OFFICIAL Packers Vs Bears Week 1 thread

7thFloorRA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would like to see John Fox's dumb secrecy crap shoved up his @$$. Moving Kyle Long to RT......its going to completely change the Packers game plan. Who knows who will play WR.....since they are all questionable.... He has been doing this crap all camp and even the Bears fans seem annoyed with it or at least get a laugh from it.

My biggest fear of this game is that the bears just run deep routes on Casey one on one and score early and often because Casey CAN NOT PLAY OUTSIDE. Gunter should be out there UDFA or not.....may be Hyde. However Capers is going to have Casey out there because gosh darnitt he put it the time over the last few years and while he might be the shortest guy on the team, the physically weakest other than the kickers and be SLOW after his destroyed hammy.....he is going to start and he is our guy.

I love him in the slot as a ball hawk but he is going to flat out blow on the outside and everyone knows it and yet he is going to be out there tomorrow.

Full On Cheesehead
Reaction score
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

How awful, destroyed a dynasty, basically a pile driver, should have been suspended, dirtiest play ever, not in the spirit of the game....

Tell me when to put the violins away.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

How awful, destroyed a dynasty, basically a pile driver, should have been suspended, dirtiest play ever, not in the spirit of the game....

THAT was totally out of order, and anybody thinking that was nothing bad is seriously kidding themselves.

D

Deleted member 6794

Charles Martin was suspended for two games for it. While that doesn't sound right in today's NFL you have to realize that this was the first multi-game suspension for an on-field incident in modern NFL history and continued to be the longest one until 2006.

D

Deleted member 6794

I would like to see John Fox's dumb secrecy crap shoved up his @$$. Moving Kyle Long to RT......its going to completely change the Packers game plan. Who knows who will play WR.....since they are all questionable.... He has been doing this crap all camp and even the Bears fans seem annoyed with it or at least get a laugh from it.

The Bears released their starting RT Jordan Mills so they had to make a move at the position. I expect all of their receivers to play but it's common to list players with limited participation during the entire week as questionable on the injury report.

My biggest fear of this game is that the bears just run deep routes on Casey one on one and score early and often because Casey CAN NOT PLAY OUTSIDE. Gunter should be out there UDFA or not.....may be Hyde. However Capers is going to have Casey out there because gosh darnitt he put it the time over the last few years and while he might be the shortest guy on the team, the physically weakest other than the kickers and be SLOW after his destroyed hammy.....he is going to start and he is our guy.

I love him in the slot as a ball hawk but he is going to flat out blow on the outside and everyone knows it and yet he is going to be out there tomorrow.

Entering the season Hayward presents the best option to start opposite of Shields. During his rookie season he proved to be capable of playing outside, getting four interceptions while playing there but also giving up too many big plays. It's possible that he's lost a step because of his hamstring issues but that hasn't been an issue during the preseason with him allowing an average of eight yards per completion on the boundary.

One of the rookies will get playing time outside once Hayward moves inside in nickel or dime packages but as long as Hayward doesn't struggle outside there's no reason to start one of them on the perimeter.

BTW who would you have starting at strong safety by moving Hyde to outside corner if Burnett can't play???

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score

Even though I couldn't review the video, I remember it like it was yesterday ... while I love "get in your face" defenses with attitude (something the Pack STILL lack) ... this and a couple of other issues from the Gregg era embarrassed me not only as a Packers fan but as a fan of the game. Even though McMahon was and still is a {saving the Mods the effort expended to delete the word I'm tempted to type}

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Forrest Gregg absolutely hated Ditka and the Bears--so I suppose some of that rubbed off on Martin. It was a dirty play, but not much worse than Abe Gibron assigning someone to chase Chester Marcol around after kickoffs, and nail him as many times as possible in '72. I dislike the Chicago Bears more than I dislike Charles Martin.

Atesh

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Finally, today is the start of this beautiful journey. All I care about is this, not the score of anything. Just seeing our logo on this field.

I

Even though I couldn't review the video, I remember it like it was yesterday ... while I love "get in your face" defenses with attitude (something the Pack STILL lack) ... this and a couple of other issues from the Gregg era embarrassed me not only as a Packers fan but as a fan of the game. Even though McMahon was and still is a {saving the Mods the effort expended to delete the word I'm tempted to type}

Didn`t McMahon wear green and gold at sometime in his career ? Somebody obviously disagreed with you Weeds mate.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's one of the most embarrassing moments in Packer history, I can't believe we ever signed Jim McMahon to our team.

and that Martin incident wasn't good either.

I

It's one of the most embarrassing moments in Packer history, I can't believe we ever signed Jim McMahon to our team.

and that Martin incident wasn't good either.

Maybe so but it could be worse. We could have signed Cutler. I get he wasn`t popular, but he was a winner. Just saying.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i was joking about McMahon, I've liked a lot of Bear's players over the years, him included, though I can't really admit that publicly :)

But Martin's actions were pretty disgusting and I'm glad that doesn't come up all too often because I do find it embarrassing

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
The idea that ‘everyone knows Hayward can’t play outside’ but Capers is going to play him there anyway is just silly. Listen to what Whitt has said several times about Hayward. He may fail playing outside but they aren’t playing him there knowing they have better options.

I loved Gregg as a player but was disgusted by him as HC of the Packers. Lest we forget (and some apparently have) Martin and other Packers wore towels with a hit list of Bears they intended to injure. IMO that was as thuggish as what was recorded in the Saints’ locker room (re: "bountygate").

Last edited:
I

i was joking about McMahon, I've liked a lot of Bear's players over the years, him included, though I can't really admit that publicly :)

But Martin's actions were pretty disgusting and I'm glad that doesn't come up all too often because I do find it embarrassing

No problem. We ALL hate the Bears ;). My guilty confession is that I was introduced to football by the Detroit Lions. I even own a Lions BB Cap somewhere in the house.

Packer Fan in SD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bill, you're in England, no? Will you be able to watch the game? I will tip a drink to you and all our loyal fans across the pond. Just two more hours and our Super Bowl journey begins.

D

Deleted member 6794

Packers inactives for today's game:

QB Brett Hundley
CB LaDarius Gunter
S Morgan Burnett
RB Alonzo Harris
LB Andy Mulumba
G Lane Taylor
TE Kennard Backman

Micah Hyde will start at strong safety.

Members online