NFCCG 2016 -- revenge tour goes to Atlanta!!

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
May not be good in stats but they are physical and capable to creating turnovers. Opportunistic D. Not saying we can shut Arod down but we can force turnovers and effect the WRs coming across the middle.
Is your Def better than, worse than the Giants

Skerfalcon8710

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I never said we were a great D, I said we were opportunistic D. We will not hold you below 21 pts. Hell we may not even hold you to 30... but the same can be said about your D.

The last time we played our offense stopped itse
look I said we are opportunistic D so is yours... fact is they are playing two red hot qbs who have accounted for a 43-3 TD/int over the past 7 weeks.. if you want to win defensive is gonna have to be aggressive and take shots.. points are gonna be scored but who's gonna make a play like Hyde did yesterday and jump a screen?

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lots of debate but I think a safe question remains over what defense is better.

Numbers wise.
Run defense - edge to gb. 4 ypc to 4.5
Pass defense - Large edge to Atlanta. 6.9 ypa to 8.1

Point is neither of these defenses is good. Each team has plenty of reasons to expect to put up points. GB has put up 34 or more on the 2, 3, 5 and 6 scoring defenses during their run. Atlanta seems to score on anyone. Last team to score wins. Our last Super Bowl went through Atlanta and this one might as well too

Skerfalcon8710

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lots of debate but I think a safe question remains over what defense is better.

Numbers wise.
Run defense - edge to gb. 4 ypc to 4.5
Pass defense - Large edge to Atlanta. 6.9 ypa to 8.1

Point is neither of these defenses is good. Each team has plenty of reasons to expect to put up points. GB has put up 34 or more on the 2, 3, 5 and 6 scoring defenses during their run. Atlanta seems to score on anyone. Last team to score wins. Our last Super Bowl went through Atlanta and this one might as well too
Respect for bringing numbers to the discussion. Absolutely you guys are capable of scoring in bunches just as we are. We have taken every top defense to the woodshed as well outside of the philly game where they held the ball for 40 minutes and just power ran it down our throats.

Whichever D holds the other under 30 wins. Simple as that. We have a lot of reasons to be optimistic in Atlanta this year. This is not the Mike Smith conservative Falcons you played in 2010.

RRyder

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I

i did, and comparing defenses is pointless. We're not the Giants D and you sure as hell are not the Seattle D..

I think we can all agree both our defense suck at just shutting teams down but if either can cause a TO or two it'll probably make the difference in the game

D

Deleted member 6794

3:40 kick again next week. It's been lucky for us so far.

The NFCCG starts at 2:05.

they may have to put Hyde on the outside against Jones. Gunter Doesn't have the footspeed nor instincts it seems to play with these guys. The Hawkins guy looked decent his couple plays in the game...and he's a burner. Maybe he can play the slot.

The Packers held Jones to only three catches for 29 yards in the first meeting this season with Gunter mostly covering him.

Sky King

Reaction score
Grabbed this from NFL.com for those assuming pressure will "get to ryan".

Opposing teams blitzed (five-plus pass-rushers) Ryan on 142 of his pass attempts this year. Despite that, he still maintained an NFL-best 123.2 passer rating on those throws. What was most impressive was his ability to create the big plays when the defense attempted to send more pressure. Ryan's 13 passing touchdowns against the blitz were the second-most among quarterbacks with 30 or more attempts, and he never threw an interception.

Pressure isn't gonna effect either of these qbs as we all know Rodgers is king of buying time and finding the open man. Honestly the only way to stop either is to disrupt the timing of the WRs. I expect both teams to play heavy press coverage in an attempt to give the Dline that added second to find the qb..

Thoughts from packer fans?
Successful running games could be critical to the outcome. The play action passes will make it even tougher for two defenses that are not exactly touted as being powerhouses, and rightfully deserving not to be considered so. The effectiveness of the rush could hinge on the effectiveness of the running games going both ways.

The Falcons may have an edge in three important categories: Home field advantage, the running game, and better health at the game's onset. After that, it's anybody's guess who will get injured or re-injured. The balance could swing back and forth throughout the game purely on the basis of each team's luck with injuries and to whom and when they might occur.

The Packers have a slight advantage in having a QB that's currently playing white hot. No disrespect towards Ryan whatsoever, but Rodgers has been playing way-above-average (clutch) recently and that would be hard for any other QB to top significantly --provided Rodgers continues on this current roll, of course.

Other than that, conventional wisdom would seem to favor the Falcons in this game. It should be close. This may be akin to a tennis match when it comes to maintaining serve at the most critical times. For fans that relish offense and lots of scoring they should be greatly looking forward to this game.

But injuries could become the real key to success or failure. If the Packers lose any more DBs then the Falcons should have their way pretty easily, similar to the success that the Cowboys enjoyed later in the game. The Packers are already playing third and fourth-string guys in dime out of necessity as it is. Arguably their best DB is a third string UDFA who just got toasted against Dallas for two TDs and several other key completions. There ain't no more on the shelf and it could get even worse instead of better.

Skerfalcon8710

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The NFCCG starts at 2:05.

The Packers held Jones to only three catches for 29 yards in the first meeting this season with Gunter mostly covering him.
Go look how the Falcons fare when julio is held to under 40 yards. We're 5-0 and we're 2-0 when julio doesn't even play.. Julio didn't even have the most TDs on this team.. Gabriel did.. if you double julio be my guest! You just opened up everyone else like the last time we played..

D

Deleted member 6794

Go look how the Falcons fare when julio is held to under 40 yards. We're 5-0 and we're 2-0 when julio doesn't even play.. Julio didn't even have the most TDs on this team.. Gabriel did.. if you double julio be my guest! You just opened up everyone else like the last time we played..

I'm well aware of the fact that the Falcons offense has a lot of weapons and I don't expect the Packers defense to fare well against it. I'm convinced the NFCCG to turn into a shootout with the team getting the ball last most likely to win it.

Skerfalcon8710

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Successful running games could be critical to the outcome. The play action passes will make it even tougher for two defenses that are not exactly touted as being powerhouses, and rightfully deserving not to be considered so. The effectiveness of the rush could hinge on the effectiveness of the running games going both ways.

The Falcons may have an edge in three important categories: Home field advantage, the running game, and better health at the game's onset. After that, it's anybody's guess who will get injured or re-injured. The balance could swing back and forth throughout the game purely on the basis of each team's luck with injuries and to whom and when they might occur.

The Packers have a slight advantage in having a QB that's currently playing white hot. No disrespect towards Ryan whatsoever, but Rodgers has been playing way-above-average (clutch) recently and that would be hard for any other QB to top significantly --provided Rodgers continues on this current roll, of course.

Other than that, conventional wisdom would seem to favor the Falcons in this game. It should be close. This may be akin to a tennis match when it comes to maintaining serve at the most critical times. For fans that relish offense and lots of scoring they should be greatly looking forward to this game.

But injuries could become the real key to success or failure. If the Packers lose any more DBs then the Falcons should have their way pretty easily, similar to the success that the Cowboys enjoyed later in the game. The Packers are already playing third and fourth-string guys in dime out of necessity as it is. Arguably their best DB is a third string UDFA who just got toasted against Dallas for two TDs and several other key completions. There ain't no more on the shelf and it could get even worse instead of better.
Thanks for your response! I really can't disagree with anything you said. Like you said.. neither team can I'll afford injuries.. we have a slight advantage on the health front but also just lost the guy who sacked Rodgers twice in the 2nd half last game..

We put the clamps on last game during the 2nd half.

One thing Quinn has shown us this year is that if you play him a 2nd time he has a great game plan for you.. TB, Car,NO, Seattle we're all held to 14 pts or less heading into the 4th qtr and allowed us to build large leads.

Here's to a great game!!

Skerfalcon8710

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm well aware of the fact that the Falcons offense has a lot of weapons and I don't expect the Packers defense to fare well against it. I'm convinced the NFCCG to turn into a shootout with the team getting the ball last most likely to win it.
I can agree with that, look id be lying if I said I knew your team in and out. I'm here to discuss football and give you facts about our team that you don't know and vice versa. It's gonna be a friggin shootout and I fully expect 15000 packer fans at the game... Atlanta is a melting pot of football fandom.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
I can agree with that, look id be lying if I said I knew your team in and out. I'm here to discuss football and give you facts about our team that you don't know and vice versa. It's gonna be a friggin shootout and I fully expect 15000 packer fans at the game... Atlanta is a melting pot of football fandom.

My son will be coming up from Charleston to represent the Pack. My cousin lives just outside Atlanta and he's a Cowboy's fan. Melting pot for sure.

Skerfalcon8710

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My son will be coming up from Charleston to represent the Pack. My cousin lives just outside Atlanta and he's a Cowboy's fan. Melting pot for sure.
Yea there is a reason our dome gets packed by every fan base outside of ours. Last game was easily the most packed it's ever been for Falcon fans. The there may have been 2000 seahawk fans total. Tickets are expensive so I'm sure it's gonna be loud on both ends:eek:

PackIngIt

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Packers fan base is AMAZING. Alot cheeseheads down here enjoying this 70 degrees weather in January.

PackIngIt

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Positives. Atlanta is not a great pass rushing team. Middle of the road in sacks and half come from one guy. They also give up a few sacks. Not a ton but not an oline that constantly gives a clean pocket. Packers will need much more consistent pressure to win
We are a bend but dont break type of defense. That is why we are terrible as far as giving up YPG & PPG. Quinn is so focus on teams turning the ball over & us not turning the ball over. If we can win the turnover battle the results are usually in our favor.

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We are a bend but dont break type of defense. That is why we are terrible as far as giving up YPG & PPG. Quinn is so focus on teams turning the ball over & us not turning the ball over. If we can win the turnover battle the results are usually in our favor.

Like most games turnovers will be key but this one will probably me more so bc I don't see a lot of stops coming from these defenses. The Falcons did not have much trouble scoring in the last match up and the Packers offense was nowhere near what it is now and it put up 32

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was reading a Falcons forum to see what they think about this game. They were saying Dallas is a very overrated team and that the Falcons are a much faster team than Dallas. They said their defense is much improved since they played us earlier in the year, and that Dan Quinn made some masterful adjustments during halftime of that game. They said all of our cornerbacks were basically plucked off the street, and there's no way we can stop their air attack. They were pretty confident they will defeat us handily.

Skerfalcon8710

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was reading a Falcons forum to see what they think about this game. They were saying Dallas is a very overrated team and that the Falcons are a much faster team than Dallas. They said their defense is much improved since they played us earlier in the year, and that Dan Quinn made some masterful adjustments during halftime of that game. They said all of our cornerbacks were basically plucked off the street, and there's no way we can stop their air attack. They were pretty confident they will defeat us handily.
I'd say you cherry picked a few over confident posters. Everyone knows this will be a dog fight. Has our defense improved? Yes our rookies are playing instead of being flat footed and reacting late.. Quinn has shown to be great at adjustments during the game as evidenced by the GB and the Seattle game when we got punched in the mouth to start the game and Seattle didn't score another TD till the 4th. Rodgers scored 8 points in the 2nd half. Just like you guys are confident in your team we are confident in ours and remember your on our message board when you are reading that. I've found plenty of people here saying no one in the world could stop rodgers..

We are faster and more aggressive than the Dallas D. We also play Press much more effectively now that we don't have trufant who is an amazing ZONE corner playing.

It'll be a shootout. Which D makes a big play?

BrokenArrow

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I really don't get it. All of these guys are so, so smug and bitter when it comes to the Packers.
It's pretty much been that way ever since the Packers stopped playing at the antiquated Milwaukee County Stadium.

JK64

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We need to score between 38-42 to win this game. The defense must create a couple of turnovers.

XPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thoughts from packer fans?
Two from your posts.

Pressure will be from our playmakers in Perry Clay and Peppers. I believe they are better than what your Oline could keep out.

As to comprehensively beating Seahawks, they were possibly the 3rd worst team to have made the playoffs. Only Giants and Lions rank lower. Wouldn't read much into that.

As to this game, we'll get lots of hurry and sacks this game but won't stop Ryan. He's not the MVP candidate for nothing and overconfidence ruins teams. What I expect is him throwing one or maybe two INTs potentially late in the game which will give us the edge. Very close high scoring game either way.

Members online

Latest posts