NFCCG 2016 -- revenge tour goes to Atlanta!!

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Its not about being haunted...it is about taking care of business. Atlanta's D is better than the pack, hence should win the game. Rodgers is a bad bad man, though. Too bad 12 has to put up 34 every game to win by 3. The secondary is in a shambles year in and year out in titletown. With D AR would've already won multiple championships by now, so the key is to out D green and gold, not that difficult. Anyone thinking a title will come without D is fooling themselves.
Atlanta pass Def 406 points allowed ..

Packers 385

Atlanta Def yards allowed passing 4,267 yards

Packers. 4,308 yards allowed passing..

Why is Atlanta Def better?

Sky King

Reaction score
Both defenses could resemble defenses in the Pro Bowl game. I'll be mildly surprised if the halftime score doesn't look like the final score of what would otherwise be considered a high-scoring game. The only thing that may stop these two offenses is themselves.

C-Lee

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Both defenses could resemble defenses in the Pro Bowl game. I'll be mildly surprised if the halftime score doesn't look like the final score of what would otherwise be considered a high-scoring game. The only thing that may stop these two offenses is themselves.
The defense is going to have to make a play or two. Interception or strip sack.

OP
OP
Poppa San

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Thought it was 2nd most in NFL and 1st in playoff's?
you could be correct. http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/n...lcons-nfc-title-game-features-historic-total/
Regardless you can expect plenty of fireworks with that high total. Covers.com has it as the second-highest total in playoff history.

Follow
You must be logged in to see this image or video!
Covers

✔@Covers

Packers/Falcons total currently 60.5 or 61 at most books.
Highest O/U in our database:
61.5 - STL@SF 2000-01
Playoffs:
59.5 - DET@NO 2011-12

7:55 PM - 15 Jan 2017

And Bookmaker.eu says it's "the highest ever for a conference championship or Super Bowl."

Bluegrass79

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Falcons O-line isn't as talented as the Cowboys. The Pack will get pressure on Matt Ryan and pressure on that guy leads to interceptions.
We've played Matt many times and the key is consistent pressure in his damn face.
No pressure no win. Gotta touch him. Deflect his passes down.

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Positives. Atlanta is not a great pass rushing team. Middle of the road in sacks and half come from one guy. They also give up a few sacks. Not a ton but not an oline that constantly gives a clean pocket. Packers will need much more consistent pressure to win

Skerfalcon8710

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Falcons O-line isn't as talented as the Cowboys. The Pack will get pressure on Matt Ryan and pressure on that guy leads to interceptions.
We've played Matt many times and the key is consistent pressure in his damn face.
No pressure no win. Gotta touch him. Deflect his passes down.

Falcon fan here, not here to spout off about my team being world beaters just here to discuss football.

Just wanna pick at what you said here a bit. Seattle said the same exact thing you just did. They brought pressure all game and it backfired dearly. Ryan went 10/15 for 157 when Seattle blitzed. Everyone's solution is that ryan will break if you put him under pressure but he has dealt with it all year. He's been sacked 34+ times this season and stood in the pocket all season and delivered ball after ball. He may not be the mobile qb Arod is but he has improved his pocket presence 10x fold this season.

We all know this games gonna be a shootout and GB will likely get a sack or 2 as is par for the course against Atlanta. Gonna be a great game for sure!

37-30Atlanta

Skerfalcon8710

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Positives. Atlanta is not a great pass rushing team. Middle of the road in sacks and half come from one guy. They also give up a few sacks. Not a ton but not an oline that constantly gives a clean pocket. Packers will need much more consistent pressure to win

I can agree with this statement. Truth is outside of Vic who will likely be called on to mirror Rodgers a lot we don't have a lot of pass rush threat. We need Freeney and Reed to have big games and need our undersized DTs to penetrate.

Our oline can hold up but your right you will get a sack or two. If you can't get home with 4 it's gonna be a LONG day for both these defenses.. ryan isn't as mobile as Rodgers but has greatly improved his ability to slide and improvise in the pocket.

Should make for a great game!
Congrats for making it to the nfccg!

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
Falcon fan here, not here to spout off about my team being world beaters just here to discuss football.

Just wanna pick at what you said here a bit. Seattle said the same exact thing you just did. They brought pressure all game and it backfired dearly. Ryan went 10/15 for 157 when Seattle blitzed. Everyone's solution is that ryan will break if you put him under pressure but he has dealt with it all year. He's been sacked 34+ times this season and stood in the pocket all season and delivered ball after ball. He may not be the mobile qb Arod is but he has improved his pocket presence 10x fold this season.

We all know this games gonna be a shootout and GB will likely get a sack or 2 as is par for the course against Atlanta. Gonna be a great game for sure!

