Official Gameday Thread: Packers @ Eagles - 9/12

KilrB

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I thought it was a great move at the time.

Was there people complaining? I dont remember

21dmvp21

Cheesehead
Reaction score
people thinking rodgers having a 110 passer rating every game is nuts. he is HUMAN and he was a bit jittery and excited. the past 3 years he has not played very well in the opener. every QB in the league has a bad game once in a while. to expect the offense to be clickin on all cylinders in ever game is insane. this is the first game where the whole team played together since really the playoff game last year. they were rusty. but it shows alot about this team that even in a hostile and i repeat hostile enviroment to get a victory even when the offense played like crap. just think if the packers are firing on all cylinders on both O and D and ST. they will be unstopable.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We weren't passing more bc our OLine would not hold up for more than 2 seconds before collapse!

Yeah, the OL troubles are back. I think that was the biggest weakness out there. I thought they got that straightened out last year. Guess not. I'm kind of dreading facing Peppers, Suh, and Jared Allen now. Ugh.......

Gonna be sack-o-matic if they don't get this **** fix. Maybe Rodgers was hanging onto the ball too long, but it sure didn't seem like it.

Our O-Line needs to step up if we ever have a chance to (beat) the vikes with or with out their Old Man at QB.
I agree with you guys 100%.
It was like a time trip back watching 2009 all over again!
Where was Baluga?
Where was the O-line we saw in pre-season?
They need to get it together and fast. :thumbsup:

Emperor_Xyn

Cheesehead
Reaction score
people thinking rodgers having a 110 passer rating every game is nuts. he is HUMAN and he was a bit jittery and excited. the past 3 years he has not played very well in the opener. every QB in the league has a bad game once in a while. to expect the offense to be clickin on all cylinders in ever game is insane. this is the first game where the whole team played together since really the playoff game last year. they were rusty. but it shows alot about this team that even in a hostile and i repeat hostile enviroment to get a victory even when the offense played like crap. just think if the packers are firing on all cylinders on both O and D and ST. they will be unstopable.

Amen man, I fell into that too. I expected an easy game too. Only because I was so excited for football to start and I know we have a superbowl team.

I guess it just kicks in the possablity we may lose to another team although every season I will hope for a perfect season. I just hope I see one from the Packers in my lifetime.

T

The_Ohioan_Cheesehead

Apperently Grant has a Ankle Sprain. Thats better news than what it could be.

John-a-tron

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Aaron Rodgers said:
“I played terrible, probably about as bad as I can play, so that’s a good thing (that we still won). Gotta get better. Missed a lot of throws … that I make in my sleep, so I’m disappointed about that."

His honesty pleases me, he even had an O-line he could have blamed too. Such a good attitude, he'll step up for sure!

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Yeah, Rodgers is a true leader, he takes the blame even though there was some to spread around on the O-line. That has to make his teammates love him and want to play better.

VolvoD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
smply put, this was a week 1 game. it wasnt the best looking win, BUT ITS A WIN. we are 1-0 and the vikings are 0-1. thats good enough.

we looked ugly against the bears season opener last year, but came out to a pretty darn good season.

...having said that, the O-line needs to step up in a big way from now on!

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know I am coming in here all late, but I have to say I am still pumped about this win! If it helps anyone to know, the Eaglets are in shambles right now. We've got multiple injuries and a hole in our defensive line that my grandmother could walk through carrying a platter of philly cheese steaks, unchecked. Not to mention Kolb. They are still whining about that and now they are trying to get a quarterback controversy started. The Packers beating the Eagles at home was like vindication for me. Watching Vick score touchdowns for what was once MY team made me want to hurl. I don't think I'll ever forgive the Eagles for signing him and they still aren't any closer to winning the SB. This win may not be the prettiest but it was a win nonetheless. I think a lot of the preseason hype and linking the Pack to the SB before the season even started probably put a lot of unrealistic expectations on a team that is growing, and growing stronger. Sometimes when expectations are set too high and they are not met, it results in disappointment that may have little or nothing to do with the actual state of the team. I personally believe that given everyone is healthy and on their game, then therefore I foresee no reason this team not to be a contender. I have such faith in this team, even if they don't win it all, my team they shall remain.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Kitten, how did you come to be a Packer fan?

Reggie White. I loved him as an Eagle, he is and remains my favourite player for all of time. When he became a Packer he took my heart all the way to Green Bay. I've remained a Green Bay fan after him. I don't know how to explain it but I just kind of like the Pack better than the Eagles.

Well it's official, Vick is going to get the start for the Eagles against the Lions. I hope at least they can beat the Lions as it will help the Pack in the division. Kolb's bell must still be ringing. They don't mess around with concussions anymore.

Mushroom

Packer Owner/Shareholder
Reaction score
Reggie White. I loved him as an Eagle, he is and remains my favourite player for all of time. When he became a Packer he took my heart all the way to Green Bay. I've remained a Green Bay fan after him. I don't know how to explain it but I just kind of like the Pack better than the Eagles.
Sounds good to me.
I was lucky enough to be at the game (vs Cleveland) that they retired his # at. Still have my unopened Reggie White figurine/statue.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's awesome man! I remember watching that on TV in Philly, and what can I say without embarrassing myself. I cried like a baby. I think I cried more then when the Pack won the SB.

Members online

Latest posts