Official 2022 week 1 pregame thread vs Vikings

JK64

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This going to be a good one.

I decided to be a naughty boy today and call out of work. ( For the record I havent called out in 7 months).
Dident want to miss the opener.
I feel for ya bro. Wasted sick day for sure.

JK64

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Let the Christian Watson/Romeo Doubs era begin!! Big game for both, today!
Watson made what may be the worst play of the year for the Packers. At least Doubs didn't drop any passes, AFAIK

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Alexander was just annihilated. It has the be the worst individual whipping in a game since Reggie went off for three sacks in the second half of SB 31. I called this outcome more than a week ago. It was obvious MLF didn't have the team anywhere near to being ready to play.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Alexander was just annihilated. It has the be the worst individual whipping in a game since Reggie went off for three sacks in the second half of SB 31. I called this outcome more than a week ago. It was obvious MLF didn't have the team anywhere near to being ready to play.
Lmao

All these people think they know the scheme

Following the game, Alexander took time out of his evening to put Packers coaches on absolute blast for not shadowing Jefferson with him. He did not hold back.

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
Lmao

All these people think they know the scheme

Following the game, Alexander took time out of his evening to put Packers coaches on absolute blast for not shadowing Jefferson with him. He did not hold back.
There's no way he could have possibly watched the whole game....lol

Reaction score
That play worked exactly as it was planned (and seen in my dreams ;) ) ...Watson just couldn't close the deal. Hoping he learns from it and it doesn't happen again?
It was a big highlight blooper. That said Watson had a couple of other follow up plays. Also, he showed his speed is no joke, he ran by those guys like they were standing still and I'm hoping MLF recognizes that and gets him acquainted regularly in that capacity. I just think he had the Jitters and possibly had they gotten him the ball once or twice first on shorter plays he would have been in rhythm idk

JK64

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just think he had the Jitters and possibly had they gotten him the ball once or twice first on shorter plays he would have been in rhythm idk
Probably Jitters, but I'm sorry, he has to catch that ball. It really affected the rest of the game in a negative way. Total fail for such a gifted athlete. Rodgers dropped that ball right into his hands. He was looking at the endzone and not the ball. He should know better.

Reaction score
Probably Jitters, but I'm sorry, he has to catch that ball. It really affected the rest of the game in a negative way. Total fail for such a gifted athlete. Rodgers dropped that ball right into his hands. He was looking at the endzone and not the ball. He should know better.
I agree he needs to catch that. Separate but somewhat related question, do you think it cost us the game?

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree he needs to catch that. Separate but somewhat related question, do you think it cost us the game?
it changes the complexion of the game. GB put themselves in a hole, that didn't help.

But no, the right side of the offensive line getting manhandled, Hanson in particular, and complete breakdowns in communication in the defensive secondary cost us this game.

Everyone is acting like Jefferson was Rice, Moss, and Megatron on Sunday when the reality is, all he really had to do was show up, we barely covered him. He wasn't beating coverages with slick moves, high pointing balls, beating guys to spots, he was just running free.

Don't get me wrong, he's good, but we didn't really cover him either. I'm sure that wasn't in the game plan so that tells me, guys weren't getting the message and someone wasn't doing their job.

Reaction score
it changes the complexion of the game. GB put themselves in a hole, that didn't help.

But no, the right side of the offensive line getting manhandled, Hanson in particular, and complete breakdowns in communication in the defensive secondary cost us this game.

Everyone is acting like Jefferson was Rice, Moss, and Megatron on Sunday when the reality is, all he really had to do was show up, we barely covered him. He wasn't beating coverages with slick moves, high pointing balls, beating guys to spots, he was just running free.

Don't get me wrong, he's good, but we didn't really cover him either. I'm sure that wasn't in the game plan so that tells me, guys weren't getting the message and someone wasn't doing their job.
Yeah I agree.
So one way to look at that 1 dropped pass was it’s a learning experience and it didn’t actually cost us a game. Had we lost by 3 points or whatever we could really put some heat on #9 for the outcome.
I’m pretty sure he’ll catch most of those long passes and it will be a focus for him going forward. On top of that wasn’t it his first NFL attempt? I could be wrong. If it was the final play of the game for the Win I’d expect the level of disappointment.

I just saw a Green Pea totally burn past a pretty good secondary like they were standing still. I heard some of the BS early on in here that he couldn’t beat NFL caliber players? Ha! That miscalculation of “opinion” was far worse off target. Talk about dropping the ball!

Last edited:

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah I agree.
So one way to look at that 1 dropped pass was it’s a learning experience and it didn’t actually cost us a game. Had we lost by 3 points or whatever we could really put some heat on #9 for the outcome.
I’m pretty sure he’ll catch most of those long passes and it will be a focus for him going forward. On top of that wasn’t it his first NFL attempt? I could be wrong. If it was the final play of the game for the Win I’d expect the level of disappointment.

I just saw a Green Pea totally burn past a pretty good secondary like they were standing still. I heard some of the BS early on in here that he couldn’t beat NFL caliber players? Ha! That miscalculation of “opinion” was far worse off target. Talk about dropping the ball!
I would challenge pretty good secondary. Otherwise yeah spot on.

Reaction score
I can't say it cost us the game, but it sure took away big time momentum if that were a TD.
Exactly. So we got away with one.

It’s not like Christian thinks that was acceptable, but if it’s going to happen let it happen in a Preseason game or a lopsided win or lopsided loss. The next time we might not be so lucky. Get that out of the way now and redeem yourself is my advice to him. That involves working diligently on your catching a ball with air on it.
Have them drop one out of a helicopter if that’s what it takes.

D

Deleted member 6794

It would have been a totally different game if Watson scores on that play. There's no way of knowing how it would have ended if the Packers tie the game at that point.

JK64

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Exactly. So we got away with one.

It’s not like Christian thinks that was acceptable, but if it’s going to happen let it happen in a Preseason game or a lopsided win or lopsided loss. The next time we might not be so lucky. Get that out of the way now and redeem yourself is my advice to him. That involves working diligently on your catching a ball with air on it.
Have them drop one out of a helicopter if that’s what it takes.
I don't think we got away with one. What we got was a kick in the balls.

I wonder if that new passing machine can drop balls like that to receivers.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The offense should be better this week now that they played a game at real NFL speed. They are still going to struggle to put up points until the o line gets healthy, but lasts week's lousy performance wasn't a surprise seeing that's what we saw in week 1 of the 2021 season. I would target Watson early and often against the Bears to let him earn his redemption. The sooner he catches some big passes, the quicker he'll be able to put that bad drop behind him.

PackerDNA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It would have been a totally different game if Watson scores on that play. There's no way of knowing how it would have ended if the Packers tie the game at that point.
Disagree. They won decisively they had all the answers we had none. Even with exspected improvement, our receiving group will be our Achilles heel.

D

Deleted member 6794

Disagree. They won decisively they had all the answers we had none. Even with exspected improvement, our receiving group will be our Achilles heel.

The Packers would have tied the game if Watson catches that ball. While it's possible the Packers could have still lost the game they would have found themselves in a completely different situation at that point.

Krabs

I take offense to that sir.
Reaction score
The Packers would have tied the game if Watson catches that ball. While it's possible the Packers could have still lost the game they would have found themselves in a completely different situation at that point.
Totally agree. It took what some might refer to as "the wind out of their sails". It was totally deflating to the Packers and jacked MN up. He catches that ball and it does the opposite affect. It deflates the crowd and jacks the Packers up. Don't know the end result, but it would have been a completely different game.

Members online

Latest posts