37-30Atlanta

Welcome. We had a Cowboy fan on here last week lecturing us about the great Cowboys and how we were deluded for believing in the Packers. As of yet, he hasn't shown his face since the game. Just a reminder; this is a Packer forum and many of the fans here support their team with gusto.

That being said, from what I've read so far, most of us think this game may well be a high scoring "shoot-out". Whoever gets the last shot in will probably be the winner. In my opinion Matt Ryan has been playing lights out and because of the earlier half of the season, may be the front runner for MVP. So there is respect here.

Edit; PS - The Cowboy fan did come back and is actually gracious about the game. :tup:

PackIngIt

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Atlanta pass Def 406 points allowed ..

Packers 385

Atlanta Def yards allowed passing 4,267 yards

Packers. 4,308 yards allowed passing..

Why is Atlanta Def better?
First of all I must say that Green Bay fans are an class act everytime you guys come to the ATL. Much love and respect to all. Now facts about my FALCONS. If you go back and watch the last 6 to 8 games our defense has held teams under 20pts at the end of 3rd qtrs. Falcons plays prevent defense the majority of 4th qtrs. Coach Quinn is a class act. He is not interested in embarrassing teams. He is all about QUINNING. We should have scored 40pts on the Seahawks. But what did he do? We down the ball on the 2 yard line. Class act. So all the Ypg & ppg are usually garbage statistics in the 4th qtr. Im just saying our defense is better than the stats. Just look at the scores at the end of 3rd qtrs. It may surprise you like it surprise Seattle who were held to 13 pts at the end of the 3rd qtr.

Skerfalcon8710

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Welcome. We had a Cowboy fan on here last week lecturing us about the great Cowboys and how we were deluded for believing in the Packers. As of yet, he hasn't shown his face since the game. Just a reminder; this is a Packer forum and many of the fans here support their team with gusto.

That being said, from what I've read so far, most of us think this game may well be a high scoring "shoot-out". Whoever gets the last shot in will probably be the winner. In my opinion Matt Ryan has been playing lights out and because of the earlier half of the season, may be the front runner for MVP. So there is respect here.

Edit; PS - The Cowboy fan did come back and is actually gracious about the game. :tup:
Fully understood! Same goes for our boards. We all have homers and strong opinions about our teams! That was a great game yesterday, cowboys have a lot to be proud about for even being able to tie that game.. I thought it was gonna turn into 2010 Atlanta real quick.

Skerfalcon8710

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Grabbed this from NFL.com for those assuming pressure will "get to ryan".

Opposing teams blitzed (five-plus pass-rushers) Ryan on 142 of his pass attempts this year. Despite that, he still maintained an NFL-best 123.2 passer rating on those throws. What was most impressive was his ability to create the big plays when the defense attempted to send more pressure. Ryan's 13 passing touchdowns against the blitz were the second-most among quarterbacks with 30 or more attempts, and he never threw an interception.

Pressure isn't gonna effect either of these qbs as we all know Rodgers is king of buying time and finding the open man. Honestly the only way to stop either is to disrupt the timing of the WRs. I expect both teams to play heavy press coverage in an attempt to give the Dline that added second to find the qb..

Thoughts from packer fans?

TornSolace

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Grabbed this from NFL.com for those assuming pressure will "get to ryan".

Opposing teams blitzed (five-plus pass-rushers) Ryan on 142 of his pass attempts this year. Despite that, he still maintained an NFL-best 123.2 passer rating on those throws. What was most impressive was his ability to create the big plays when the defense attempted to send more pressure. Ryan's 13 passing touchdowns against the blitz were the second-most among quarterbacks with 30 or more attempts, and he never threw an interception.

Pressure isn't gonna effect either of these qbs as we all know Rodgers is king of buying time and finding the open man. Honestly the only way to stop either is to disrupt the timing of the WRs. I expect both teams to play heavy press coverage in an attempt to give the Dline that added second to find the qb..

Thoughts from packer fans?

I feel we should be able to generate more pressure than them

Skerfalcon8710

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I feel we should be able to generate more pressure than them
Understandable you'd think that but I'm not sure I see how. Bennett, Clark, Rubin Avril, and Wagner are very good pass rushers. Seattles D is made off being able to rush 4. They got to ryan a good bit but ryan was able to get the all out. In fact it was 2.3 second average to throw from snap. I know you guys have pass rush threats just don't see how they are superior to Seattle?

Skerfalcon8710

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The falcons d isn't very good we should be able to put up big number
May not be good in stats but they are physical and capable to creating turnovers. Opportunistic D. Not saying we can shut Arod down but we can force turnovers and effect the WRs coming across the middle.