Official Game Day Thread: 49ers @ Packers 11/22: WIN 30 - 24

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes, it's legal to push the pile forward. It used to be illegal but they got rid of that rule years ago.

The Crabtree TD was a pushoff, and the kick off return that setup the 2nd TD there were 2 blocks in the back. No flags. That hurt us.

When will the Pack learn we generate 0 pass rush with 4 linemen. Any NFL QB will rip a D apart with no pass rush. We don't have the players that can generate the rush in a vanilla D. Pack should just have followed the Dallas gameplan on D all 4 quarters. We seemed to do that in the 1st half. Why mess with something that ain't broke.
We didn't have Harris and Kampman. I get that.

However, we already used the "4 man rush prevent" against Minnesota, and it didn't work.

That's simply not an option to use. Enough, Capers.

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
The Crabtree TD was a pushoff
I noticed that too. I thought it was plain as day, and there was a ref right on top of the play. I kept expecting him to throw a flag, and instead he signaled touchdown. And then Billick went on and on about how nice a play Crabtree just made.

It was like the refs didn't want to call offensive pass interference on consecutive plays.

JeffQuery

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
..more "Home Cookin'" on that last drive for the Packers...a bad spot and a fumble that wasn't called.....

Packers got "lucky" on that one...but it was the 49ers....

You won't be so lucky after next week...

Quientus

Oenophile
Reaction score
We didn't have Harris and Kampman. I get that.

However, we already used the "4 man rush prevent" against Minnesota, and it didn't work.

That's simply not an option to use. Enough, Capers.

It's one thing to draw up a "Perfect Scheme", however it's an entirely different matter to apply those to your personnel, especially if your personnel isn't capable of executing it ...

What you are asking for is virtually impossible, given the overall talent so far on the defensive side (in terms of the 3-4 scheme) on this seasons Packers team ...

I think it's time you perhaps look further when you want to play the "blame game" ...

It once looked pretty promising for this Packers team (and in terms of making the wild card, the Packers are still in there ... however alot can change come the game against Baltimore ...), but in this 2nd season after Favre, the Packers so far are simply (seemingly) not anyhing but an "above average" team, that get's the wins they are supposed to (with the Dallas game being the sole exception so far), against teams that are struggling, and losing to the "contenders" ...

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I noticed that too. I thought it was plain as day, and there was a ref right on top of the play. I kept expecting him to throw a flag, and instead he signaled touchdown. And then Billick went on and on about how nice a play Crabtree just made.

It was like the refs didn't want to call offensive pass interference on consecutive plays.
Singletary was complaining to the refs in the first half that the packers were holding... He clearly had an influence in them...

If a player does that, he gets fined for 10K. Do you think Singletary will get fined?

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's one thing to draw up a "Perfect Scheme", however it's an entirely different matter to apply those to your personnel, especially if your personnel isn't capable of executing it ...

What you are asking for is virtually impossible, given the overall talent so far on the defensive side (in terms of the 3-4 scheme) on this seasons Packers team ...

I think it's time you perhaps look further when you want to play the "blame game" ...

It once looked pretty promising for this Packers team (and in terms of making the wild card, the Packers are still in there ... however alot can change come the game against Baltimore ...), but in this 2nd season after Favre, the Packers so far are simply (seemingly) not anyhing but an "above average" team, that get's the wins they are supposed to (with the Dallas game being the sole exception so far), against teams that are struggling, and losing to the "contenders" ...
Did you watch the freaking game? Or did you just catch it in the second half?

But hey, to think that it's the coaches, and not the players, compromises the theory that TT is satan, right?

Zeppelinelite51

Cheesehead
Reaction score

oh thtats right I forgot that Favre plays defense and Favre is on special teams.. man thats why we arent successful anymore.. dammit if only he would come back so we could have all those holes filled all over the field

:viksux::chisux::detsux:

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
oh thtats right I forgot that Favre plays defense and Favre is on special teams.. man thats why we arent successful anymore.. dammit if only he would come back so we could have all those holes filled all over the field

:viksux::chisux::detsux:
The funnier thing is that he's got a clear agenda in every post, yet he accuses me of having premeditated intentions... Vikings fans, go figure!

ThinkICare

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Okay Quientus, that gave me a good laugh. I think a lot of us has established that the 07 season was a very lucky run with the talent we had. To think right now that we would be so much better with Brent as our QB is ridiculous. Like Zeppelinelite said, we've been having some serious problems on the O-Line, Defense, and Special Teams.

Quientus

Oenophile
Reaction score
Did you watch the freaking game? Or did you just catch it in the second half?

But hey, to think that it's the coaches, and not the players, compromises the theory that TT is satan, right?

Yep I watched the entire game ... - Question is ... did you ?

LOL ... I've never said that TT is "satan" ... - I'm just pointing out that considering what the coaching staff has to work with, I think they are doing a pretty good job so far ... And they have proven it numerous times, - yet it is people and fans like you that only want to credit the players when the team wins, and blame the coaching when the same team loses, irrelevant of facts ...

You can't rail on McCarthy at this point, without railing on TT, because McCarthy has already proven that he is a pretty good coach ...

If you think the Dallas game was a fluke (defensive wise), then you have also got to question the players "mindset" about this team as a whole, where as if you really believe that the (defensive) coach is lacking - then you will also have to acknowledge again that the players are playing way too inconsistenly for that to hold any merit ...

Case in point;

If the players are as talented as alot of experts are saying, then why is it that is has been a "roller coaster" ride so far this season ?

It's not as black and white as you want it to be ... - Never is in life, and certainly not in the NFL ... - Perhaps it's time to face facts ... And just take it for what it is so far this season ...

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yep I watched the entire game ... - Question is ... did you ?

LOL ... I've never said that TT is "satan" ... - I'm just pointing out that considering what the coaching staff has to work with, I think they are doing a pretty good job so far ... And they have proven it numerous times, - yet it is people and fans like you that only want to credit the players when the team wins, and blame the coaching when the same team loses, irrelevant of facts ...

You can't rail on McCarthy at this point, without railing on TT, because McCarthy has already proven that he is a pretty good coach ...

If you think the Dallas game was a fluke (defensive wise), then you have also got to question the players "mindset" about this team as a whole, where as if you really believe that the (defensive) coach is lacking - then you will also have to acknowledge again that the players are playing way too inconsistenly for that to hold any merit ...

Case in point;

If the players are as talented as alot of experts are saying, then why is it that is has been a "roller coaster" ride so far this season ?

It's not as black and white as you want it to be ... - Never is in life, and certainly not in the NFL ... - Perhaps it's time to face facts ... And just take it for what it is so far this season ...
You know what??? You're right.

I tend to generalize, and not pinpoint. Also, instead of showing why I'm complaining about, I philosophy...

I'm sorry, you're right, and everybody agrees with you. :happy0005:

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
..more "Home Cookin'" on that last drive for the Packers...a bad spot and a fumble that wasn't called.....

Packers got "lucky" on that one...but it was the 49ers....

You won't be so lucky after next week...
Are you talking about the QB sneak? How in god's green earth did you see a fumble? I don't even remember them showing anything. And if they did, it was a QB sneak, there's never conclusive evidence in those.

Are you just assuming it was a fumble because of your hatred for Rodgers or something?

I will agree that the spot on the Jackson run wasn't good, though.

Regarding "you won't be so lucky after next week", you aren't a Packer fan, are you? You're sort of like forum ******. You flare up every now and then to annoy us, and then you go away when things are good.

Quientus

Oenophile
Reaction score
Maybe the team should be watching the Bengals @ Oakland game as part of preparation to Thanksgiving Matchup against the Lions ...

- Probably the biggest upset of the week ...

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Maybe the team should be watching the Bengals @ Oakland game as part of preparation to Thanksgiving Matchup against the Lions ...

- Probably the biggest upset of the week ...
I think Oakland takes some weeks off to play real only in primetime... Almost won against the Chargers in week 1, won against the Eagles in a night game, now against Cincy...

But hey, some people actually predicted it, taking as base the Eagles game, and the fact that the Bengals just came from 2 really though, stressful divisional games.

I thought it was a fairly easy game for the bengals, and they played a lot better, but turned the ball over too many times... Benson wasn't the reason they didn't win, as they run the ball well. And I don't think they took it lightly, either... But they weren't concentrated at every snap, as they were against Baltimore and Pittsburgh.

bad93ex

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hope so. Not that I particularly like the blue and gold, but more because it'd be nice to see them in something different for once. Lol.
The packers really can't do much in that dept. since their jersey's haven't changed much over the past few decades.

ThinkICare

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That brings up an interesting question. Will they ever change the packers uniforms to look more modern? They are one of the original NFL teams, but I don't know how it's decided.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That brings up an interesting question. Will they ever change the packers uniforms to look more modern? They are one of the original NFL teams, but I don't know how it's decided.
I really hope not. There was one guy this year that "sugested" some logo changes... I expect the Packers to remain the same Green and Gold, G logo!

Jess

Movement!
Reaction score
I hope not. The Packer uniforms are classic. They should never change. Same can be said for teams like Pittsburgh, Dallas, Chicago, Indy, and Oakland.

I wouldn't, however, object to the Packers wearing some sort of alternate once a year. I'm thinking the green jersey with green pants.

Green_Bay_Packers

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hope not. The Packer uniforms are classic. They should never change. Same can be said for teams like Pittsburgh, Dallas, Chicago, Indy, and Oakland.

I wouldn't, however, object to the Packers wearing some sort of alternate once a year. I'm thinking the green jersey with green pants.

I think thats too much Green tbh

Members online

Latest posts