Official Packers vs Eagles

thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Expect Clay back outside this week with Shady being more of an edge runner?

Glad we get to face Sanchez instead of Foles. Just sucks Detroit is facing Stanton instead of Palmer :unsure:

rodell330

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Glad we get to face Sanchez instead of Foles. Just sucks Detroit is facing Stanton instead of Palmer :unsure:

Doesn't mean it'll be a easy win for us or Detroit. We just need to to take care of business against Sanchez who's been a starter for a number of games so defense is going to have to show up again. I think Matthews will continue to play in the middle. If it ain't broke don't fix it...if Philly exposes something then you go back...but we need any advantage we can get for this defense.

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
Doesn't mean it'll be a easy win for us or Detroit. We just need to to take care of business against Sanchez who's been a starter for a number of games so defense is going to have to show up again. I think Matthews will continue to play in the middle. If it ain't broke don't fix it...if Philly exposes something then you go back...but we need any advantage we can get for this defense.

Agreed. Leave Matthews in the middle to see what he can do against another team. Not sure that the Bears were a good measure. But, he had something like nine solo tackles last night, which is like an entire season of Brad Jones' production, no? So, it's worth extending the experiment a bit longer.

Also, I like how this gives Matthews the ability to effectively chase the ball carrier, no matter if it's to the left, right, or up the middle. As an OLB, teams often ran away from him or around him (while he was intent on getting the QB). Now, he is centrally positioned and his highest priority is shedding blocks (he is good at this) and tackling (also, good).

Could be a brilliant move by Capers. Time will tell.

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I also say keep Matthews primarily inside. Part of the reasoning for putting him there was to get Perry on the field more, who happens to be very good at containing the edge. Matthews can play sideline to sideline from the inside. It also allows him to operate in space and use his speed more.

Dagger85

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sanchez looked good against the Panthers tonight, but they gave him every opportunity to do so with several turnovers. I think us defeating the Bears the way we did has made us a very confident team. While the Eagles are a tough opponent, I think home field advantage helps give us an edge and last I checked, their defense wasn't the best in the league, so hopefully Rodgers can throw the ball down the field. One of the keys will be stopping Sproles, but if Matthews plays as well at ILB as he did Sunday night, that will be a huge help. Eagles will make plays, but I think we make more at home.

Eagles: 24
Packers 30

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sanchez looked good against the Panthers tonight, but they gave him every opportunity to do so with several turnovers. I think us defeating the Bears the way we did has made us a very confident team. While the Eagles are a tough opponent, I think home field advantage helps give us an edge and last I checked, their defense wasn't the best in the league, so hopefully Rodgers can throw the ball down the field. One of the keys will be stopping Sproles, but if Matthews plays as well at ILB as he did Sunday night, that will be a huge help. Eagles will make plays, but I think we make more at home.

Eagles: 24
Packers 30
Both teams are coming off of big home wins in the same week and prime time games also against the same opponent that both teams beat also at home.
(How is that for a lot of coincidences for the opposing teams that will meet this Sunnyday?)

Dagger: I think your score prediction is a good one. I would rather it be a higher scoring or a blow out game by the Pack but I agree that it could be close and that our team will win with our better offense at Curly's House.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I also say keep Matthews primarily inside. Part of the reasoning for putting him there was to get Perry on the field more, who happens to be very good at containing the edge. Matthews can play sideline to sideline from the inside. It also allows him to operate in space and use his speed more.
OK this is something we can agree on.
Where CM is now playing.

Dagger85

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Both teams are coming off of big home wins in the same week and prime time games also against the same opponent that both teams beat also at home.
(How is that for a lot of coincidences for the opposing teams that will meet this Sunnyday?)

Dagger: I think your score prediction is a good one. I would rather it be a higher scoring or a blow out game by the Pack but I agree that it could be close and that our team will win with our better offense at Curly's House.

I would love to win by more and I think we can. But, they are going to make some plays. I'm hoping that score isn't as close as it seems. Maybe we are winning by 13 and they score 7 at the end and fail to get the onside kick. However, if that happens it'll likely be much higher scoring.

Last edited:

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There are Chip Kelly to Florida rumors starting up................One has to wonder if that creates some drama there for the Eagles.

searmh

Cheesehead
Reaction score
sanchez was good last night but the defence can be burnt by vertical routes and have given up quite a few deep passes. That has to play into our hands. Be great to see how we handle the run.

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Iggles are on top of the NFC and looking good. If this was in Philadelphia I'd give the edge to the Iggles, but since this will be in Lambeau I'll pick the Packers in this one.

