NFCCG 2016 -- revenge tour goes to Atlanta!!

JacobInFlorida

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't see it as a positive either. Only being down one would be ok at this point. I have a feeling it's more

I think most of those guys will come down to pregame workouts. Tretter had knee surgery on tuesday so no reason to keep his roster spot filled when you could use it on insurance. I'm not that worried yet.

Sui_Generis

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good luck tomorrow Packers nation. Going to be a wild ride. Heres to an injury free and entertaining game. Either way, both teams have acheived more than what any of the talking heads thought they would.

Cheers.

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here's what happens tomorrow, yes I'm making my wild in-game yet possibility of truth prediction:

Trailing 45-38 with 6 seconds to go from the 38 yardline ...

Rodgers heaves up another hail mary that Jeff Janis who gets playing time with our injured receiving core brings down again

And instead of kicking the extra point, Mike McCarthy goes for 2 this time, Packers convert and win 46-45 continuing to #RunTheTable

azrsx05

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think this will be one of those games where this defense bends but doesn't break. Might be those usual frustrating games where they work their way down the field but defense forces them to go for 3.

Packers 31
Falcons 27

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm viewing that as not so good of news. It makes me think that at least one of Jordy, Adams or Geronimo will not be playing Sunday. Max McCaffrey has been with the Packers a month, let's hope he has learned a lot in that time period.

Might not be a big deal. Tretter was going on IR no matter what so they had to put someone else on the roster.

Squonk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here's what happens tomorrow, yes I'm making my wild in-game yet possibility of truth prediction:

Rodgers heaves up another hail mary that Jeff Janis who gets playing time with our injured receiving core brings down again

And instead of kicking the extra point, Mike McCarthy goes for 2 this time, Packers convert and win 46-45 continuing to #RunTheTable
McCarthy would never do that. He's way too conservative.

Drew

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes and the defense is better than the the rankings for the season
Tell that to the people voting for the MVP. :coffee:

Means nothing. You could argue Brady or Rodgers every year. Before this year it was Manning. The NFL has to grow new superstars and drama.

If that happens...im done with football.

.....until next year

PackerfaninCarolina

Cheesehead
Reaction score
McCarthy would never do that. He's way too conservative.

Sure wasn't what people were saying when he opted to pass up some FGs for 4th down tries earlier this year. I get a feeling if we did score a last second TD with no time remaining while down by 7, Rodgers would jerk his chain hard enough to get him to go for 2.

C-Lee

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nervous but excited. If we win, this is a team of destiny and we will witness greatness.

Arthur Squires

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just plain stressing!!! How do we stop Julio, Sanu, Gabriel and little talked about Justin Hardy? What do we do if another CB goes down? Do we have to roll without Burnett and play Brice? Don't even get me started about what we do about Freeman+Coleman, probably the best duo in the league! Oh yeah we have Aaron Rodgers...ok I feel better now.

DaveEG

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Apparently Nelson is playing tomorrow. My guess is he will be a decoy more than anything else.

I think they have to use him if he takes a roster spot. It's not really effective to use him as a decoy against defenses that play zone most of the time. I think he can move the chains a couple of times just be sitting down in the seems of the zone. Just keep him out of the short middle of the field. For a couple of rookies, Jones and Neal patrol that area with authority.

Arthur Squires

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Michael wants to earn himself a contract here in Green Bay this is the game he needs to earn it. We need that quickness through the holes more than ever 2mrw. Pass block and catch your passes Do Your Freakin Job!!!

DaveEG

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just plain stressing!!! How do we stop Julio, Sanu, Gabriel and little talked about Justin Hardy? What do we do if another CB goes down? Do we have to roll without Burnett and play Brice? Don't even get me started about what we do about Freeman+Coleman, probably the best duo in the league! Oh yeah we have Aaron Rodgers...ok I feel better now.
lol

There is enough stress for everyone. I'm worried about Rodgers...some would argue he can overcome that entire list you just mentioned running up hill in the snow with his passing arm tied behind his back.

Arthur Squires

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think they have to use him if he takes a roster spot. It's not really effective to use him as a decoy against defenses that play zone most of the time. I think he can move the chains a couple of times just be sitting down in the seems of the zone. Just keep him out of the short middle of the field. For a couple of rookies, Jones and Neal patrol that area with authority.
One decent hit or even hitting the field hard and he will be in trouble! Nelson is superhuman though so who knows!

FalCANS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I feel the running game will be a bigger factor for both teams than we think. Neither team really has an edge. Atlanta has Pro Footballs #1 ranked run blocking oline and the NFLs #5 running attack. Green Bay was up there defending the run. Green Bay also did a bit better than people realize running the ball and Atlanta is #17 against the run....I may take the under on this game, just a weird feeling.

FalCANS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
One decent hit or even hitting the field hard and he will be in trouble! Nelson is superhuman though so who knows!
I know, watch some of Neal's hits on YouTube. That's the last thing you want, causing your ribs to break even worse. Just think if he dives for a ball and lands, or worse lands on the ball. That's not just a pain tolerance thing, that could break his ribs even more.

FalCANS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes and the defense is better than the the rankings for the season

Last 8 games (second half of season) shows the Packers have given up nearly 60pts more than Atlanta. Don't know if that means much....but Atlantas D hasn't been playing that bad. They had some weak teams they held to low points at the end of the season but also played New Orleans...the #2 scoring offense in the NFL behind Atlanta in the final week and held them to 13pts until halfway through the 4th when they put it on cruise control and subbed players. Brees was throwing bombs and got lots of garbage points within the last 6 minutes down 38-13 because the offense is generally comfortably ahead. I hate the prevent strategy. Seattle was also down 36-13 late before they started slinging it in desperation. Atlanta easily could have beat them 43 or 47-13....kneeling on the 1 with 2 minutes left and dropping a wide open TD earlier. I like my Falcons (who woulda guessed ;).

Drew

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I feel the running game will be a bigger factor for both teams than we think. Neither team really has an edge. Atlanta has Pro Footballs #1 ranked run blocking oline and the NFLs #5 running attack. Green Bay was up there defending the run. Green Bay also did a bit better than people realize running the ball and Atlanta is #17 against the run....I may take the under on this game, just a weird feeling.

I like the under simply because nobody else does.

Firethorn1001

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I want to be positive, but nothing about this week has been positive. From the multiple receivers being injured, to Michaels popping on the injury report, to the flu going around and now the flight being in 4 hours late. Just seems like it's going to be the Falcons big like 41-20. Don't want it to be, but just seems like the team will be flat and on fumes.

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I want to be positive, but nothing about this week has been positive. From the multiple receivers being injured, to Michaels popping on the injury report, to the flu going around and now the flight being in 4 hours late. Just seems like it's going to be the Falcons big like 41-20. Don't want it to be, but just seems like the team will be flat and on fumes.

Christine Michael(no s) should be fine.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts