Official Packers vs Cowboys

thisisnate

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So glad the Packers won. I live in the Dallas area, I never would have heard the end of it, and Cowboys fans were already annoying after they won last week. They've been especially annoying since last year. In fact last night I was out to dinner with my brother, sister in law and parents and had a bad experience. I noticed when we got our salads that mine was really small, and everybody else's was much larger. Same when we got our meals, as two people got the same dish, and their portion was about double what mine was. But it was enough (with a little bread), I just figured it was no big deal I got a little less salad and I got unlucky with the small piece of meat. But then as we were walking out our waiter says "Hope you enjoy that ***-whooping tomorrow", and for the first time I realize I was wearing my Packers hat. And I realize he's serious, he's not just giving me some good-natured ribbing. And then it all made sense, I just hope the portion size was all he messed with. I usually don't wear my Packers clothing to restaurants, not since I got into an exchange with some Taco Casa employee about an hour after the game last year.

You're a brave man representing America's team down there in the ******* of the States. I salute you, good sir.

SnakePlissken

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You're a brave man representing America's team down there in the ******* of the States. I salute you, good sir.

I take some crap sometimes, but they're harmless idiots. When I was 13 my dad took me to the Thanksgiving Day game in '94 at Texas Stadium when Jason Garrett played against us and won, some stupid redneck pelted me (a kid wearing a cheesehead and Favre throwback jersey) with a cup of beer and yelled "Go back to Wisconsin Brett". In recent years it's been pretty relaxed though. Dallas fans seemed to have warmed to Green Bay in recent years, and were publicly supporting them in the Super Bowl against the hated Steelers. Then that game last year happened and they're all pissy. Wah wah wah it was a catch. Always forgetting that they screwed Detroit the week before.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

So glad the Packers won. I live in the Dallas area, I never would have heard the end of it, and Cowboys fans were already annoying after they won last week. They've been especially annoying since last year. In fact last night I was out to dinner with my brother, sister in law and parents and had a bad experience. I noticed when we got our salads that mine was really small, and everybody else's was much larger. Same when we got our meals, as two people got the same dish, and their portion was about double what mine was. But it was enough (with a little bread), I just figured it was no big deal I got a little less salad and I got unlucky with the small piece of meat. But then as we were walking out our waiter says "Hope you enjoy that ***-whooping tomorrow", and for the first time I realize I was wearing my Packers hat. And I realize he's serious, he's not just giving me some good-natured ribbing. And then it all made sense, I just hope the portion size was all he messed with. I usually don't wear my Packers clothing to restaurants, not since I got into an exchange with some Taco Casa employee about an hour after the game last year.

I`m a Brit who read this a few times, here`s my take on it. Are you legally obliged to tip a waiter when you eat out ? or is it purely your choice ?.
I know hind site is a great thing but after such disgusting behaviour I would have given him a dime, or if you felt generous a dollar and said "And you enjoy your tip !" and reported it to the manager.

Beagle

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We have our share of idiots. In fact they're multiplying this year, the Dallas forums are like the ninth circle of Hell with all the wailing, gnashing of teeth and endless arguments.
One of the reasons I like coming here, you're all so much calmer.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
I`m a Brit who read this a few times, here`s my take on it. Are you legally obliged to tip a waiter when you eat out ? or is it purely your choice ?.
I know hind site is a great thing but after such disgusting behaviour I would have given him a dime, or if you felt generous a dollar and said "And you enjoy your tip !" and reported it to the manager.

Nope, not legally obliged. What you suggested would have been appropriate, and funny at the same time. When my wife and I first got married in '79 she was a waitress. I remember going in for something to eat and her co-workers didn't know who I was. When I left, I gave her a $20 tip and they went bonkers. She had a good laugh for a little, then told them who I was.

SnakePlissken

Cheesehead
Reaction score

No, you don't have to. I didn't pay for the meal/tip, and it had already been paid for anyway as we were walking out when he said that.

SnakePlissken

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's a shame. I hope you never went there again ?

That just happened Saturday night so I haven't really had the opportunity to go back. I don't plan to boycott the restaurant or anything. It's a restaurant I don't go to a lot, maybe once or twice a year, but I enjoy it. And it's a college town, so wait staffs turn over on a monthly basis, next week that kid will probably be working at Chili's, while I've been going to that restaurant since he was probably a toddler. I think I'd be over-reacting if I boycotted. I didn't starve after all.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

That just happened Saturday night so I haven't really had the opportunity to go back. I don't plan to boycott the restaurant or anything. It's a restaurant I don't go to a lot, maybe once or twice a year, but I enjoy it. And it's a college town, so wait staffs turn over on a monthly basis, next week that kid will probably be working at Chili's, while I've been going to that restaurant since he was probably a toddler. I think I'd be over-reacting if I boycotted. I didn't starve after all.

I guess I`m just mean spirited then :whistling:

Patriotplayer90

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I take some crap sometimes, but they're harmless idiots. When I was 13 my dad took me to the Thanksgiving Day game in '94 at Texas Stadium when Jason Garrett played against us and won, some stupid redneck pelted me (a kid wearing a cheesehead and Favre throwback jersey) with a cup of beer and yelled "Go back to Wisconsin Brett". In recent years it's been pretty relaxed though. Dallas fans seemed to have warmed to Green Bay in recent years, and were publicly supporting them in the Super Bowl against the hated Steelers. Then that game last year happened and they're all pissy. Wah wah wah it was a catch. Always forgetting that they screwed Detroit the week before.
This is why I generally don't like attending NFL games. I live in the south, and college football is much more present here. Too many drunk idiots at pro games, I can't see wanting to take a kid to one.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Someone needs to quickly print a green and gold t-shirt up for SnakePlissken. Go back to the same restaurant, make sure you get the same waiter and wear a button up shirt over the t-shirt. After your meal and the waiter is looking to get paid, hand him the paid bill, with no tip and remove your button up shirt to reveal your Green and Gold "Packers 28 Cowgirls 7.... Priceless, No tip....Free Advice"

captnroger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I told you guys Dallas would stink up the place, and they did. My son and I had a ball and it was great to finally get to see him see his beloved Pack win their first game. It was our first trip, by far and away the best pro football experience ever. You guys do it right!

Beagle

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Imagine what the waiter would have done to your salad if you'd been wearing an Eagles jersey.

But clearly the guy was both deranged and demented. I doubt he was really a Dallas fan, probably an undercover, rampaging Eagles fan trying to sow the seeds of trouble. No Dallas fan who has seen Matt Cassel in action could have believed that you'd received an ***-whooping. :tup:

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
No Dallas fan who has seen Matt Cassel in action could have believed that you'd received an ***-whooping. :tup:

I think you should talk to Jerry Jones....Packers have a guy named Tolzien that might be had for a second rounder and if Jones wants someone to replace Romo in a year two, TT might part with Brett Hundley for maybe Dez or a #1. Just saying and just trying to help someone from that poor NFC East......are you guys all going to be eligible for food stamps at the end of this season, because that division is starving?

SnakePlissken

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Imagine what the waiter would have done to your salad if you'd been wearing an Eagles jersey.

But clearly the guy was both deranged and demented. I doubt he was really a Dallas fan, probably an undercover, rampaging Eagles fan trying to sow the seeds of trouble. No Dallas fan who has seen Matt Cassel in action could have believed that you'd received an ***-whooping. :tup:

No, he's your typical Dallas fan. I could tell stories for days about the absurdity of living among them, you seem pretty intelligent and even-tempered, I'd say you're not the typical Dallas fan. And I mean that as a compliment.

And yes, he and many others truly believed they'd beat Green Bay. They're delusional, but mostly because they're misinformed by the local media who are a mouthpiece for Jerry.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think you should talk to Jerry Jones....Packers have a guy named Tolzien that might be had for a second rounder and if Jones wants someone to replace Romo in a year two, TT might part with Brett Hundley for maybe Dez or a #1. Just saying and just trying to help someone from that poor NFC East......are you guys all going to be eligible for food stamps at the end of this season, because that division is starving?

MIGHT BE HAD FOR A SECOND ROUNDER? If I was Ted and cowboys offered me a second rounder for Tolzein I'd drive him to Dallas personally and deliver him gift wrapped to Jerry's front door in time for Christmas. I'd probably do the same for Hundley.

Sky King

Reaction score
I'll trade you some ginger bread cookies for that extraordinary egg nog you must be drinking. ;)

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
MIGHT BE HAD FOR A SECOND ROUNDER? If I was Ted and cowboys offered me a second rounder for Tolzein I'd drive him to Dallas personally and deliver him gift wrapped to Jerry's front door in time for Christmas. I'd probably do the same for Hundley.

I'll trade you some ginger bread cookies for that extraordinary egg nog you must be drinking. ;)

LOL......I was directing that toward Beagle (Cowboys fan) totally tongue in cheek, hoping to prey on the Cowboys desperation of finding a QB. ;)

Sky King

Reaction score
LOL......I was directing that toward Beagle (Cowboys fan) totally tongue in cheek, hoping to prey on the Cowboys desperation of finding a QB. ;)
Well done! You'll have to wait for Beagle to get back from Macy's where he's been sitting on Santa's lap reading his Christmas list of QBs. Rumor has it that after he finishes he gets right back in line again. :p

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well done! You'll have to wait for Beagle to get back from Macy's where he's been sitting on Santa's lap reading his Christmas list of QBs. Rumor has it that after he finishes he gets right back in line again. :p

I understand there is a time limit so in order to get through his list of "QB's I'd rather have than Matt Cassel" he would have to get back in line. Several times.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts