Packers vs Steelers Game Thread: Steel is hard Edition

RicFlairoftheNFL

Cheesehead
Reaction score
can’t wait to have someone explain to me how those two INTs were actually great decisions and perfectly accurate passes and “well so-and-so other QB threw picks sometimes too”
Did you see Christian Watson trying to catch either one?

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
Cannot wrap my head around how folks cannot see progression in Love and how the mistakes that plague this team are not solved with a different QB.

I fresh out of understanding.
They don't want to see his progression. They are the silent ones in the game thread when the offense is moving the chains and scoring.

Firethorn1001

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They don't want to see his progression.

I don't question his mental progression, but I question the progression on his accuracy. Way too many low balls or balls that the WR/TE needs to contort or jump up to catch and not enough throws where the receiver can cleanly run with the ball.

His faith in Watson is not being returned by Watson though.

RicFlairoftheNFL

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't question his mental progression, but I question the progression on his accuracy. Way too many low balls or balls that the WR/TE needs to contort or jump up to catch and not enough throws where the receiver can cleanly run with the ball.

His faith in Watson is not being returned by Watson though.
Even this has been better over the last 2 weeks, and trust me prior to that I was screaming about it

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
can’t wait to have someone explain to me how those two INTs were actually great decisions and perfectly accurate passes and “well so-and-so other QB threw picks sometimes too”

Can’t wait for someone to pretend like the final one literally was going to have to be a forced throw or a toss up and pray.

The tipped one I have to wait and see the tape and see if bad choice, good throw and better defense or what.

Old Guy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Can’t wait for someone to pretend like the final one literally was going to have to be a forced throw or a toss up and pray.

The tipped one I have to wait and see the tape and see if bad choice, good throw and better defense or what.
The pass was behind. But it is futility. He is too close to the sideline and will not be in bounds. He is not strong enough to ward defenders off yet. He was tossed around like a rag doll on that play. Stop repeating what has not worked and expecting a different outcome. Isn't that the definition of insanity.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You are what your record says you are.
In that case, 3-6 sounds about right.

I'm ready to move on from Love. He just can't make all the throws to cover the field.
I think we have to give him this season to learn on the job. Throw in how young the team is and there are going to be some growing pains. I'm a little concerned that if they all grow up together, who is going to teach them to win? You know what they say about losing becoming a habit.

Reaction score
You know what they say about losing becoming a habit.
Is it just me or the lack of football talent this year in the NFL when I see all those loser teams.
How about NY losing to Dallas Sunday?

About Love, watch us trade him to another team next year and he lights their scoreboard up.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That was the most pathetic call I've seen in some time. It's one of the calls a ref will NEVER make it seems. I mean, we all saw the same camera angle that the NFL gets... it just sucks.
All they have to do is see where the ball leaves the QBs hand and then where it touches the receiver's hands. Sure looked backward.

Reaction score
It was a lateral and even the Steelers Sideline was all snickering about that favorable call. Although the Booth Doesn’t like to overturn a call (Ruled a dead play and loss of down) unless it’s 100% conclusive and it was only a backwards pass by about 1 foot from the QB’s arm motion, thus understandably not definitive

Last edited:

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Horrible throw by Love. Horrible play call. What was Jordan thinking. And a real dirty shot by us.

Good effort overall and the lateral/incomplete call made the difference. As well as the blocked PAT...
If you don't want to get hit then go down after the interception. I am glad Tom showed his frustration and hit him. The Packers are too soft. I do feel bad that their coach on the sidelines took the worst of it.

Schultz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes, this is a 5 win team. Put a good qb on this team and it wins 9 to 10 games. I'm ready to move on from Love. He just can't make all the throws to cover the field. Accuracy tends to decline with distance. WR's drop too many passes, don't make enough contested catches and probably run poor routes so it isn't all Love's fault. That said, since Gute punted on the season by trading Douglas, let's see what the back up qb has to offer?
Put this QB with a good team and I would be interested what he could do.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think it's safe to say, Love has dragged the team down and poor play around him has also contributed to his lack of progress. Both sides of the coin are tarnished.

Reaction score
Love n Co has produced his 2 highest yards performances in his short 10 game start career. Back to back

Out of 10 official starts, Love just turned in his #3 and #1 most passing yards. Today was #1 with a best 284 passing.

Was he mistake free? No. He had about 6 throws that were off target or could’ve been placed slightly better for an easy completion out of 40? Had he connected on 3 of those he’s an easy 300+ passing

Last edited:

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
They're young, they've got to have time to improve.
That's the key word: Improve. Many of Gute's high draft picks are showing little improvement from week to week. Wyatt is not showing much improvement in my opinion. Are Watson, Dillon and Myers? Stokes is out of the picture and the third round picks are a disaster. I have no problem having patience when guys are making progress but that doesn't seem to be the case with most of Gute's high draft picks. I really like some of the lower picks, but if the high draft picks bust, you're really looking at a bottom feeder team.

GBowner

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Another sickening part to me is the botched pat attempt. Those should be automatic. That alone cost a chance to tie and go to OT. Who knows what may have happened then. Special teams is still an issue.

Team Ronny

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Another sickening part to me is the botched pat attempt. Those should be automatic. That alone cost a chance to tie and go to OT. Who knows what may have happened then. Special teams is still an issue.
Wasn't necessarily botched Deguera didn’t block his guy..at all. Isn't that like the 2nd time he has done that this year?

Reaction score
Even this has been better over the last 2 weeks, and trust me prior to that I was screaming about it
That is true. If you are truly looking to see improvements after Jordans’ 10 NFL Starts. Everything revolves around what he’s been given.
10 Contests. I don’t count filler performances it’s too small a sample.

1. Last week being his best accuracy performance #1/10 At 77% and his
2. #2/10 best QB rating at 113%
3. Today was his #1/10 career passing yards at a very good 284
passing
4. Last week was his #2/10 largest Win margin (17 pts) and really #1 because we gave up 3pts on a mercy kneel down.

Those are 4 major categories where we are seeing positive signs of growth.

There’s little to zero debate that we were a missed XP from an OT contest imo. This was a respectable performance by Love. Not perfect as we know he’s a work in progress, but very respectable QB performance. If I had to point the largest pie of blame for a loss, I’d say our Defense allowed too many gashing type Run plays that kept keeping our Offense off the field or playing catch up. That’s 2 weeks in a row we were in easy FG range at closing seconds, but weren’t in a position to take the easy points.

Last edited:

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
He'd be currently one of the ten best in the league. Mistakes from both veterans and rookies are making him look a lot worse than he really is.

Members online

Latest posts