OFFICIAL GIANTS PACKER TALK

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
So you're saying the Packers are just as good with a potentially hindered Jennings?

There isn't really an easy answer to that. We are certainly not the same team without him but all of our other weapons are still there. Jennings, albeit in my opinion the best, is but one of many weapons in our arsenal. Nelson, Finley, Driver, Jones, Grant, Starks, Saine, ... that's to just name a few off the top of my head. Our receiving corps is stacked and our QB playing elite. Missing one player hurts us, but not enough to bring us down.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
So you're saying the Packers are just as good with a potentially hindered Jennings?

I think if Jennings is less than 80% then yeah...

But if Greg is pretty much full health, then I do take our WR over yours..

Thats not being a homer, Jones, and Nelson could very well be #1 on some teams...Driver, while old can still do things that amaze people..Then Cobb- a rookie but has some serious skills to hurt people..

RandyM

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Thats not being a homer, Jones, and Nelson could very well be #1 on some teams...Driver, while old can still do things that amaze people..Then Cobb- a rookie but has some serious skills to hurt people..
Add Finley to the mix too... he has been used as a wr this year..

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score

I have a funny feeling that Cobb is going to play a big part in these playoffs, LTF. I have the feeling that they have been coaching him up and are going to release him full force. I like this guy. I'd like to see him take one to the house on a return against the Giants. :)

RandyM

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have a funny feeling that Cobb is going to play a big part in these playoffs, LTF. I have the feeling that they have been coaching him up and are going to release him full force. I like this guy. I'd like to see him take one to the house on a return against the Giants. :)

You know kitten, I have that same feeling:)

passtheSALSA

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I'll give you Jones, but I really think Nelson is the product of this Packers system/Rodgers, just as Cruz is for the Giants.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Speaking of Jordy Nelson, there has been some cause for argument on here as to who our #1 WR is (or who is doing better this year). Nelson or Jennings. Nelson has had a break out year, so perhaps even if Jennings isn't 100%, the person you should be watching out for is Nelson. Not to discount Jennings in any way, I think some of you Giants fans are more hoping Jennings, wishful thinking that Jennings is not going to be 100%. Beware, Jennings, even at 80% is still a huge threat and still might demand double coverage, freeing up any number of our other weapons, including our run game.

RandyM

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Speaking of Jordy Nelson, there has been some cause for argument on here as to who our #1 WR is (or who is doing better this year). Nelson or Jennings. Nelson has had a break out year, so perhaps even if Jennings isn't 100%, the person you should be watching out for is Nelson. Not to discount Jennings in any way, I think some of you Giants fans are more hoping Jennings, wishful thinking that Jennings is not going to be 100%. Beware, Jennings, even at 80% is still a huge threat and still might demand double coverage, freeing up any number of our other weapons, including our run game.

They can't and won't ignore Finley

Giantz4Life

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There isn't really an easy answer to that. We are certainly not the same team without him but all of our other weapons are still there. Jennings, albeit in my opinion the best, is but one of many weapons in our arsenal. Nelson, Finley, Driver, Jones, Grant, Starks, Saine, ... that's to just name a few off the top of my head. Our receiving corps is stacked and our QB playing elite. Missing one player hurts us, but not enough to bring us down.

Starks, Grant and Saine are not what most fans outside Packers fans would call weapons. You have 2 average RBs at best and one unproven undrafted rookie. One of them is made of glass, the other is inconsistent, and the other unproven. If you can convince me otherwise then do your best Pat Benatar impression. Your QB and receiving corp is among the best in the NFL, but don't be delusional about your RB core.

passtheSALSA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hey if Jennings can do his job and draw a double then Jordy is going to be a problem. If not, then Jordy is just another good receiver. I think what makes Jordy so good, besides the fact that he is usually single covered, is the fact that Rodgers knows EXACTLY where he'll be on again given play and he's great at helping Rodgers out when he's flushed out of the pocket

RandyM

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Starks, Grant and Saine are not what most fans outside Packers fans would call weapons. You have 2 average RBs at best and one unproven undrafted rookie. One of them is made of glass, the other is inconsistent, and the other unproven. If you can convince me otherwise then do your best Pat Benatar impression. Your QB and receiving corp is among the best in the NFL, but don't be delusional about your RB core.

Bradshaw and or Jacbos aren't MVP candidates either....

Giantz4Life

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bradshaw and or Jacbos aren't MVP candidates either....

And when did I say they were? I'm not the one talking up our running backs. I'm realistic about what we have. They're good enough to get the job done.

What I do know is that both of them will punch you in the mouth if you try and tackle them straight on. Ask your boy C. Woodson, or Rodney Poole.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I'll give you Jones, but I really think Nelson is the product of this Packers system/Rodgers, just as Cruz is for the Giants.

No way...The man is a beast...He has moves that are simply amazing..

This isnt a product, this is talent

Attachments

• 392731_2450707319231_1598439219_2417471_210469375_n.jpg
    392731_2450707319231_1598439219_2417471_210469375_n.jpg
    159.8 KB · Views: 73

P-E-Z

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Another one that forgets something..Please compare properly...

Rodgers has 87 less att....and 290 less yards...Hmmmmmmmmmmm 290 yards and was 87 atts less, and your going to brag?

Rodgers missed ONE FULL GAME....Eli didnt..And I am pretty damn sure Eli didnt sit out to much..rodgers sat out full quarters

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/player/_/stat/passing/sort/passingYards/seasontype/2

Eli--308 yards per game

Rodgers--310 per game

Eli had 16 ints, Rodgers? 6

Eli 29 tds
Rodgers 45 (with missing lot more time then Eli)

The 4th q stat on TD is awesome, something that is truly excellent..

But go ahead..Hang your hat on YARDS, I will take TDs and less ints for the season

You actually proved my point.
GB recievers did not tip passes the way the Giants recievers did. QB error INTS were about the same.
The only Giants recievers that were healthy the whole was Cruz.
Rodger had more TD passes the Giants tend to run on first and goal. 18 rushing TDs
one game is not even close to 87 attempts.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
You actually proved my point.
GB recievers did not tip passes the way the Giants recievers did. QB error INTS were about the same.
The only Giants recievers that were healthy the whole was Cruz.
Rodger had more TD passes the Giants tend to run on first and goal. 18 rushing TDs
one game is not even close to 87 attempts.

Whyt bring rushing in this?

Some one was bragging about the yards Eli had over Rodgers

Stay with in the lines

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts