Official Game Day Thread: 49ers @ Packers 11/22: WIN 30 - 24

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The packers have finally found some rythm in the offense. My god these short passing plays are actually working!! Another note of conjecture is the offensive line. Are you guys watching Tauscher??! Dude is making the sickest blocks. I hope we keep him around for much longer!

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Nice pushoff by Crabtree. no call. Whatever. GB better not get lazy, there is still a ton of time on the clock.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Great, right after the touchdown, they get a massive run back, and now Al Harris is down and probably out. Game is still a lock but man it got ugly fast. Looks like a knee....ugh

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Yeah, getting carted off is not a good sign. Kamp and Harris. Big losses for us. Back to 2 scores again. This game isn't over now.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
That's a wasted challenge. Game is getting ugly now. Giving this game away

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Huge 1st for Finley! Whoa HUGE RUN by GRANT! BROKE A TACKLE!! Yeah, what is up with the run for 1 on 1st down when you need a TD or FG to put the game away. Granted, you also want to run down the clock, but I think points are more important.

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Man, this game was way too close... ****** me off how conservative we got in the 2nd half. Should have kept up the pressure instead of prevent crud. Gave me a headahe.. Ugh...

A12ROD903

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not sure how I feel about the second half of this game even though its a win.... we suffered some major injuries on D

btw the freakin chiefs just beat the steelers hahahaha

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
McCarthy, almost perfect gameplan. Way to shut me the hell up!

Now, Mr. Capers, I have a whole new thread just for you and that marvelous same four man rush, prevent defense of yours... But viewer discretion is advised.

NYPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
McCarthy, almost perfect gameplan. Way to shut me the hell up!

Now, Mr. Capers, I have a whole new thread just for you and that marvelous same four man rush, prevent defense of yours... But viewer discretion is advised.

LOL dude can't wait to read it. Honestly I thought that Capers got wait too vanilla just like he had when we played the buccaneers. To me this game showed me that the Pack are not learning their lesson from that exact same game. We gave up 14 questionable points in the fourh. On another note, why is Jarret Bush being subbed in so much?? This guy is simply awful in coverage and waaayyy overrated.

ThinkICare

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So, we basically shut down the run game in the 1st half. Only one good run by Gore and that was it. Alex Smith was in a funk, but then was on a roll in the 2nd half due to Capers being too conservative. Barely ever blitzing and not being that creative with the coverage. Seems the Packers do that a lot when they're in a comfortable lead. When will they learn. Great to see Jermichael Finley Back and making some plays.

Jennings was beast in this game. One of my favorite players. McCarthy was a bit conservative in the 3rd quarter too with his play-calling. Penalties really made this game closer then it should have been too. Was it legal for Quinn Johnson to push Rodgers forwards? I didn't think it was, but I'm not sure.

BTW why did we have anyone but Woodson on Vernon Davis? What a horrible decision by Capers.

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He should have been cut 2 or 3 years ago. I have no idea how he keeps making this team.
Jarret Bush compromises the defense, and adds NOTHING to the ST. He's a liability....

And yeah, WTF?You put Charles Woodson on Davis ALL THE WAY! Not only sometimes. Do Capers think it was a coincidence that every time Woodson wasn't on Davis he made a big play?

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Yes, it's legal to push the pile forward. It used to be illegal but they got rid of that rule years ago.

The Crabtree TD was a pushoff, and the kick off return that setup the 2nd TD there were 2 blocks in the back. No flags. That hurt us.

When will the Pack learn we generate 0 pass rush with 4 linemen. Any NFL QB will rip a D apart with no pass rush. We don't have the players that can generate the rush in a vanilla D. Pack should just have followed the Dallas gameplan on D all 4 quarters. We seemed to do that in the 1st half. Why mess with something that ain't broke.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts