Official Gameday Thread: Packers @ Eagles - 9/12

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A reality check....

Even though some of us, myself included, are very excited about the Packers this year.
And even though the Eagles don't have Donovan McNabb anymore.
Let's not forget that the Eagles are NFL pro athletes and that anything can happen.
So don't get too overconfident or cocky that it's a sure thing the Packers will win.
Oh sure, the odds are with them and they probably are favored.
Just don't let that get to your head too much.
Any given Sunday, ya know.

P.S. Since the Eagles have that dog killer, Michael ***** (Why the NFL let him back in is beyond me. Shouldn't they have rules about letting convicted felons play?) I especially really really want the Pack to win this one. :superman:

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
FRIDAY UPDATE

• LB Desmond Bishop (hamstring) did not participate and is QUESTIONABLE;
  • LT Chad Clifton (knee), did not participate (normal Friday rest) and is probable;
  • DE Cullen Jenkins (calf) went full and is probable;
  • LB Brad Jones (shoulder) went full and is probable;
  • S Derrick Martin (ankle) did not participate and is probable
  • LB Clay Matthews (hamstring) was full and probable;
  • DE Mike Neal (abdomen) did not participate and is QUESTIONABLE;
  • LB Brady Poppinga (knee) was limited and is probable;
  • CB Brandon Underwood (shoulder) did not participate and is OUT.
  • CB Charles Woodson (toe) was limited and is probable.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Jesus we got a lot of injuries on the D and the season hasn't even started. WOW.

Toe for Woodson. don't tell me he has turf toe again. Ugh...

No injuries on the Iggles side.

VolvoD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
FRIDAY UPDATE

• LB Desmond Bishop (hamstring) did not participate and is QUESTIONABLE;
  • LT Chad Clifton (knee), did not participate (normal Friday rest) and is probable;
  • DE Cullen Jenkins (calf) went full and is probable;
  • LB Brad Jones (shoulder) went full and is probable;
  • S Derrick Martin (ankle) did not participate and is probable
  • LB Clay Matthews (hamstring) was full and probable;
  • DE Mike Neal (abdomen) did not participate and is QUESTIONABLE;
  • LB Brady Poppinga (knee) was limited and is probable;
  • CB Brandon Underwood (shoulder) did not participate and is OUT.
  • CB Charles Woodson (toe) was limited and is probable.

**********ER:censored:

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Good thing is everyone is probable except 1 I would say that they will play :D

Yeah, but even if they play, if they are banged up, how effective will they be? This is my biggest concern for the season, our D. Our Secondary is just the biggest question mark ever!!! You better believe Philly saw the Wild Card game and will go after our Secondary. We better get some pass rush or this game is going to be another shoot out.

Next year, regardless, we should draft about 3 CB and 4 Safeties. Sick of this shizz. Yeah, I know that's unrealistic, we need another solid right tackle for the future and God knows what else.

Starting to have doubts and think TT should have gone after Peppers. He might have put this D over the top. Although I say that I have no idea if Peppers even played 3-4 before so maybe I'm talking out of my ***. Chicago bet the farm on him.

OP
OP
ivo610

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Comments from coach Mike McCarthy:

Woodson's toe is the old injury, he jammed it near the end of practice. Just being cautious. Sent him up to the training room.
On cornerbacks: "Well, Brandon's not ready yet. Knowing Woodson, he'll be out there ready to go. Really liked the work Tramon and Sam and Patrick have had."
"We expect special teams to be a big part of the outcome of this game, there's no question. DeSean Jackson is a gifted player....We expect to be challenged on special teams."
"I probably didn't spend enough meeting time, practice time on special teams" in the past.
On Neal: "Harrell is ready to go and will be up. Mike Neal, we'll give him every opportunity. He'll be a game-time decision. He had a really good training camp."
Martin was also rest, after his off-season ankle surgery.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Comments from coach Mike McCarthy:

Woodson's toe is the old injury, he jammed it near the end of practice. Just being cautious. Sent him up to the training room.
On cornerbacks: "Well, Brandon's not ready yet. Knowing Woodson, he'll be out there ready to go. Really liked the work Tramon and Sam and Patrick have had."
"We expect special teams to be a big part of the outcome of this game, there's no question. DeSean Jackson is a gifted player....We expect to be challenged on special teams."
"I probably didn't spend enough meeting time, practice time on special teams" in the past.
On Neal: "Harrell is ready to go and will be up. Mike Neal, we'll give him every opportunity. He'll be a game-time decision. He had a really good training camp."
Martin was also rest, after his off-season ankle surgery.
Why disclose or discuss anything at all?
Won't this give the opposing team things to prepare for?
What about the element of surprise?

