Nfc North title game studs and duds

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Super stud:
Capers and the defense.

I have no idea what they did differently in the second half, but whatever adjustment s made worked. The Lions did almost nothing all half with just a FG.

The offense helped out a lot too by keeping the ball so long.

Edit: Wrote this a little early, but still a very good defensive performance.

Last edited:

metallicblaze

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs: A-Rod
O Line
Duds: Clay Matthews (might be a whole different game if he doesn't drop the gimme)
Schum (for all the flak we gave Masthay at least he kicked it properly)
Penalties (don't know how many each team finished with but i'm also certain we had like 10 more then them.)

Last edited:

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs
On a level above all others - Rodgers
Blocking
Nelson Adams Allison
2nd half defense

Duds
Injuries
Penalties
Someone in the in game thread calling adams expendable and others making light of Rollins injury

Carl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs
On a level above all others - Rodgers
Blocking
Nelson Adams Allison
2nd half defense

Duds
Injuries
Penalties
Someone in the in game thread calling adams expendable and others making light of Rollins injury

I'll add to thread portion when someone said they wish Washington had won so the Packer season would be mercifully over after tonight.

PFanCan

That's MISTER Cheesehead, to you.
Reaction score
Studs
Arod
Geronimo
Rip
Hyde
Adams

Duds
Schum
McCarthy for running the ball on the play that Spriggs got injured. There was no need to do anything but take a knee. Even with 1 Lion time out left, we could have killed the clock. As it was, our injury gave the Lions an extra clock stoppage which resulted in the punt and everything after.

gonzozab

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Beleive it or not, the defense. The Lions should've ravaged our secondary in the second half and they shut down Stafford and their receivers. Looks like Capers is back next year.

Snoops

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Absolutely remarkable to make the turn around that they did I am gonna say I'm worried about our defense and if we win we go to Dallas not atlanta

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs - Rodgers - he was unwavering played with a ton of emotion
Geronimo Allison - this kid is becoming a reliable commodity
Cook - he is reliable and made some nice plays
Montgomery/Rip - the running game came to fruition in the 2nd half to seal the game.
O line - nice pass pro and road grated at the end of the game to seal it.
MM playcalling in 2nd half - tale of two halfs

Duds -

Officiating - consistently inconsistent calls and pretty one sided - the false starts needed to be evened up moreso than what they called.
Schum - one of his punts was borderline pop warner like.
CMIII - 14 point swing due to dropping a pick 6, overrunning the qb on pass rush.

6 in a row! bring on the gmen...ok work on pass d. Cheers!

Zartan

Cans.wav
Staff member
Reaction score
Studs

Arron Rodgers
GERONIMO!!!
RIIIIIIIIP
Cook
Monty
OLine

Duds
The Refs, CMIII Droped Pick 6, Schum,

Cheese Meister

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Studs: The usual Packer players, but I also want to give a Stud to Matt Stafford for that Hail Mary touchdown. We were Darn lucky we were not ahead by 6 points, or we would be going to Seattle next weekend.

Duds: Holding penalties. What are you doing O line, dancing with them?
Washington loosing, which would have made an even greater nail biter. Though my blood pressure doesn't need it.

H

HardRightEdge

I have no idea what they did differently in the second half, but whatever adjustment s made worked. The Lions did almost nothing all half with just a FG.
After Rollins went down, Hyde took the perimeter, Burnett the slot, and Brice SS. Hyde got turned around once by Tate but otherwise that combination looked solid. Gunter had a nice game back to front. Stafford's not the sharpest knife in the drawer; he may have been a little confused by the unfamiliar match ups but a good effort by the patchwork secondary nonetheless.

I hate to "dud" a guy in the hospital, but Rollins and Randall once again disappointed. I'd like to think Randall was dinged up before going out, but that "questionable knee" looked like another benching.

On the first 2 Detroit possessions (3 and out, 4 and out), they went with an ILB combo of Burnett and Thomas. I noted last week that Burnett is your Pro Bowl safety; there was nothing in this game to dissuade me. Good, consistent football throughout the season in a variety of roles, kind of a Woodson lite.

H

HardRightEdge

Stud: The belt. We have not seen that in quite some time. The QB was certainly feeling it tonight.

Members online

Latest posts