McCoy and Sproles will give this Packer defense fits however.

Packers 31
Eagles 27

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score
Don,t care what the score is so long as it it's a WIN for the Packers, but would love to see corner getting more physical with receivers for 5yds, and AJ Hawk getting more tackles and a sack or 3, no more K O returns....

Packerlifer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It was a just about the same point in the season a year ago when Philly came to Green Bay. The Packers were just beginning to face life without Aaron Rodgers for two months and Seneca Wallace made his first start; only to get knocked out by injury for the year early. Scott Tolzein was thrust in as the third qb for the Pack in the season to date.

The Eagles racked up 415 yds. of offense, 204 rushing yds. and left town with a 27-13 win. They used the big play to score td's on plays covering 55, 45 and 32 yds. Riley Cooper had a nice day; catching 2 td passes and totaling 102 yds. on only 3 receptions.

Shady McCoy enabled the Eagles to run ball control, gaining 155 yds on the ground. In the most galling part of the game Philly held the ball for the final 9:32 of the 4th quarter to give the Packers no chance of a comeback.

The Packers' offense didn't fare badly, despite the upheaval at quarterback. They managed to generate 396 yds. offensively themselves. Tolzein passed for 280 yds and Eddie Lacy nearly reached 100 yds. rushing. But they couldn't translate those yards into points. Two interceptions in Eagles territory and two missed field goals by Mason Crosby were part of at least 30 points in that game that the Packers left on the field.

With Aaron Rodgers running the O the Packers aren't likely to make that many mistakes or leave so many points on the field this time. This time it's the Eagles who will be without their starting qb. We should get the result this time we were expecting last year against this opponent.

Last edited:

red4tribe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This game is crucial. Should we not win the division, a tiebreaker with the Eagles could be huge in getting a wild card spot. Same thing even if we win the division, it could determine if we get a bye or not.

packerfan4ever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think we win we have very goof corners safeties, they keep C.M. in the middle to help with the run Sánchez will show why New York let him go. Our o-line will play well pack 45-egals 17

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
According to McGinn, Clay played inside about 80% of the snaps with the rest at ROLB. That kind of mix makes sense to me. Here's a line from his game review about Matthews: "He's bigger, stronger, quicker, meaner and tougher than Sam Barrington, Brad Jones and Jamari Lattimore." I don't think anyone can question that and since Perry (and Neal) are more valuable on the field than Barrington, Jones, and Lattimore, when Clay is inside not only does he upgrade that position but Perry sets the edge against the run as well as, or better, than Clay.

Link to McGinn's rating the Packers column:
http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/rating-the-packers-vs-bears-b99387933z1-282239421.html

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It was a just about the same point in the season a year ago when Philly came to Green Bay. The Packers were just beginning to face life without Aaron Rodgers for two months and Seneca Wallace made his first start; only to get knocked out by injury for the year early. Scott Tolzein was thrust in as the third qb for the Pack in the season to date.

The Eagles racked up 415 yds. of offense, 204 rushing yds. and left town with a 27-13 win. They used the big play to score td's on plays covering 55, 45 and 32 yds. Riley Cooper had a nice day; catching 2 td passes and totaling 102 yds. on only 3 receptions.

Shady McCoy enabled the Eagles to run ball control, gaining 155 yds on the ground. In the most galling part of the game Philly held the ball for the final 9:32 of the 4th quarter to give the Packers no chance of a comeback.

The Packers' offense didn't fare badly, despite the upheaval at quarterback. They managed to generate 396 yds. offensively themselves. Tolzein passed for 280 yds and Eddie Lacy nearly reached 100 yds. rushing. But they couldn't translate those yards into points. Two interceptions in Eagles territory and two missed field goals by Mason Crosby were part of at least 30 points in that game that the Packers left on the field.

With Aaron Rodgers running the O the Packers aren't likely to make that many mistakes or leave so many points on the field this time. This time it's the Eagles who will be without their starting qb. We should get the result this time we were expecting last year against this opponent.

There was also a failed 4th down conversion in Eagles territory and one of the picks was returned from the end zone all the way to Packers territory. I agree that leaving points on the board was huge last year.

rondon57

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Detroit just keeps having the best luck!

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Detroit just keeps having the best luck!
Really? Because last time I checked it's one of, if not the, worst city to live in and is really run down!

(J/K. Just razzing on you because I know you mean the team and not the city. :D)

Members online

Latest posts