Official Packers vs Eagles

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
Maybe we just have everything coming together at the right time. Putting bias aside which is hard to do I would put my money on Pack over anybody at Lambeau right now. Is it possible they could get beat? Of course the answer is yes but it's not probable right now. I don't care who the QB is on the other team.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I really think the defense deserves praise for not letting the lightning bug and Shady turn it into a track meet. Im sure I wasnt the only one nervous about the fast philly offense we heard about.

brandon2348

GO PACK GO!
Reaction score
I really think the defense deserves praise for not letting the lightning bug and Shady turn it into a track meet. Im sure I wasnt the only one nervous about the fast philly offense we heard about.

I was very very nervous about it and the D deserves major praise. I believed we would win but was concerned how close it was going to be.

We slowed down a 45 point a game offense and once again created turnovers. The whole key is getting off to a fast start.

GoPGo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, they've got a lot of quality wins under their belt...5 W's against teams currently 6-4 or better, plus a win against a tough Rams team. Philly and Dallas, on the other hand, have only one win each against winning teams. The Packers have 2 (Philly and Miami) as does Detroit.

However, Drew Stanton taking them deep in the playoffs is a dubious proposition. While it is possible, it is unlikely.

They still have to play Seattle twice, SF once, KC, a tough Rams team, and an Atlanta team that's now playing for something. I'd be surprised, though not shocked, if they fail to win the West. That's how little I think of Stanton and how much I think of their upcoming competition.
I think our chances of winning out are fairly high. I see 2-3 losses down the road for Arizona and a couple more for Detroit. We do not, at this point, control our destiny for HFA, but I think by mid-December we will.

H

HardRightEdge

So you would or wouldnt say "well its only Drew Stanton" if we beat the team with the best record in football? Im not clear on your answer, which for several paragraphs you would think it would be....

As far as you redirecting this towards me I didnt have an issue with matthews not getting sacks, I had an issue with the highest paid player on defense being MIA for whole games. Wasnt a fan of the peppers signing. Lacy im not sure what I said at the time.

Anything else off topic you would like to discuss to draw away from my original comment?
I couldn't be any clearer. Judging a game that has not been played is a fools errand. The rest of your answer speaks for itself.

NOMOFO

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Exactly right and that should really be all the talk from Packerland this morning. Kudos to the defense.

All this talk about who is beating good teams and who isn't and quality wins etc etc etc...is just say nothing garble in this years NFL.

What about the Rams that got annihilated by the mighty Viqueens, yet have wins against the Seahags, Niners and Broncos? Are we supposed to believe they're better than the Packers?

Mklangelo

Feng Shui Debunker
Reaction score
Exactly right and that should really be all the talk from Packerland this morning. Kudos to the defense.

All this talk about who is beating good teams and who isn't and quality wins etc etc etc...is just say nothing garble in this years NFL.

What about the Rams that got annihilated by the mighty Viqueens, yet have wins against the Seahags, Niners and Broncos? Are we supposed to believe they're better than the Packers?

wow. You can't possibly be saying that beating the Jacksonville Jags and the Arizona Cardinals is not two vastly different type of win. That factoring in how good the competition is garble?

Please tell me that's not what you mean.

The Packers finally beat a quality opponent and played well on both sides of the ball.

I'm feeling much better about that one win than I would about beating the Bears 10 times.

NOMOFO

Cheesehead
Reaction score
wow. You can't possibly be saying that beating the Jacksonville Jags and the Arizona Cardinals is not two vastly different type of win. That factoring in how good the competition is garble?

Please tell me that's not what you mean.

The Packers finally beat a quality opponent and played well on both sides of the ball.

I'm feeling much better about that one win than I would about beating the Bears 10 times.

enough has been said about the subject of "quality wins". you feel free to spin yourself in circles over that. have at it.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
I liked this from the jsonline story about the Packers:
The precision of the offense, operating without injury and given free rein by McCarthy, was a sight to behold. The Packers don't punt. They almost never are penalized. The quarterback leads and his teammates follow. From the pass protection (one sack, one or two knockdowns) to catching (one or two drops) to the rushing attack (110 yards, 4.4 average), Green Bay could hardly have been more dominating.
http://www.jsonline.com/sports/packers/282869951.html

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Hmmm.
I have that coming down to 4th tie breaking rule. strength of victory. One wouldn't know that answer yet..unless their psychic. Correction. 5th tie breaker. We'd be even in record so. Division record same. Head to head same. Common games same. Conference record same. strength of Victory is next.. Let's win out though Poppa that's too stressful, we get enough of that regular season. Lol
It's a moot point now but in that scenario, two of the Lions losses would have been to common opponents while only one of Green Bays were. Tossing out head-head it was Bills & Panthers as opposed to 'hawks & 'aints.
Of course now we're dead even with a 6 game sprint to the wire. I am not sure where Dallas and Philly fit for the #2 seed yet.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As for "complaining", I don't think I'd call it that. I'd characterize it more as observing the bad along with the good.
Absolutely. The Packers left little to complain about in the last 4 games. If these performances represent the quality of play on both sides of the ball that they are capable of, then games like Seattle, New Orleans, Detroit, and the first win against the Bears are reason to complain about the level of play.

Those of us old enough remember the criticism Lombardi would lay on his players even after wins. And it was because of his drive for perfection, that inevitably led to winning. "No one is perfect," he advised the players. "But boys, making the effort to be perfect...is what life is all about...If you'll not settle for anything less than the best, you will be amazed at what you can do with your lives." "Vince" by Michael O'Brien, page 242.

It seemed to work for Lombardi.

NOMOFO

Cheesehead
Reaction score
H

HardRightEdge

"No one is perfect," [Lombardi] advised the players. "But boys, making the effort to be perfect...is what life is all about...If you'll not settle for anything less than the best, you will be amazed at what you can do with your lives." "Vince" by Michael O'Brien, page 242.

It seemed to work for Lombardi.
That would be my thinking. Voltaire said, "Perfect is the enemy of good," however Voltaire never played football.

H

HardRightEdge

Just this past Thursday you said, "There's no way I look at our schedule and the Lions and the results and come away "impressed" with one team over the other regarding the schedule played. I don't think anyone that follows the league closely could."

That earlier statement implies a judgement about quality of competition. I would characterize this as self-contradiction, unless you wish to admit to "garbling".

Reaction score
It's a moot point now but in that scenario, two of the Lions losses would have been to common point opponents while only one of Green Bays were. Tossing out head-head it was Bills & Panthers as opposed to 'hawks & 'aints.
Of course now we're dead even with a 6 game sprint to the wire. I am not sure where Dallas and Philly fit for the #2 seed yet.
Good Point PS. Yeah, it could've been a bag of tricks, but now the fog is lifting and the cruise control is set. Let's just not go so fast we get a speeding ticket on the way back home.
This is our week to go up a game and our next home game could prove who belongs in the drivers seat and who's riding "shotgun".
In the words of the great Will Ferrell.."Let's Do this " ( ;

Mklangelo

Feng Shui Debunker
Reaction score
lol

I agree. ..how funny! You just posted something that proved the Packers beat a good team. YOU GOT ME GOOD! I had no idea! Next time I better watch out for you! Never saw that one coming. lol

Are you ok? Like...seriously. Are you by chance on meds or something? WOW
Another idiot joins the ignore list.

I'm starting to have my doubts about this place, to quite honest.

And I have met 7 year old children with stronger logical abilities than you. I really mean that.

Now off to the "Troll-boy" list and under the bridge where I can't hear you anymore.

Members online

Latest posts