NFCCG 2016 -- revenge tour goes to Atlanta!!

D

Deleted member 6794

Just plain stressing!!! How do we stop Julio, Sanu, Gabriel and little talked about Justin Hardy? What do we do if another CB goes down? Do we have to roll without Burnett and play Brice? Don't even get me started about what we do about Freeman+Coleman, probably the best duo in the league! Oh yeah we have Aaron Rodgers...ok I feel better now.

The most efficient way to contain the Falcons offense is to pressure Ryan blitzing defensive backs as Atlanta only ranks 26th in yards gained on those plays. Fortunately Capers dials up the second most such blitzes in the entire league.

If Michael wants to earn himself a contract here in Green Bay this is the game he needs to earn it. We need that quickness through the holes more than ever 2mrw. Pass block and catch your passes Do Your Freakin Job!!!

Unfortunately Michael is questionable with a back injury.

Christine Michael should be fine.

How do you know that???

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I want to be positive, but nothing about this week has been positive. From the multiple receivers being injured, to Michaels popping on the injury report, to the flu going around and now the flight being in 4 hours late. Just seems like it's going to be the Falcons big like 41-20. Don't want it to be, but just seems like the team will be flat and on fumes.

And Quinn is probably a better coach than MM anyway, so that's another thing against us. We weren't as bad as our 4 game losing streak, but we're probably not as good as this 8 game winning streak.

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was stupid enough to go peruse the Falcons forum at
http://boards.atlantafalcons.com/forum/45-talk-about-the-falcons/

I wasn't so down on Atlanta fans, but after reading the **** there they are saying about the Packers, I hope to **** that Rodgers destroys their *** today. I thought Patriots fans were obnoxious, Jesus, just read some of these posts. Here they are for your viewing pleasure:

Here's the "let's put Jordy Nelson into the hospital if he plays thread":

http://boards.atlantafalcons.com/topic/4050399-jordy-nelson-will-play/

Here's the Aaron Rodgers is way overrated thread:

http://boards.atlantafalcons.com/to...-a-winning-record-and-more-fascinating-stats/

Here's the Packers' OL does nothing but hold thread:

http://boards.atlantafalcons.com/to...rfected-the-art-of-getting-away-with-holding/

And another Aaron Rodgers has the flu, let's all clap with glee as we destroy the Packers even more:

http://boards.atlantafalcons.com/to...g-around-green-bay-amd-steelers-locker-rooms/

And believe me, there are more.

No offense to some Falcons posters here, but that board is disgraceful. Some of you mentioned how confident Packer fans were. Well, few if any of us are disrespectful of the other team. Your fans on the other hand....

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

I wasn't so down on Atlanta fans, but after reading the **** there they are saying about the Packers, I hope to **** that Rodgers destroys their *** today. I thought Patriots fans were obnoxious, Jesus, just read some of these posts. Here they are for your viewing pleasure:

http://boards.atlantafalcons.com/to...-a-winning-record-and-more-fascinating-stats/

http://boards.atlantafalcons.com/to...rfected-the-art-of-getting-away-with-holding/

And another Aaron Rodgers has the flu, let's all clap with glee as we destroy the Packers even more:

http://boards.atlantafalcons.com/to...g-around-green-bay-amd-steelers-locker-rooms/

No offense to some Falcons posters here, but that board is disgraceful. Some of you mentioned how confident Packer fans were. Well, few if any of us are disrespectful of the other team. Your fans on the other hand....

Maybe in a few years, they will be used to this winning and act accordingly?

But it's allowed by their mods and who ever else is in charge. Their style, not ours.

Packer Brother

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Things aren't looking good for us. Either Rodgers has a 40-48, 5 TD, minimum 400 yard performance..or we lose. He can't afford any mistakes. Ryan can afford a mistake or two.

Geronimo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers had a very good game in week 8 there, but we still lost. What has to change is either:

A- Defense has to get one+ more stop
B- Rodgers has to play even better
C- Our running game has to be a factor

Last time, Rodgers was our leading rusher.
Today, it's possible that Ty Montgomery has some big runs, as we have seen a few times. I don't know about Michael's back, but we know that guy has explosiveness and power, and is capable of taking one to the house fast as well.

My focus is A- Our defense. How can we play better on defense?
I have full faith in Capers, even though it seems our defense keeps us out of Super Bowls every year.
It wasn't his fault that Sam Shiels dropped game-clinching Ints last year in AZ, or Micah Hyde dropped one 3 years agao on Kaepernick.
It really wasn't Capers fault that his defense getting 4 picks of Russell Wilson wasn't enough.

But his cornerbacks are atrocious, and that's not his fault. Ladarius Gunter would ideally be our #4 CB, instead he's been having to play the role of #1, and battle great ones like Dez, OBJ, and now today Julio. Next game will be Antonio Brown. Those might be the best 4 WR's in the NFL, outside of our own #87, the NFL TD leader.

Clay Matthews & Julius Peppers have been NFL Superstars, and are being paid as such right now.
They have to take over today a la Von Miller & DeMarcus Ware last year. But also, Daniels & Kenny Clark, maybe Dean Lowery & Letroy Guion, have to beat their C/G combos and get into Matt Ryans face early and often.

If he is comfortable back there, he's going to operate on us like a brain surgeon.

Matthews & Peppers (and Nick Perry). These guys are the key players to the game in my opinion. They have the potential to create chaos and get Matty Ice to melt.

FalCANS

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Well, out of hundreds of thousands of fans your going to get posts like that. From Facebook to here (here being a bit better) I could pull similar posts from Packers fans talking about Atlanta. I wouldn't worry too much.

D

Deleted member 6794

Our running game has to be a factor

Last time, Rodgers was our leading rusher.
Today, it's possible that Ty Montgomery has some big runs, as we have seen a few times. I don't know about Michael's back, but we know that guy has explosiveness and power, and is capable of taking one to the house fast as well.

According to Football Outsiders the Falcons have had the worst rushing defense in the league during the second half of the regular season. Maybe the Packers offensive game plan features more running attempts than a lot of us believe trying to keep Ryan and Atlanta's offense off the field.

KevinR

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Maybe this will be like 2010 where the Packers lost to the Falcons in the regular season and blew them away in the playoffs. Hope there are not too many false start penalties in the noisy dome. The best way is to get an early lead and take the fans out of the game.

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well, out of hundreds of thousands of fans your going to get posts like that. From Facebook to here (here being a bit better) I could pull similar posts from Packers fans talking about Atlanta. I wouldn't worry too much.

Perhaps so, but I pay attention to 3 packers forums, and none of them have anything like "Let's kill Matt Ryan and go after Julio Jones' foot and put him out of the game."

Anyway, you Falcons posters here have been pretty good to talk you. No offense to you.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
early lead would help quiet the fans, but unlike in Dallas where I thought a fast start would be able to do it, the Falcons are built to score just as fast. This is going to be on until the end, just like a championship game should be.

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With so many gimpy players on the Packers side, somebody's going to have to pick up the slack. That to me means,

a) Nick Perry, Clay Matthews and Julius Peppers. They're gonna have to get after Ryan. Matthews was pretty much a non-entity in the Dallas game, whereas in the Giants game he was pretty damn good. Perry has been money and is going to have to keep it up.

b) Kenny Clark had a very good game against Dallas. Packers will need another one from him.

c) I guarantee you the Falcons are going to key on Jared Cook with the walking wounded receiving corps of the Packers. Someone else is going to have to do it. If Adams can make the cuts, great. But I just have the feeling that someone, Ty Montgomery, or Jeff Janis is going to have to come up with some clutch receptions. Either that or Jordy Nelson is going to have give one of them "transcendent" performances.

d) as for the Packer secondary, god I just don't know. Is there any CB that can be counted on??

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Things are starting to "look up" in Atlanta for the Packers, have faith Packer fans!

All the injured we feared may not play in this game made the trip and it is being reported that they most likely will play. I will take that over what could have been a completely undermanned team without Burnett, Nelson, Adams and Allison. Having Nelson back in any sort of capacity is just a bonus in my mind.

The cold/flu that seemed to start with Jordy and work its way around the team hopefully hit early enough, that its effects on the players are minimal.

This team had to wake up this morning pretty pumped up considering where things were 3 days ago, not to mention, 2 months ago.

Let's do this!

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With so many gimpy players on the Packers side, somebody's going to have to pick up the slack. That to me means,

a) Nick Perry, Clay Matthews and Julius Peppers. They're gonna have to get after Ryan. Matthews was pretty much a non-entity in the Dallas game, whereas in the Giants game he was pretty damn good. Perry has been money and is going to have to keep it up.

b) Kenny Clark had a very good game against Dallas. Packers will need another one from him.

c) I guarantee you the Falcons are going to key on Jared Cook with the walking wounded receiving corps of the Packers. Someone else is going to have to do it. If Adams can make the cuts, great. But I just have the feeling that someone, Ty Montgomery, or Jeff Janis is going to have to come up with some clutch receptions. Either that or Jordy Nelson is going to have give one of them "transcendent" performances.

d) as for the Packer secondary, god I just don't know. Is there any CB that can be counted on??
I think if we get a push in the middle and get any of Perry, Matthews or Peppers coming up the middle at times too, i think our DB's will look better than most expect. However, if we get no push or pressure in his face, it's going to be a long day on defense.

Geronimo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
On average I think Dom does better when facing a team the 2nd time?
Seems true. Even the loss to Seattle, he had a great gameplan which had them being shutout and 4 Wilson picks.
His gameplan and the players execution for 55 minutes should have resulted in a blowout win by the Packers.
I can't fault him for the collapse afterwards....

KevinR

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers played a fairly well game against Atlanta in the regular season even though it was a loss. This is a better Packer team then the one that played Atlanta the last time. Hopefully that bodes well for today.

Last edited:

mongoosev

Cheesehead
Reaction score
credit goes to a guy named billy who posted this on packer facebook. so lets pray to baby Jesus:

Aaron Rodgers, who art in Lambeau, Hallowed be thine arm. Thy bowl will come, it will be won, in Dallas as it was in Lambeau. Give us this Sunday our weekly win and forgive the less-passers as you will not let them pass against us. Lead us not into frustration, but deliver us from the Falcons. For thine is the MVP, the best of the NFC, and the glory of the Cheeseheads, now and forever. Go get'em. Amen.

Sunshinepacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
According to Football Outsiders the Falcons have had the worst rushing defense in the league during the second half of the regular season. Maybe the Packers offensive game plan features more running attempts than a lot of us believe trying to keep Ryan and Atlanta's offense off the field.

I to was thinking that and was hoping that the gameplan might be very run-focused. With the injuries the Packers have at WR it would make sense to focus on the run game and let Ty carry the ball 12+ times and have 16+ touches. I mean, if the receivers are less than 100% (which seems likely) being able to run play action off of a strong run game would be an enormous help, not to mention the advantage of wearing out a pretty bad Falcons defense, sucking the energy out of the crowd and keeping the Falcon's offense off the field.

childerm

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So peeked on the Atlanta boards. They don't get why some people are picking AR and the Packers, think Atlanta will be able to hold the offense to under 15 points. :confused: