Nfc North title game studs and duds

H

HardRightEdge

Studs..

Dom. And the Def... You have to give it to him
By "it" you mean a pink slip? The scheme is the scheme. This one goes to the players playing out of position and stepping up.

Last edited by a moderator:
H

HardRightEdge

Duds ..... All you Davante Adams haters !
I'm not sure how many of you noticed, but on the back shoulder to Adams for the final score, Adams gave Rodgers a "throw it there" hand signal pre-snap. Rodgers was "if you say so" and lobbed it out there before Adam's break, a little to the inside but perfect is the enemy of the good. Yeah, this is Nelson/Jennings stuff. While others may not have noticed the beauty of the play Rodgers surely did...out came the belt.

Contrary to belief is some quarters, Adams is a bona fide player.

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I'm not sure how many of you noticed, but on the back shoulder to Adams for the final score, Adams gave Rodgers a "throw it there" hand signal pre-snap. Rodgers was "if you say so" and lobbed it out there before Adam's break, a little to the inside but perfect is the enemy of the good. Yeah, this is Nelson/Jennings stuff. While others may not have noticed the beauty of the play Rodgers surely did...out came the belt.

Rodgers I believe saw the run blitz as well on that play. That is the kind of read, that a QB and WR do to put away games. Even though some more clock and an eventual FG (hopefully made) potentially ice the game, I loved the aggression show there by AR and Adams.

melvin dangerr

In it to Win it All
Reaction score
Studs: AR 12, JN 87, DA 17 Jeronimo
D-line
Duds: Dbacks (yes there are injuries) but they give up big plays and QB ratings for one side of field (R side) of over 140 or better this is with healthy corners
Penalties

H

HardRightEdge

Rodgers I believe saw the run blitz as well on that play. That is the kind of read, QB and WR that put away games. Even though some more clock and an eventual FG (hopefully made) potentially ice the game, I loved the aggression show there by AR and Adams.
It's just pure football...study and practice meets the playground.

Then on the 2-point conversion, Adams in the backfield signals to Geronimo spreading out, "stop right there, yeah that's where I want you." Motion, zip.

Curly Calhoun

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs

Rodgers

Rip

Ty

Duds

Refs

Someone ought to clue this refereeing crew in on the fact that nobody watches the game to see them. Hopefully, they won't be officiating any playoff games.

Despite all the flags, great win. In consecutive weeks the pack managed to show the Vikings and the Lions just who is still boss of the NFC North.

Now, time for "Run The Table, Part 2".........

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
By "it" you mean a pink slip? The scheme is the scheme. This one goes to the players playing out of position and stepping up.
On chat every time the Def went on the field.. There was about 6 or 7 that couldn't stop. Being negative..

Go look at chat history..

I finally stepped in and said try to be positive, try to send good vibes. That's when Def got fg and never got another td till hail Mary... Not saying we changed it, but at least chat was fun..

I hear things that makes sense and try to relay those here, but some just don't care.

We have players that were not ready to play this year and were tossed in.. They are understanding the scheme but still having some mental lapses. I'm. Okay with Dom gone, but the results maybe worse next year

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
On chat every time the Def went on the field.. There was about 6 or 7 that couldn't stop. Being negative..

I'm givin' it up for Dom and the defense. No "qualifer" comments -- just... GOOD JOB GUYS!. (I believe I am #5 or #6 in the nattering nabob of negativism chorus mentioned above).

OP
OP
longtimefan

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

This one?
I saw no hand?

http://www.snappytv.com/snaps/gbvsd...troit-lions-week-17-on-nfl-2016-live-3-02-_7w

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rodgers I believe saw the run blitz as well on that play. That is the kind of read, that a QB and WR do to put away games. Even though some more clock and an eventual FG (hopefully made) potentially ice the game, I loved the aggression show there by AR and Adams.
Yeah I was literally saying to myself right before that play.... I hope they milk the clock for two more plays and then just kick the FG.... but as soon as Adams caught the TD, I was back to reality and very glad I was not calling the plays lol.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score

On the quick snap that Arod caught in the gut, as soon as the ball was snapped I saw Adams yelling for the swing pass and moving out to the spot for one. Heads up on both players since I don't know what the call was being changed to.

Dirty Sanchez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs: A-Rod
O Line
Duds: Clay Matthews (might be a whole different game if he doesn't drop the gimme)
Schum (for all the flak we gave Masthay at least he kicked it properly)
Penalties (don't know how many each team finished with but i'm also certain we had like 10 more then them.)
I wouldn't put Matthews in the dud column because he missed the pick. "Might be a whole different game if he didn't drop the gimme"? How?

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score

Yeah, but to some, anything less than the GOAT first ballot HOFer that has a zero percent drop rate and owns every record in the book by the end if their rookie contract means that...

They are just a guy.

:D

Joking aside, stud to the network for showing the PFF stats for each player now. Nice. Amazing how Bac, Lang and Bulaga all are ranked #1. Stud, stud, stud.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
H

HardRightEdge

Given the frequency of Collinsworth's errors in fact or interpretation, I guess he needs all the help he can get.

This was one of his better games, so he deserves some credit for that.

Still, pre-kickoff he regaled us with the opinion that the Packers two best players, Rodgers and Matthews, are both healthy. "Playing" and "healthy" are two different things. I don't think Matthews' damaged shoulder healed itself.

H

HardRightEdge

Yeah, but to some, anything less than the GOAT first ballot HOFer that has a zero percent drop rate and owns every record in the book by the end if their rookie contract means that...

They are just a guy.

:D

Joking aside, stud to the network for showing the PFF stats for each player now. Nice. Amazing how Bac, Lang and Bulaga all are ranked #1. Stud, stud, stud.
#1 in pass blocking is what they showed for those 3 players.

The overall grades displayed at the start of the Packers first possession were Bakhtiari #2, Taylor #26, Linsley #6, Lang #5, Bulaga #7, so the run grades can't be all that good with the exception of Bakhtiari.

Among defensive "starters" displayed during the Lions second possession, the highest ranked were Daniels and Burnett, both at #9. However, they showed Peppers as the starter at OLB, not Perry, so I couldn't quote Perry's grade. I would guess it's pretty decent, though probably sliding some with the club.

I can't argue with these grades except maybe the presumed high run grade for Bakhtiari.

Now, I don't know who decided who the defensive "starters" are, but if it was Collinsworth this would be precisely the kind of thing about him that so regularly annoys me.

H

HardRightEdge

I finally stepped in and said try to be positive, try to send good vibes. That's when Def got fg and never got another td till hail Mary... Not saying we changed it, but at least chat was fun..

I hear things that makes sense and try to relay those here, but some just don't care.

We have players that were not ready to play this year and were tossed in.. They are understanding the scheme but still having some mental lapses. I'm. Okay with Dom gone, but the results maybe worse next year
Looking at chat history is probably not something I'd ever do. Maybe they were the same fans booing the Packer offense against Dallas or the guys advocating benching Rodgers of firing McCarthy.

Some folks are all about "what have you done for me lately", with "lately" being this minute or this game. It would be more productive to temper such reactions through the lens of the skills brought to the table and the body of work.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A great win! But with all the talk about dud refs; I gotta give a dud to our linemen being taught to stand up and point even when the D lineman did not come close to making them move.