OFFICIAL GIANTS PACKER TALK

RandyM

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The difference is we have 2 proven 1000 yard backs whereas James Starks is so far a one hit playoff wonder. When was the last time Ryan Grant was relevant? Brandon Jacobs although only running for 570 something yards has 7 touchdowns. Ahmad Bradshaw 570 and 9 touchdowns. 16 rushing TDs is pretty good for the "worst run game in the NFL". We can still pound the rock.

Do I want Grant or Stark's to run for a 100 yards each on Sunday? HELL yeah... Of course... But we don't need that type of production out of them... Sure, it would be awesome, but we don't.. The WCO offense in part is predicated on short dumpoffs, screens and slants... Move the chains.. We are pass first, run second... We have to force you to at least honor the run... If you do that, the passing game steps up... Thats my take...

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
I said he's good, but he's couldn't be #1 on a team other than the Packers/Saints and Colts with Peyton.

I disagree. Nelson has perhaps been the biggest surprise this year on the team. He has been the #1 receiver since Jennings went down, and has flourished.

He is extremely fast, often leaving defenders 3-5 yards behind him during his routes. There are articles that talk about his remarkable speed (the whole "being disrespected because he is white" thread). Also is strong and runs his routes to perfection.

passtheSALSA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just curious...Not smack..

Beat Atlanta convincingly

Cowboys who had injured q/b, and won

Jets who really were not that good and won

And gave 23 points to the Skins at home and lost..

To me, beating Atlanta would be a confidence boost, rest not really..So where is all the confidence from in your opinion
Dallas-Huge division rival-beat them twice in a month, one a big comeback, another a blowout
Jets-City rival
Skins-well the Skins/Giants always have good games, but I can't back it up.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
The difference is we have 2 proven 1000 yard backs whereas James Starks is so far a one hit playoff wonder and I believe you were the one who tried to disprove me about James Starks "rolling" which is ironic. When was the last time Ryan Grant was relevant? Brandon Jacobs although only running for 570 something yards has 7 touchdowns. Ahmad Bradshaw 570 and 9 touchdowns. 16 rushing TDs is pretty good for the "worst run game in the NFL". We can still pound the rock.

I never once said we had a running game..

I know we dont..LOL

Ryan has been playing with fire last month...Contract year and all ;)

meyerbudNYG

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I disagree. Nelson has perhaps been the biggest surprise this year on the team. He has been the #1 receiver since Jennings went down, and has flourished.

He is extremely fast, often leaving defenders 3-5 yards behind him during his routes. There are articles that talk about his remarkable speed (the whole "being disrespected because he is white" thread). Also is strong and runs his routes to perfection.
I agree - Nelson is having a great year

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Your offense does. Only your offense.

So you know people on our defense and they told you we dont have confidence?

I know for a FACT that some of our defense are really relaxed and not nervous...

Not saying it is confidence, but sure isnt being scared

RandyM

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Jordy is as fast as he needs to be...And, watch for the stiff arm... It's coming to a Giant defender

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score

To me, beating Atlanta would be a confidence boost, rest not really..So where is all the confidence from in your opinion

Good point. I think he means they are gelling or peaking at the right time, regardless of the opponent. They are playing better.

P-E-Z

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Eli is not in the same league as Rodgers... You know it, I know it... The pundits know it...

Actually I do not believe at all and the game without AR kinda proves it the GB offensive system not QB. Flynn actually put up more yards than Rodgers did.

passtheSALSA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So you know people on our defense and they told you we dont have confidence?

I know for a FACT that some of our defense are really relaxed and not nervous...

Not saying it is confidence, but sure isnt being scared
I didn't expect them to be scared. I'm just putting more stock in my guys than in your D. I think we can both agree that the Giants defense is playing better than the Packers' at the moment.

ThorMatthews

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The difference is we have 2 proven 1000 yard backs whereas James Starks is so far a one hit playoff wonder and I believe you were the one who tried to disprove me about James Starks "rolling" which is ironic. When was the last time Ryan Grant was relevant? Brandon Jacobs although only running for 570 something yards has 7 touchdowns. Ahmad Bradshaw 570 and 9 touchdowns. 16 rushing TDs is pretty good for the "worst run game in the NFL". We can still pound the rock.
I feel as though you're under the impression that Green Bay needs its running backs to constantly have huge gains.
How many times have the Packers scored from 30+ yards out? 80 yards out?
When GB does have goal line attempts they don't go with their RBs they bring in Kuhn, or they run slants.
Green Bay's RBs don't have the Yards and Touchdowns to compare to New York's but then again that's not really what the Packers (in my mind) expect out of them either, would it be nice? Of course. Has it been necessary? Not really, they do enough that it sets up the passing game which is what the Packers strength is.

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
Jordy is as fast as he needs to be...And, watch for the stiff arm... It's coming to a Giant defender

Like I said, he's strong.

If he can maintain his level of play to what he has done this season, he would be #1 receiver on far more than the three teams listed. Maybe not on the Giants, but many others.

RandyM

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I feel as though you're under the impression that Green Bay needs its running backs to constantly have huge gains.
How many times have the Packers scored from 30+ yards out? 80 yards out?
When GB does have goal line attempts they don't go with their RBs they bring in Kuhn, or they run slants.
Green Bay's RBs don't have the Yards and Touchdowns to compare to New York's but then again that's not really what the Packers (in my mind) expect out of them either, would it be nice? Of course. Has it been necessary? Not really, they do enough that it sets up the passing game which is what the Packers strength is.

Ditto

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
I didn't expect them to be scared. I'm just putting more stock in my guys than in your D. I think we can both agree that the Giants defense is playing better than the Packers' at the moment.

I concur your defense is playing better than ours at the moment. But the problem is, your defense is no playing against ours. It's our offense you will need to concern yourselves with. Meanwhile our D will have to worry over containing Eli and your line.

Giantz4Life

Cheesehead
Reaction score

We **** the bed against Washington twice no excuses. Division games are always tough in the NFC East, and any division no matter the opponent's record. I recall you guys losing to a very bad Miami Dolphins team last year, and yet you went on to win the Super Bowl. It doesn't matter what you do in the regular season if you make the playoffs. All that is in the past. We are 1-0 in this new season and that's what matters.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts