OFFICIAL GIANTS PACKER TALK

KTH

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yuppers...

Just a hint...Do get in the face of anyone (that should go with out saying) try to be respectful, after all your a VISITOR in OUR HOUSE...Treat it as such and I bet you will have a great time, win or lose..

I have been next to Steeler fans (twice), Buc fans, Saint fans, Bronco fans, Detroit fans (playoffs) and all have commented how nice everyone was.

I have been next to Viking fans and they were the WORSE even when losing they think they are the S***

I have been going to games since 92, and I havent seen to many issues at all..Dont think I ever seen a fight

Nice...now I'm even more excited. Any other advice for one's first trip to Lambeau?

passtheSALSA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So then how will he do against Nelson or who ever he matches up with.
Personally, I'm not a huge fan of Ross'. He had a great rookie year but injuries kind of hampered him. I think whoever he covers, he will get some help. Ross is a very inconsistent player IMO, if you don't know already he got himself benched once or twice this season for bad play, then got his act together and reclaimed his starting spot. He was doing alright last week before he got hurt and he played well against Dez and Plazico (not saying much).

P-E-Z

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Victor Cruz blows out his ACL on the first play of the game, you will have a long day as well...

He 3rd on depth chart. Nicks #1 Manningham #2. Atlanta DID cover Cruz well....... Nicks and Manningham 3 tds

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I think it means that there is definitely some degree seriousness. This wasn't a sprain where he just stretched the ligament. He has a small tear. I'm not saying he won't be a factor, that would be ignorant. I just can't say with confidence that he will be what we've all become accustomed to watching.

I thought was a sprain, unless you have inside info and the Packers are lying

http://blog.packers.com/2011/12/12/jennings-out-a-couple-of-weeks/

Head Coach Mike McCarthy said on Monday that receiver Greg Jennings’ knee sprain will keep him out “a couple of weeks” and believes he’ll be back in time for the playoffs

P-E-Z

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Can't wait... I have been charged with trying to find a good sports bar in downtown Hartford for both the Pats game saturday and Giants game Sunday. We are away at my daughters volleyball tournament and her team plays morning pools on both days (thank god). Will DVR the game for rewatch when I get back home Monday night

Hartford CT or Hartford Wi?????
I can help with Hartford CT

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Read the other article you posted (Yahoo) It's more recent and a more respectable source. Sprains aren't limited to just stretching, they are extended to partial tears.

Ok..But per the player he could have played in the last game..

Point is if he could have played 3 weeks ago he shouldnt have any issues Sunday

that was the main issue, right? He wont be effective?

Face it, we wont know till Sunday

passtheSALSA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ok..But per the player he could have played in the last game..

Point is if he could have played 3 weeks ago he shouldnt have any issues Sunday

that was the main issue, right? He wont be effective?

Face it, we wont know till Sunday
Let me just get this out there for the last time: There is no doubt in my mind that Jennings will play and be effective I've never said anything to the contrary. What I did say seems to have been forgotten: I wouldn't expect standard Jennings numbers.

P-E-Z

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh yes, I believe you can. I have as much respect for Eli and your offensive line as I do your D line. Both have played great this year and you deserve to be where you are at now. I'm just saying that if you compare the two QBs and O-Lines, no matter how I look at it and also looking at it objectively, I still have the Packs offense coming out on top. You simply cannot overlook the numbers Rodgers and our O-Line put up this year. As I have said, Eli has played great, but I refrain from categorizing him in terms of elite. "Elite" is a term best used in reference to Peyton Manning, Brady, Brees and Rodgers. Sure, Eli may be knocking on the door but so far, it's access denied. To be honest, and here I must take off my homer cloak, I think this game is going to be a lot closer and tougher than either side may be willing to admit. There should be a level of respect here for both teams, it's going to be one hell of a game. I maintain I think the Packers have the edge offensively as a whole, with the Giants an edge on defense.

Eli put up more yards than than AR did this year.
Eli #6 on most yards in a season record list, AR is 19th on that list.
Payton is #15 on that list.
Eli also hold the record for most 4th qtr TD passes breaking the record held Johnny Untias & Payton Manning.
He is an Elite QB. Oh ya be beat Beat Brady 66% of the time when they played head to head.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Let me just get this out there for the last time: There is no doubt in my mind that Jennings will play and be effective I've never said anything to the contrary. What I did say seems to have been forgotten: I wouldn't expect standard Jennings numbers.

Ok, sorry for the confusion

RandyM

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Rodgers spreads the ball... There has been several games where he has thrown to 10 different wr's.... 1 game it may be Jennings, 1 game it may be Finley... That was brought up earlier in the year when Jones was not targeted... That was poo pooed by Rodgers.. You may not see Jennings like numbers on Sunday as Jordy, or whmnever may be the target... We have a lot to choose from

passtheSALSA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers spreads the ball... There has been several games where he has thrown to 10 different wr's.... 1 game it may be Jennings, 1 game it may be Finley... That was brought up earlier in the year when Jones was not targeted... That was poo pooed by Rodgers.. You may not see Jennings like numbers on Sunday as Jordy, or whmnever may be the target... We have a lot to choose from
No question about that, I know you have lots of weapons, but so do we. WRs are a push, you have the advantage at TE

RandyM

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Eli also hold the record for most 4th qtr TD passes breaking the record held Johnny Untias & Payton Manning.
He is an Elite QB. Oh ya be beat Beat Brady 66% of the time when they played head to head.
http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/player/_/stat/passing/sort/quarterbackRating/seasontype/2

I may be confussed lol... But these stats tell a different story.. What about picks? Td passes, qb rating

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

Another one that forgets something..Please compare properly...

Rodgers has 87 less att....and 290 less yards...Hmmmmmmmmmmm 290 yards and was 87 atts less, and your going to brag?

Rodgers missed ONE FULL GAME....Eli didnt..And I am pretty damn sure Eli didnt sit out to much..rodgers sat out full quarters

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/player/_/stat/passing/sort/passingYards/seasontype/2

Eli--308 yards per game

Rodgers--310 per game

Eli had 16 ints, Rodgers? 6

Eli 29 tds
Rodgers 45 (with missing lot more time then Eli)

The 4th q stat on TD is awesome, something that is truly excellent..

But go ahead..Hang your hat on YARDS, I will take TDs and less ints for the season