Official Packers vs Eagles

Dagger85

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think Sanchez has been tested yet. We saw first hand how the Panthers defense plays and it isn't anything to get too excited over. The Lambeau crowd will be rocking on Sunday. I think we can rattle Sanchez.

Also, I am looking at stats from the game with Philly/Carolina. Between Sproles and Polk, they rushed for 30 yards combined. If they don't get a run game going and all the pressure is on Sanchez on the road, then this game could be great for us.

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
well, if this season is an indicator, Capers will put Brad Jones back inside and voila! over 200 yards rushing. Please remember to put Peppers in as a TE in the red zone, and attempt a 2nd quarter onside kick down 10 points.

In all seriousness, I see this game being dependent on our D: if Matthews reads and reacts again, McCoy will slow way down. You got to blitz Sanchez, he is such an overconfident flash in a pan. Carolina's D sat back and let him pick them apart.

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
Got the news that the Packers will be wearing their throwbacks, we haven't lost a game yet in them. :)
If we can stop the deep ball and the run I think we can win it. When I think of the Eagles I think of them going deep or running it down our throats.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bummer!
I see that Aikman and Buck will be calling this game.
I liked those two other guys (Don't know their names) who had the call earlier for Faux Sports.
Is there a way to sync up the radio with the TV?

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bummer!
I see that Aikman and Buck will be calling this game.
I liked those two other guys (Don't know their names) who had the call earlier for Faux Sports.
Is there a way to sync up the radio with the TV?

I sync it up every game. One dollar program for Macs called Batcrack. Plug in a radio to the computer, set the delay time, and done. Don't know if it's on Windows computers also, but if not I bet there are other programs that do the same.

Or if you have a DVR, pause it for a few seconds.

Packerlifer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I sync it up every game. One dollar program for Macs called Batcrack. Plug in a radio to the computer, set the delay time, and done. Don't know if it's on Windows computers also, but if not I bet there are other programs that do the same.

Or just dial down the volume on the tv and turn up the radio, if they're in proximity to one another. I listen to the Packers play-by-play every game that way with Larry McCarren and Wayne Larrivee. There's a bit of a delay between the radio call and what the tv shows but having a second or so advance notice of what's happening does help one look at the play better, I think.

Packerlifer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers and Eagles are a statistical dead heat in almost every category. But there is one area where the Packers hold a big edge and it may decide the outcome of this game.

The Packers are third in the league in turnover differential at plus 10 while Philadelphia is tied for 24th with Chicago and St.Louis at minus 5.

The Eagles have turned the ball over 21 times this season - 12 ints., 9 fumbles- while the Packers defense has made 19- 14 ints., 5 fumbles.

The Packers are famous for protecting the ball. Only 4 ints. and 4 fumbles for a total of 8 turnovers. Philadelphia's defense hasn't come up with so many: 7 ints., 9 fumbles for 16 turnovers.

D

Deleted member 6794

IMO containing their special teams will be a huge factor in this game.

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Or just dial down the volume on the tv and turn up the radio, if they're in proximity to one another. I listen to the Packers play-by-play every game that way with Larry McCarren and Wayne Larrivee. There's a bit of a delay between the radio call and what the tv shows but having a second or so advance notice of what's happening does help one look at the play better, I think.

I've tried that too, but didn't like hearing the the radio call before the TV.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
Here's McGinn's analysis of the Eagles: http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/packers-next-opponent-eagles-b99388678z1-282367961.html
He writes when Kelly took over the Eagles, they were 28th in the annual Dallas Morning News' STs rankings. They finished 18th last season and are #1 so far this season. Kelly made it a huge emphasis and it's paid off for them. The Packers are going to have be more on their "STs toes" than they've been all season.

The Eagles may emphasize the no-huddle, hurry up offense even more than the Packers so the versatility of the Packers' defenders will be important. They have a lot of weapons, I hope Sanchez throws a couple to the Packers ... and they catch 'em.
As you indicate in the post above, the radio broadcast is ahead of the TV broadcast, pausing the DVR will just increase the delay between the radio and TV broadcast.

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here's McGinn's analysis of the Eagles: http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/packers-next-opponent-eagles-b99388678z1-282367961.html
He writes when Kelly took over the Eagles, they were 28th in the annual Dallas Morning News' STs rankings. They finished 18th last season and are #1 so far this season. Kelly made it a huge emphasis and it's paid off for them. The Packers are going to have be more on their "STs toes" than they've been all season.

The Eagles may emphasize the no-huddle, hurry up offense even more than the Packers so the versatility of the Packers' defenders will be important. They have a lot of weapons, I hope Sanchez throws a couple to the Packers ... and they catch 'em. As you indicate in the post above, the radio broadcast is ahead of the TV broadcast, pausing the DVR will just increase the delay between the radio and TV broadcast.

