OFFICIAL Packers Vs Bears Week 1 thread

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Unstoppable. I feel sorry for opponents. Rodgers gives most teams very little chance to beat us.

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I will eat my shoe on Casey. He played well. Shields was really bad. They targeted Shields too which shocked me....and they made it work. He only had one good play breaking up that pass in the endzone.

Packer Fan in SD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Can I assume you're talking about nfl.com's Game Pass?

I don't know about Britain, but here in the US all regular season games are blacked out on the NFL's Game Pass. And the replays are not available while any NFL game is in progress. It has something to do with the the networks and Dish, paying billions of dollars apiece to the NFL, wanting us to watch their commercials and pay their annual subscription feels. Go figure.

I'll be watching the Bills at home against Indy, which looks like it will be in the rain. It should be interesting.

My understanding of Gamepass is they show all the games the next day. Not 100% sure because I have Sunday Ticket, but I think that is what they advertise here in the U.S. Glad the other " bloke" ( forgive me if I used the term wrong, I grew up reading Andy Capp comics on Sunday so I only have a loose understanding of the term and mean no disrespect) offered to keep you updated. I didn't come back on here until after the win was secured.

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My understanding of Gamepass is they show all the games the next day. Not 100% sure because I have Sunday Ticket, but I think that is what they advertise here in the U.S. Glad the other " bloke" ( forgive me if I used the term wrong, I grew up reading Andy Capp comics on Sunday so I only have a loose understanding of the term and mean no disrespect) offered to keep you updated. I didn't come back on here until after the win was secured.

Correct. Gamepass games are not live, except in the preseason.

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Typical Packers game today: Rodgers and the offense were great, the defense can't stop the run and McCarthy was out-coached. Very excited to get the win. Hopefully the additions of Jones Guion and Burnett in the next couple weeks will make the defense better.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Correct. Gamepass games are not live, except in the preseason.

Actually you`re wrong. ALL the games are live, it`s just that if they are being shown on SKYSPORTS they are blacked out.

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Typical Packers game today: Rodgers and the offense were great, the defense can't stop the run and McCarthy was out-coached. Very excited to get the win. Hopefully the additions of Jones Guion and Burnett in the next couple weeks will make the defense better.

How was MM out coached?

Powarun

Big Bay Blues fan
Reaction score
How was MM out coached?
I am beginning to understand that some people have a belief that the Bears had a follow counter measure that worked against the packers. And to be honest I thought the game plan keep the packers offense of the field is great in theory, it takes one mistake to break it. I felt the Bears had a chance, till they either fall behind or had a 3 and long. Cutler played his offense extremely patiently and it paid off, just had the problem of field goals instead of touchdowns. Since this was foreign to many packer fans they feel McCarthy was out coached. Really I think it was a coach thinking Jay would not be Jay if he slowed the offense down and kept our defense on the field.

mhnessie

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
If they can't be seen in the US in real time, they are not live here.
Thats true, since this season I have the "NFL Game Pass App" on my Apple TV box here in Germany and was surprised to find out that "live games" are not "live" :rolleyes:
Fortunately I could use the Games Pass on my laptop to watch the Packers game.

D

Deleted member 6794

That makes sense in base D. It will be interesting to see the personnel groups in the other 2/3 of the snaps.

It's curious to see Burnett on the game day active list while not being healthy enough to start, assuming your report on Hyde is correct.

I know I´m late answering on that one but Burnett was one of the guys on the inactives list I posted before the game.

I will eat my shoe on Casey. He played well. Shields was really bad. They targeted Shields too which shocked me....and they made it work. He only had one good play breaking up that pass in the endzone.

I was surprised that Hayward mostly played in the slot with Randall on the outside. Shields´ performance was disappointing and his penalty on the Bears FG giving them a first down was inexcusable.

greenandgold

I'm Dirty Hairy Callahan
Reaction score
It seems every year it is the same two people on the Bears that do us the most hurt. Forte always shows up, and it seems like Bennett always has a big game against us. But usually if we wait long enough Jay will throw a pick to us.

greenandgold

I'm Dirty Hairy Callahan
Reaction score
I know I´m late answering on that one but Burnett was one of the guys on the inactives list I posted before the game.

I was surprised that Hayward mostly played in the slot with Randall on the outside. Shields´ performance was disappointing and his penalty on the Bears FG giving them a first down was inexcusable.
I am confused. Did that penalty really give the Bears a first down, or did they decide it put them close enough to go for it on forth down? I measn I thought the penalty would be half the distance to the goal and NOT an automatic first down. I nearly choked on my beer when the TV station showed first and goal after the penalty.

D

Deleted member 6794

I am confused. Did that penalty really give the Bears a first down, or did they decide it put them close enough to go for it on forth down? I measn I thought the penalty would be half the distance to the goal and NOT an automatic first down. I nearly choked on my beer when the TV station showed first and goal after the penalty.

I'm sorry, Shields penalty resulted in a fourth-and-inches, which the Bears converted. Nevertheless it was a terrible penalty by Shields.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I'm not in panic mode concerning our defense. For a number of reasons. One, give the Bears some credit, they played better then most expected and the "new" Jay, showed more patience then in the past. Two, we had quite a few new starters out there as well as missing Burnett, Guion and Jones as well as Barrington not playing much. Three, as ugly as some of those missed tackles were, they are mistakes that will be learned from and came from players (Shields and HCD) that are known for better play.

Offense looks awesome and JJ proved why he was worthy of coming back to GB. Special teams played much better.

It wasn't a blowout win, but a win on the road against a division rival none the less.

1-0 .... I will take it.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 6794

I'm not in panic mode concerning our defense. For a number of reasons. One, give the Bears some credit, they played better then most expected and the "new" Jay, showed more patience then in the past. Two, we had quite a few new starters out there as well as missing Burnett, Guion and Jones as well as Barrington not playing much. Three, as ugly as some of those missed tackles were, they are mistakes that will be learned from and came from players (Shields and HCD) that are known for better play.

Offense looks awesome and JJ proved why he was worthy of coming back to GB. Special teams played much better.

It wasn't a blowout win, but a win on the road against a division rival none the less.

1-0 .... I will take it.

No matter how you look at it, allowing 189 rushing yards against a team not having a ton of vertical threats while putting mostly eight guys in the box is reason for concern.

Sky King

Reaction score
Datone Jones return will not offer much in the way of help stopping the run. That's clearly not his forte. Burnett returning to the field should help, whenever that will be. Shields and Hayward are both chronically weak against the run. No surprises there. Daniels did not have a particularly good game and I wonder if his bad ankle is still holding him back some. Mike Neal did not excel against the run on most downs and neither did Boyd. On a couple of run plays Boyd went backwards about as fast as Forte was moving forward.

As the season progresses I'm hoping that the young DBs play a more prominent role on run downs and perhaps more. They seem like naturals attacking the ball carrier. Pennel needs to show more than he did yesterday, too.

GBkrzygrl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm new here. Haven't posted too much. re: penalties. Wasn't there a year when the Pack had very few penalties? Shields hurt more than helped the D. Don't know why he is considered a premier CB.

Jones had a great game and was totally in sync with Aaron. Lacy's one handed catch was great and I loved seeing a little bit of Brett come out in Rodgers flip to Lacy.... As long as it worked. :D

I thought Randall played pretty well for his first game. But the defense can't stop the run or short passes to save their lives.

Matthews interception clinched the deal. It was great to see.

Members online

Latest posts