Official Game Day Thread: Packers @ Cardinals 1/10: LOSE 51 - 45

robdog

Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here it is folks, what the whole season boils down too. Either win or go home, you know the drill.

If our Packers can put together the same game plan they did last week against these guys, I like our chances.

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh, how I hope the gods of match-up's weren't toying with me mind when I watched Green Bay dismantle Arizona in the pre-season and last week.

I think it's safe to assume the game will be much closer, but how much closer? Arizona's only chance is to provide constant pressure on Rodgers. They did it against Minnesota with ease - so it's tough to figure out why they laid an egg last week - UNLESS - it was a half-hearted attempt, which is possible considering the Cards had nothing play for by kick-off.

If Arizona can attack Green Bay's defense like Minnesota did, it could get ugly early. But, that's a large "if".

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Arizona is a very inconsistent team. The dominated the Vikings while struggling against the 49ers and the Panthers. They even lost a close game with the Titans. So it all depends which Arizona team shows up for this Sunday. My guess is that the fired up 2008 Cardinals will resurge once again and hope that the Packers momentum is enough to overcome them.

+RAY+

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree with PackersRS. Also, The Bungles over The NYets and The Cheatriots over The Gayvens.

KilrB

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PHI wins over DAL.

Interesting prediction. Its hard to imagine though. Unless Andy Reid was just messing with the Cowboys and lost on purpose when he had a chance for the #2 seed its hard to imagine that the Cowboys wont tear them up again

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Interesting prediction. Its hard to imagine though. Unless Andy Reid was just messing with the Cowboys and lost on purpose when he had a chance for the #2 seed its hard to imagine that the Cowboys wont tear them up again

It's a horrible playoff season for me this year in terms of "feel" for the games. 35% of any given Sunday match-up lately has made no sense at all. It's also a ***** because some teams were blessed with cupcake schedules like Green Bay and Minnesota, and some had just brutal schedules, like the Bungles.

Nothing would make me happier (not half as much as it would make the NFL happy) than Philly and Green Bay winning, but what are the odds of that, since both are road warriors?

ThinkICare

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Green Bay will win, but it will be close. I actually do think the Packers playing the Cards last week will have some affect on how well both teams play. I don't know how much it will affect the outcome, but I don't think it should be looked over.

bad93ex

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers are gonna easily handle the Cards setting up Favre vs. Pack III.

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I agree with PackersRS. Also, The Bungles over The NYets and The Cheatriots over The Gayvens.
You guys never run out of fun and creative ways for other team names.
I love it!
Someone else posted The Crudnels. That's a good one. LOAL

PackerManLV

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hope we are clicking on all cylinders come Sunday. I will be there repin that green and gold.

Recursive

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think this game will easily be ours if we can put pressure on Warner and cause some turnovers like the 9er's did a few weeks ago. Regardless of the outcome, we've gotta be proud of this team. I was watching NFL Network the other night and they were discussing which team will be THE team of the new decade. Green Bay was discussed as one of only two, and I for one am confident that prediction will come true. Regardless of a win this weekend, GB's future is the brightest in the league (as long as we can hold on to key guys and keep them healthy) and I think we are in for many many more playoff appearances.

KilrB

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You guys never run out of fun and creative ways for other team names.
I love it!
Someone else posted The Crudnels. That's a good one. LOAL

You been to Packer Palace?

You will find some the best there!

Great Site too!

Packer Palace - Beam Into The Alternate Universe of the Green Bay Packers

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

And every week they have a funny skit:
The Rockwood Lodge Total Archive

OneHotelFoxtrot

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think our chances are very good. I think straight up we are the better team. GO PACK GO!!!!!!!!! :viksux::chisux::detsux:

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You been to Packer Palace?

You will find some the best there!

Great Site too!

Packer Palace - Beam Into The Alternate Universe of the Green Bay Packers

And every week they have a funny skit:
The Rockwood Lodge Total Archive
Those are good. And man what a crazy site.

Here's some different logo ideas.
What if NFL teams updated their logos to mirror their performance on the field? Page 2 offers its suggestions. - ESPN

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anybody slightly worried, though? I mean I haven't heard ONE talking head or writer pick Arizona yet and I've been searching feverishly.

I've learned from the past that when this happens, keep your head on a swivel and don't get lulled to sleep thinking all is *****-dory. I'm beginning to smell a BIG, FAT RAT.

cantstop12to85

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anybody slightly worried, though? I mean I haven't heard ONE talking head or writer pick Arizona yet and I've been searching feverishly.

I've learned from the past that when this happens, keep your head on a swivel and don't get lulled to sleep thinking all is *****-dory. I'm beginning to smell a BIG, FAT RAT.

The only thing Im worried about is that the team may take that week as a sign that this week will be easy and thats not the case. the cards werent trying to win at all last week and this games gonna end up a whole lot closer. But if, like Hauschild said, we keep our head on a swivel and realized what we're fighting for then we have a real good chance at taking victory.

Members online

Latest posts