Opps. You're right. I know it's ahead, hence the delay program. My bad.

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I watch most games on NFL Gamepass. They have an option for the local feed of either team and it's usually no more than a second out of sync.

rondon57

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Really? Because last time I checked it's one of, if not the, worst city to live in and is really run down!

(J/K. Just razzing on you because I know you mean the team and not the city. :D)
Lol,yeah I meant the team, that city is in shambles,the Lions are called the Pride of Detroit,they are the only thing left for that city to feel good about. SAD.

rondon57

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Really? Because last time I checked it's one of, if not the, worst city to live in and is really run down!

(J/K. Just razzing on you because I know you mean the team and not the city. :D)
I wouldn't want to live there,parts of it look like those post Apoctalyptic shows on t.v.

Last edited:

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Keys to winning:

Get pressure on Sanchez and he will force ball.

Don't kick to Sproles in open field.

Contain McCoy

On offense strike first blood and no stupid turnovers. This is a huge huge game and a game we should win. I like how our secondary matches up on there receivers. I believe we will be able to run the ball on them too.

Packerlover

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pack 31 Eagles 24

Rodgers 22 for 28 for 300 yards 3 td's
Nelson 8 receptions for 125 yards 1td
Cobb 5 receptions for 85 yards 2 td's
Matthews/Peppers 4 sacks and a forced fumble!!

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
The panthers have displayed ZERO pass rush since greg hardys suspension. Any NFL QB can look decent or better when facing no rush and a suspect set a DBs. The panthers have no O line either. This game is a home game, Arod is on FIRE, our D has new life breathed into it, and Ol ************* will a tually have to face pressure. Yes, eagles do have weapons, but ours match up to theirs nicely. Both teams put points up, but with the way we are clicking we will put up more than they can play catch up to. Another bold win for the packers of green bay.

Packers 41

Beagles 27

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wouldn't want to live there,parts of it look like those post Apoctalyptic shows on t.v.
I love this clip.
(Ignore the Spanish subtitles. It's the best one I could find. Just pay close attention to the visuals on the news video.)

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

rondon57

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I love this clip.
(Ignore the Spanish subtitles. It's the best one I could find. Just pay close attention to the visuals on the news video.)

You must be logged in to see this image or video!
LMAO,I was there last summer, a friend of mine has relatives in Michigan and for fun he took us to Detroit and I swear there are weeds growing out in the streets,I couldn't believe a city in this country could get that way,was glad to get the hell outta there.I don't know if any of you remember Kentucky Fried Movie,released in 1977 but one of the skits was referencing that instead of torturing one of their prisoners they take him to Detroit.

Last edited:

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
LMAO,I was there last summer, a friend of mine has relatives in Michigan and for fun he took us to Detroit and I swear there are weeds growing out in the streets,I couldn't believe a city in this country could get that way,was glad to get the hell outta there.I don't know if any of you remember Kentucky Fried Movie,released in 1977 but one of the skits kept referencing that instead of torturing their prisoners they would take them to Detroit.
I have to check the attic next to my Favre jersey, but I think I own that movie. I KNOW I did last spring but it may have been rummaged off.

rondon57

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have to check the attic next to my Favre jersey, but I think I own that movie. I KNOW I did last spring but it may have been rummaged off.
It is on You Tube, just type in Take him to Detroit to see that part of the skit in the movie,my friends and I laughed our a##es off when we saw it in the theater in 77

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
LMAO,I was there last summer, a friend of mine has relatives in Michigan and for fun he took us to Detroit and I swear there are weeds growing out in the streets,I couldn't believe a city in this country could get that way,was glad to get the hell outta there.I don't know if any of you remember Kentucky Fried Movie,released in 1977 but one of the skits was referencing that instead of torturing one of their prisoners they take him to Detroit.

Are you aware of the connection between Wisconsin and KFM?
The guys behind that one, David Zucker, Jim Abrahams, and Jerry Zucker, as well as other comedy classics such as Airplane!, Police Squad/Naked Gun and the underrated Top Secret!, are from Wisconsin.
They went to the UW in Madison and even had a live comedy skit show called Kentucky Fried Theatre while they were in college.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It is on You Tube, just type in Take him to Detroit to see that part of the skit in the movie,my friends and I laughed our a##es off when we saw it in the theater in 77
Thanx for that!

The one I remember the most though is Rex Kramer Danger Seeker and just leave it at that.
If anyone looks it up, you'll see what I mean.
I don't dare post a link to it!

Members online

Latest posts