Official Gameday Thread: Packers @ Eagles - 9/12

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Prediction for the game guys?

Warren Sapp and Phil Sims picked the pack to win.

Kolb should have a tough day, and philly will realize that McNabb was alot better than they gave him credit for.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The first injury report of the year is out and the Packers are very healthy. Desmond Bishop (hamstring), Bryan Bulaga (hip), Cullen Jenkins (calf), Brad Jones (shoulder), Clay Matthews (hamstring) were all full participants. CB Brandon Underwood (shoulder) was listed as limited but he was not on the field during the portion open to the media. LB Brady Poppinga (knee) did not participate.

"Brady showed up to work today with some inflammation on his knee, so we held him out of practice. I am hopeful that he will be ready to go tomorrow. It’s just something that kind of flared up on him this morning," coach Mike McCarthy said.
Poppinga said the issue was superficial, just on the skin and would be taken care of in short order.

McCarthy on Underwood: "He feels good. He had the opportunity to work with the harness for his shoulder injury and we’ll see how he is in the morning. He has really picked it up in the rehab and he feels like he is making a lot of progress. We haven’t ruled him out yet."

Of course, the Packers' health pales in comparison to the Eagles, who didn't list one player. Don't know if I've ever seen that before.

McCarthy on the youth on defense: "We’re young and we have some experience being young. You just really focus on getting them ready. Morgan Burnett has done a very good job in his time here, and I feel he is ready to go. Sam Shields has done a very good job. He has been getting better in every practice and he needs to play."

On Eagles WR DeSean Jackson: "Well, he’s dynamic, there’s no question about that. Just watching him on the punt return. He’s a special player. He’s very special when he gets the ball in his hands. It’s important for us to play to our leverage and play to techniques that fit the scheme, and do not get outside of that. He’s definitely someone that we have to be aware of at all times."

Eagles QB Kevin Kolb on communication with Aaron Rodgers: "Yeah, Aaron and I have exchanged some text messages and he's about as bad at answering his phone as I am so we haven't touched base on a call yet, but I've taken a lot from Aaron, and I followed his position and his situation for a long time, all the way from the beginning because I knew that once I got drafted here it could be a similar situation for me. I mean, he texted me one day and said, 'Man, I'm a fan of yours.' He has no idea how much of a fan of him I am because of what I got to see him go through and the way he handled all the adversity. He always took it back to football and didn't get caught up in it. And the thing I liked the most was he always was confident and trusted himself. And when you're a quarterback in the NFL, that's the one thing you pick out of all of them is when it was rough, they just trusted what they did, they trusted in their own ability and they pulled out of it. So that's one of the big things I have taken from him."

via JS online

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Green Bay 24, Philadelphia 17

Opening day in Philly is not going to be easy. Maybe I'm underestimating the Pack badly, we'll see.

Rodgers goes 330yards, 2TDs, 0 INT
Kolb goes 220yards, 1TD, 1 INT

Finley looks like a beast.

VolvoD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
GB 31
Filthadelphia 13

My best friend will be at this game, he is a philly fan. I met someone last week from Green Bay going to this game, I will look for both of them on TV haha.

Eagles suck!!!

vegasdan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packer 31 Philly 23

Rodgers gets 2 sacks after Capers realizes AR can do anything so he puts him in at LOLB.

Finley - 7 rec 104 yds 2 tds

SpartaChris

Cheesehead
Reaction score
FWIW, we haven't beaten Philly in Philly for 43 years or something insane like that.

TampaPacMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't see the Pack winning this game. The secondary is a real weakness right now,and the Eagles strength is in their receiving corps. The NFL is all about match-ups, and I see the birds winning this one. Make it Eagles 35-31 in a shoot-out.

DergaSmash

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers 31-Eagles 21

Just because the Eagles WRs are dynamic doesn't mean Kolb can get them the ball every time. I see Capers confusing Kolb, keeping him in check.

Rodgers-310 yards passing, 30 yards rushing, 2 TD passing,
Grant-97 yards 1 TD
Matthews strip sacks Kolb and Zombo takes it to the house for the 4th Green Bay TD

Kolb-240 yards passing, 1 TD, 1 Int, 1 fumble lost

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
we have 3 guys in the secondary that are looking to make a pick. Kolb better be on point if he wants to get out with a W

PackerFan87

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah I've never seen a hail merry play work myself :X

NFL Top 10 luckiest plays! [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBr8ItDt4Hs]YouTube - NFL TOP TEN LUCKIEST PLAYS[/ame]

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score

PackerManLV

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think if we get off to a fast on o and d meaning setting the tempo early we win easily. I think if kolb gets confidence in the game it will be a shoot out and it's anyones game from there. IMO

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Should be a good game. Reid is a competent coach and will have his team ready to play, unlike Childress.

Members online

Latest posts