 4- 1. GB lost to Saints. Detroit Lost to Carolina. Next is Conference record which Detroit is 6-2 and GB is at 5-3. If the season ended today in a tie Detroit would win the division. However. We have common opponents coming up.. Matter of fact EVERY game we finish with is a common opponent with Detroit which is an anomaly of sorts. and then add to that we play Detroit week 17. This is a tight race. Both teams results against the Pats this month may hold the key..but our advantage is we play Pats at home while Detroit goes to Foxboro. We also need week 17 win to even the series... Its a cluster
But ultimately if we win out... there is nothing to stop us now that were tied except ourselves. Go pack go

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
I have common opponents at 4-1 each.
Miami, Saints, Vikes, Jets and Carolina. Were both 4- 1. GB lost to Saints. Detroit Lost to Carolina. Next is Conference record which Detroit is 6-2 and GB is at 5-3. If the season ended today in a tie Detroit would win the division. However. We have common opponents coming up.. Matter of fact EVERY game we finish with is a common opponent with Detroit which is an anomaly of sorts. and then add to that we play Detroit week 17. This is a tight race. Both teams results against the Pats this month may hold the key..but our advantage is we play Pats at home while Detroit goes to Foxboro. We also need week 17 win to even the series... Its a cluster
But ultimately if we win out... there is nothing to stop us now that were tied except ourselves. Go pack go
Somebody posted somewheres last week that if Det only lost week 17 and GB won out, we'd have at worst the #2 seed.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Playing defense gets a lot easier when you jump out to a 10 point lead against a guy like Mark Sanchez.

The D looks more energized with Matthews in the middle, but given that's been against Cutler and Sanchez, playing from big early holes no less, I'd have to say the book is still open.

We'll see what Nov. 30 brings.

If we beat the best team in football would you complain it was only against drew stanton? Just curious

Reaction score
Somebody posted somewheres last week that if Det only lost week 17 and GB won out, we'd have at worst the #2 seed.
Hmmm.
I have that coming down to 4th tie breaking rule. strength of victory. One wouldn't know that answer yet..unless their psychic. Correction. 5th tie breaker. We'd be even in record so. Division record same. Head to head same. Common games same. Conference record same. strength of Victory is next.. Let's win out though Poppa that's too stressful, we get enough of that regular season. Lol

Last edited:
H

HardRightEdge

If we beat the best team in football would you complain it was only against drew stanton? Just curious
First of all, while Arizona is a good team with the best record to date, I would not necessarily call them the "best team in football". That remains to be seen. I will say they were my preseason dark horse pick to win the West, though the way those teams are capable of beating up on each other I'd not say it's not a foregone conclusion.

As for "complaining", I don't think I'd call it that. I'd characterize it more as observing the bad along with the good.

As far as the Arizona QB is concerned, I seem to recall referring to him several weeks back as Drew "Fricking" Stanton. Arizona's record is a testament to their defense. As far as what "complaining", as you call it, I might or might not do with respect to Arizona, we'll need to see the game first, if there is such a game.

I believe I have a record of very infrequently nit-picking players with a record of playing outstanding football.

Perhaps you should address your question to those who complained about some early-season Rodgers inaccuracies, an exaggerated complaint in my opinion. Or the "complaints" about Matthews not getting sacks. Or Lacy for not getting yards. Or the guys who questioned the Peppers signing because he'd lost his motor. Were you not one of those "complainers"?

H

HardRightEdge

I'm not convinced they're the best team in football.
Well, they've got a lot of quality wins under their belt...5 W's against teams currently 6-4 or better, plus a win against a tough Rams team. Philly and Dallas, on the other hand, have only one win each against winning teams. The Packers have 2 (Philly and Miami) as does Detroit.

However, Drew Stanton taking them deep in the playoffs is a dubious proposition. While it is possible, it is unlikely.

They still have to play Seattle twice, SF once, KC, a tough Rams team, and an Atlanta team that's now playing for something. I'd be surprised, though not shocked, if they fail to win the West. That's how little I think of Stanton and how much I think of their upcoming competition.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
First of all, while Arizona is a good team with the best record to date, I would not necessarily call them the "best team in football". That remains to be seen. I will say they were my preseason dark horse pick to win the West, though the way those teams are capable of beating up on each other I'd not say it's not a foregone conclusion.

As for "complaining", I don't think I'd call it that. I'd characterize it more as observing the bad along with the good.

As far as the Arizona QB is concerned, I seem to recall referring to him several weeks back as Drew "Fricking" Stanton. Arizona's record is a testament to their defense. As far as what "complaining", as you call it, I might or might not do with respect to Arizona, we'll need to see the game first, if there is such a game.

I believe I have a record of very infrequently nit-picking players with a record of playing outstanding football.

Perhaps you should address your question to those who complained about some early-season Rodgers inaccuracies, an exaggerated complaint in my opinion. Or the "complaints" about Matthews not getting sacks. Or Lacy for not getting yards. Or the guys who questioned the Peppers signing because he'd lost his motor. Were you not one of those "complainers"?

So you would or wouldnt say "well its only Drew Stanton" if we beat the team with the best record in football? Im not clear on your answer, which for several paragraphs you would think it would be....

As far as you redirecting this towards me I didnt have an issue with matthews not getting sacks, I had an issue with the highest paid player on defense being MIA for whole games. Wasnt a fan of the peppers signing. Lacy im not sure what I said at the time.

Anything else off topic you would like to discuss to draw away from my original comment?

Members online

Latest posts