If I were a coach I wouldn't say nuthin about our teams weaknesses.
Sure, I'd be labeled a ****** by the media, maybe even by a few fans, but so what?
I would do whatever it takes to win which would include not exposing anything to opposing teams. :snack:

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We really need, want big Mike Neal in there.
Really, he is the only big improvement TT made to this whole pass defense.

We have Burnett for Bigby, might be some young hiccups.
He didn't draft or sign any CB or OLB.

Raw Sam Shields will make some mistakes for sure as he's so inexperienced period. I like him but.

Mike Neal was the solution to the pass rush weakness. He takes Johnny Jolly's spot. TT and MM told us that the DL interior is where our better pass rush has to come from.

And I love what I have seen of Neal. Heal up Neal!

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Why disclose or discuss anything at all?
Won't this give the opposing team things to prepare for?
What about the element of surprise?

If I were a coach I wouldn't say nuthin about our teams weaknesses.
Sure, I'd be labeled a ****** by the media, maybe even by a few fans, but so what?
I would do whatever it takes to win which would include not exposing anything to opposing teams. :snack:

Basically you'd be Bill Belichick then. Also have to steal signals from the other teams as well and get a cut down hoody. :)

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers 38 Philly 17
or
Packers 17 Philly 14
or
something like that.....

Philly has a solid defense, but I think our defense will outplay their offense for the win.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
I think it will be a close one. But it is time to break that jinx (haven't won there since '63). Packers win in a shootout. I can't guess at a score but I think it will be high scoring on both sides.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Basically you'd be Bill Belichick then. Also have to steal signals from the other teams as well and get a cut down hoody. :)
I certainly wouldn't cheat like Billacheat.

I was just thinking that disclosing injury info is somehow not beneficial and will give the other team an edge? :pardon:

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
BOB McGINN: No trip to Philly is ever nice, but the Packers are making it at an ideal time. Kevin Kolb has enough skill and smarts to become an adequate starter. But based on the way Kolb was slow reacting against vanilla exhibition defenses, he sure isn't one now. Dom Capers has the wherewithal to make Kolb's debut a nightmare.
TOM SILVERSTEIN: In the NFL, it comes down to talent. The Packers have more talent than the Eagles and they should win the game. The thing that will make the game interesting is whether the Eagles can rattle the Packers with their blitz. The Packers will play it safe on defense, but they'll be ready to attack on offense. Packers 24, Eagles 14.
MICHAEL HUNT: I'll bet an entire Milwaukee skyline against one William Penn-topped Philly city hall that the Kolb-McNabb swap won't hold quite like Rodgers-Favre. Packers 31, Eagles 21.
GREG A. BEDARD: On paper the Packers should bust loose against an Eagles team that is still working through some things on the offensive line and on defense. Paper isn't worth much, especially in season openers when the unexpected usually occurs. Eagles 23, Packers 20.
LORI NICKEL: The Eagles have won five of the last six, but maybe this is the year the Packers finally win one in Philadelphia. Everybody's cover boy, Aaron Rodgers, played so well in the preseason there's so reason to suspect he can't keep it up in the opener. Packers 28, Eagles 17.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Everybody's cover boy, Aaron Rodgers, played so well in the preseason there's so reason to suspect he can't keep it up in the opener.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Bingo!

packman_gb

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Our team is build to be the team of the decade, I feel it, I know it, and we could go over the Pats' last decade!!! G-FORCE is in the house...HIGH HOPES :D!!!

packman_gb

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Kolb will strugle, Aaron strugled in his first year loosing 7 games under the last 4 min. of the game to maximum or less than 4points, but Aarons' 2nd year was awsemon, and he is at full-tilt this year, he knows what the NFL is all about, and for the next 10years, it's his time. As for Kolb, we shall see what he has in that full tank of his, if it's good quality5star player, or an ordinary QB. But you are right we have more than philly, and this is a sure game "W" for us, the only problem is the score :D.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Wonder how many Pack fans will be in the stands. I dunno why I just thought about that. LOL

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
I certainly wouldn't cheat like Billacheat.

I was just thinking that disclosing injury info is somehow not beneficial and will give the other team an edge? :pardon:

You know I think it kind of helps us. Put all the players with even a scratch on the injury report to make the other side think your banged up. Then come out and roll over em.