Official Packers vs Cowboys

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How will this go
Your guess is as good as mine.

I saw a lot of ugly from this offense last night. I could have sworn I was watching the 4th quarter of the first preseason game for much of the 1st half on offense. They looked ridiculously bad and nothing was working. A comedy of errors. They did a couple things well, but those were quickly overshadowed by something else.

But I also saw they never quit, they picked guys up, they lined up again. They kept trying things, I saw a lot of different plays run last night just trying to find something to spark them. The defense is also good enough to keep them in any game and if they can start snagging some INT's, they could even win us one or 2 before this year is over.

I'm not going to fool myself into thinking things are all better, but I also know this team isn't dead either. They'll keep playing even when the clock is all zeros :)

C-Lee

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would absolutely love to see the Pack crush the Cowboys in this one, mainly to see the reaction from Skip Bayless.

grampi

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If GB can't beat the lowly Dullass Crackboys in GB, they don't deserve to make the post season!

grampi

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would absolutely love to see the Pack crush the Cowboys in this one, mainly to see the reaction from Skip Bayless.

What is it with these sports talk guys openly showing favoritism to certain teams? I thought these guys were supposed to be neutral (or least appear to be)? I can't take a guy's view of any team seriously when I know they have a bias towards a particular team.

I don't know if you ever listen to XM radio, but they have a channel called "Mad Dog Sports" or Mad Dog Radio", and they have a morning show called "Morning Men." During the whole Deflategate thing, one of the guys on this show kept saying how Brady was innocent in this whole thing, and how there was no proof that he was involved. He also kept claiming that he was a Pats fan, so how was I supposed to take anything he said on the matter seriously? He's a Pats homer, and just like all of the other Pats fans, he wanted the whole issue swept under the rug. His judgment was clearly clouded by his love for the team. People like this should not have a microphone...

Voltron

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What is it with these sports talk guys openly showing favoritism to certain teams? I thought these guys were supposed to be neutral (or least appear to be)? I can't take a guy's view of any team seriously when I know they have a bias towards a particular team.

I don't know if you ever listen to XM radio, but they have a channel called "Mad Dog Sports" or Mad Dog Radio", and they have a morning show called "Morning Men." During the whole Deflategate thing, one of the guys on this show kept saying how Brady was innocent in this whole thing, and how there was no proof that he was involved. He also kept claiming that he was a Pats fan, so how was I supposed to take anything he said on the matter seriously? He's a Pats homer, and just like all of the other Pats fans, he wanted the whole issue swept under the rug. His judgment was clearly clouded by his love for the team. People like this should not have a microphone...

This is done on purpose. The shows create artificial debate. In the case of first take it just happens skip is a Dallas fan, but for the most part they like creating artificial debates.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
First, good timing to get the Cowboys at home. We are off until the game. Dallas on the other hand has to come to Green Bay after playing division rival Washington on the road on Monday night. Dallas is back to no Romo as well.

Second, if the Packers don't take the Lions win as a "all is well" and do the work in the next 10 days, the Cowboys game could be the springboard they need to carry them forward. But I also thought this of the home game against the Lions and look how that turned out.

Lots of work ahead on offense before the Pack is back, but getting the Cowboys at home at this point in the schedule is just what we may need.

Last edited:

C-Lee

Cheesehead
Reaction score

A ton of radio shows and even TV networks are run by homers. I live in CT, and I listen in on some sports radio, and it's just laughable how hard they ride the Patriots.

I'm not mad at Skip for being a Cowboys fan, even though he seems to be a Pats fan they way he GUSHES over them and his mancrush Tom Brady. It's the fact that he takes an unbelievable amount of shots at Aaron and the Packers. It's absolutely ridiculous to watch, he's essentially a paid troll.

Funny thing is, he was gushing over Aaron last season, even calling him his favorite QB. It's just annoying as hell.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Your play by play and color guys for the broadcasts, at least the national broadcasts not the team ones like Wayne and Larry, should be neutral, or as you said at least appear to be. Even guys on the pregames (Terry, Jimmy, Howie, etc) should try to keep their favoritism in check even though it does show through at times. IMO it is their job to present us with a reasonably unbiased view of the games and the teams. Opinions are fine and welcomed as they spirit debate but I think it would be appropriate for any of those guys to act the way most fans would act. Guys like clueless aren't governed as much by such restraints. They are essentially talk show hosts and can allow their personal preferences to influence their comments to a much greater degree. In fact many thrive on it.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
This is done on purpose. The shows create artificial debate. In the case of first take it just happens skip is a Dallas fan, but for the most part they like creating artificial debates.

Exactly. Sensationalism sells.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
It depends on how badly banged up the offensive line still is by that game. It will be hard to do much with a sketchy o line. I'm not real hopeful on this one, even though last night's game ended on a high. The offense still only worked in fits and sputters.

Vrill

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We'll ride this wave of emotion going forward and beat Dallas by 2-3 TD's at Lambeau. I think this Detroit win can possibly be a springboard for us.

Its simple folks. There are "turning points" during a season both positive and negative. We just hit the positive and I fully believe that there is a *CHANCE* that this miracle win can springboard us and wake the team up from this 4-5 game slumber that we have been in.

DarkHelmet

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The good news: the Pack have ten days to rest, recover and plan for the game.

The bad news: they had lots of prep time for Denver, too, and they laid an egg.

The good news: Dallas is not as good as Denver and this game will be at home.

The bad news: Chicago is also not as good as Denver and the Packers lost to them at home.

The good news: players and coaches should be at DEFCON5 for every single remaining game after nearly blowing their chances at the post-season coming from a 6-0 start.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
there is a *CHANCE* that this miracle win can springboard us
I'd rather depend on good, solid play on both sides of the ball for an entire game. I don't think this team is capable of it, for whatever reason.

RepStar15

"We're going to relentlessly chase perfection."
Reaction score
The interesting thing about this offense is that they are playing good when the game is truly on the line. That is the only positive remark I can make for the offense. The defense is playing Championship caliber defense. Holding an offense that put up 45 points the game before to 6 points in the 2nd-4th quarters of football, is what we are looking for. Can our offense start playing in the first quarter? Do we have the talent on the Oline and receiving corps to make an actual playoff run? I know we have the QB. Though I must say, this team is eerily reminding me of the 2010 Packers team. Winning and losing these close games. I think I will have an ulcer by the end of this season. I am bias, but I do believe this team has the potential to make the run. Our 4th quarter offense has been fantastic in every game (besides Denver). They have the ability to play well. Though I have been saying this after every game, maybe that was the confidence they need. I think the Cowboys line is going to give Rodgers trouble. I am just praying he stays healthy. Aside from that, our defense will light up that cowboys offense. Bring it on Jerry Jones, can't wait to see a repeat of your face from the playoffs last year. That being said, Arizona will kick our butt and the Vikings game will be tough to round out the season.

D

Deleted member 6794

Hopefully this miraculous win at Detroit will help the Packers get over their struggles. If the team that played in the second half of yesterday's game shows up this should result in a blowout.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think we definitely have the potential, but will that potential be realized this season. I'm hopeful that last night springs them forward. It seems everytime something starts coming together, something else starts falling apart. The line and Lacy get going, then we lose half our line and Lacy gets benched. Last night the receivers were mostly reliable. Adams had a nice TD grab. They actually gave RR a different route than a TE screen or dump off at the LOS and even let him go down field for a pass. Will that continue? Abbrederis didn't get hurt, he looks the part out there. Cobb is still battling and a few more weapons around him, he could take off again. Jones will show up when he shows up I guess.

The Defense is every bit the part to get us thru the playoffs, the big question mark is can the offense score some points consistently

D

Deleted member 6794

Though I must say, this team is eerily reminding me of the 2010 Packers team. Winning and losing these close games.

Totally disagree. The 2010 team was competitive in every single game, not trailing by more than seven points ever during that season and not losing a game by more than four.

Half Empty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hopefully this miraculous win at Detroit will help the Packers get over their struggles. If the team that played in the second half of yesterday's game shows up this should result in a blowout.

The "half" problem has bugged me all year. IF they played the other half of most games like they played the 'good' half, this would be a replay of most Packer seasons - lots of regular season wins, the division champs, and THEN the "huh?" kind of play.

RepStar15

"We're going to relentlessly chase perfection."
Reaction score
Totally disagree. The 2010 team was competitive in every single game, not trailing by more than seven points ever during that season and not losing a game by more than four.
We really were only not competitive in the Denver game. All the others we were a play or two short.

ls1bob

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I had posted in chat after the game that AR acted as if the weight of the world was off his shoulders after the win.Winning helps heal wounds both mental and physical and I think they are prime for a run to the Super Bowl. Winning games ugly may be their MO,but they have shown through adversity there is no quit in them

DarkHelmet

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I say the Pack should start the Dallas game with a hail mary pass. That is our most effective offensive play.

Seriously, though, the team needs to play with a sense of urgency from whistle to whistle. Three-and-outs must become much more rare, and the offense has got to put up first quarter points. Now that R.Rodgers has shown he can actually catch the ball again, perhaps a lot more short range/ West Coast Offense plays that get the ball out of Aaron's hand QUICKLY. Particularly with the O-line banged up.

captnroger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You all are nuts. I'm a Cowboy's fan, and I'm going to be there first hand to watch the Packers wipe the field with them. It won't even be close. You have no idea how bad the Cowboys are playing.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts