1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Big Announcement Coming for 2015 Football Season!!

Be on the look out for a big Packer Forum announcement when the schedule is released. Full details coming soon...

NFC North Comparison

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by PackFanNChiTown, Jun 3, 2013.

1. PackFanNChiTown

PackFanNChiTown Bear Fan's Bane

Ratings:
    +357
    Emery is better than Angelo for certain, how good remains to be seen. Personally I think he overreached with the Kyle Long pick but we'll see. I think the right side of their line is going to be their weak point personally.

Going to be weird seeing Chicago running a WCO though.

2. MackemPacker

MackemPacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +29
    I think the Bears offense will improve but not enough to cover up a regression on defense. They've lost Urlacher and Idonije, and it seems to me like Peppers isn't the force he once was. I have them in last place.

The Lions could be anything from a 4 win team to a 10 win team I think, they have the firepower on offense. Their defense is going to go even further backwards I think, they've lost Avril and KVB and replaced them with Ansah who is apparently raw as hell.

The Vikings are going to be reliant on AP, he's going to be a beast again but should regress to the mean a little. I think if Ponder was anywhere half decent they'd have swept us last season. I think they'll be tough competition in division. They can't win it all mind, it's still the Vikings!

My worries for the Packers are on the O line, the ILB and at safety. Hopefully Lacy and Franklin are good blockers (don't see much college football over here), if so we have the potential to be scary good offensively. As always I think we'll win it all. Please god let Capers return to 2010 form!

3. fanindaup

fanindaup Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +60
    Raptorman: Let me clarify a few things for you. Comparing your comments as a Vikings fan on a Packer forum are somewhat different than some Packer fans on a Packer forum giving their take on Viking fan comments. I have occasionally checked out comments I see on a Viking forum, but have never left a comment. But I am curious about their opinions. I may not agree with them but I find it interesting. The thread you referenced had some Packer fans exchanging what they saw on a Viking forum, but not interacting with said Viking forum. Your comments to me do seem to suggest you have some latent adequacy issues, at least with how your team has fared in comparison to the Packers lately. However, I am willing to give you the benefit of the doubt. Feel free to "watch" me, just don't get weird about it.

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. PackerFlatLander

PackerFlatLander Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +293
    I really don't have a whole lot of nice things to say about the Vikings. Therefore, I choose not to spend any time on their boards or forums. Seems like simple logic to me!

• Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  5. Oshkoshpackfan

Oshkoshpackfan YUT !!!

Ratings:
    +1,452
    Indeed !!! well said. I feel the same way, no need for me to run to an enemy turf and spout off. I do enjoy lurking once in a while, just to enjoy a good laugh at the high hopes and dreams they have...only to get shattered....lol

6. PackerFlatLander

Ratings:
    +293
    Vikings fans are a bitter, bitter bunch of folks, and rightfully so. They're the Chicago Cubs of the NFL. They get so close to tasting it all and then it gets snatched away at the last minute. Regarding that, they should have known better, than to put the ball in Favre's hands, when the season was on the line. Spells disaster every time.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. 13 Times Champs

13 Times Champs Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,379
    Better to be in Hell with your back broke than to be a Viking fan.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. PackerFlatLander

Ratings:
    +293
    LOL Yeah ... nothing to envy there. I think they spend more time hating the Packers, complete with penis envy, than they do loving the Vikings.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Raptorman

Raptorman Vikings fan since 1966.

Ratings:
    +827
    So I guess no one here will fess up to being "Randallcobb18" over at the Vikngsmessage board then.

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,016
    This is a QB league and Rodgers is the only one in the division that is a legit QB. Ponder looked like a back up last year. Cutler gets hurt, can't maintain his control of the team, disappears in big moments, and throws too many ints. Stafford throws too much. He forces it and puts up big numbers, but isn't efficient. Thus the reason they sucked last season.

11. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,016
    Well they have a claim to a championship trophy but they legit lost it. It's the great sports mystery of Minnesota... If anyone cared about the Vikings.

• Like Like x 1
  12. buggybill2003

buggybill2003 Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,773
    Raptor has ALWAYS followed this forum. I don`t think he`s showing any insecurity on his part. Sorry just how I see it. I`m certainly no fan of the Vikings but......

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. lambeaulambo

lambeaulambo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +180

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  14. Poppa San

Poppa San SB I trophy First of four Staff Member Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,005
    But it is the same two ILB's as last year that had the 11 rated def. I expect their surrounding cast to be a bit better. Top 10 is doable.

• Disagree Disagree x 1
  15. Shawnsta3

Shawnsta3 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +358
    Sorry lambeaulambo the quote is messed up and I don't know how to directly reply to your quote on my phone but I'll say this:

You can call MM and TT a few things, but stupid is not one of them. As Poppa San said above, our ILB'S were just fine for us last year, so why not this year with a more mature defense? The fact is if Hawk and Jones were really as bad as you and a few others have made him out to be in the past few months TT would have to be crazy, to go into the season with them. But he's not, he's one of the best in the league.

There is an article circulating around the forum by people's whose jobs it is to watch football and they label Brad Jones as our "Secret Superstar", ( I'll include the link in the bottom of the post) and the reason why I trust their opinions so much more than fans is their unbiased approach without emotions. Fans are typically wrong more ( see the let's trade James Jones argument every year) compared to " football people" and our GM.

As far as Hawk goes yes, he's not flashy. Nope, what you'll get out of him is steady consistent play, tackling and leadership. No injuries like the great Bishop I've heard so much about hear lately. A guy who was willing to take a pay cut to stay with the Packers, unlike Bishop.

Now you might not be excited about our ILB combo, but give them a break before you call them the " worst in the NFL" or saying they'll (single-handedly?) give up 35 points a game. They are Packers after all! :)

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2013/05/24/secret-superstar-brad-jones/

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  16. fanindaup

fanindaup Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +60
    Just an observation. Raptor did get pretty uptight which does lend credence to my opinion.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. El Guapo

El Guapo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,426
    I'd get pretty uptight too as the lone coyote in the wolf cage.

• Funny Funny x 2
  18. Oshkoshpackfan

Oshkoshpackfan YUT !!!

Ratings:
    +1,452
    Overall, Raptor is a good guy, I just enjoy bustin his vikequeen loving chops from time to time.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. ThxJackVainisi

ThxJackVainisi Lifelong Packers Fanatic

Ratings:
    +2,840
    I agree Brad Jones is better than some here believe but not a "superstar", secret or otherwise. I want to add another reason for disagreeing with the notion that the ILBs (apparently by themselves) will lead to a bad D and surrender points in the 30s. Here's a bit of sunshine regarding the ILBs: Most of the time two of them won't be on the field as Capers plays sub packages (nickel and dime) more often than base. And Jones will be the three-down ILB, not Hawk. Beyond that, the worst average points surrendered by a Packers D under Capers in the regular season was 22.4 points in 2011 and the average of those Ds is a little more than 19. If the O is better at running the ball that'll likely reduce the number of snaps the D is on the field. If others on D step up - like Datone, Perry, Neal, etc. ...

20. Raptorman

Ratings:
    +827
    And your opinion on me would still be wrong. See, there is nothing you can say to me that I haven't heard before. No statement about the Vikings that would bother me to no end. No name I haven't been called before. I am very comfortable with my team and were they currently are. Will they win the Division this year. Doubt it. Second, good shot. Playoffs? Maybe. Depends all on the play of Ponder.

But here's a short list of things that really annoy me. Lies about players or teams. Any player or team. Un-named sources. Making stuff up about players or teams. Misquoting people, or taking their quotes out of context. Trolls. Viking trolls seem to be the worse around here.

21. Raptorman

Ratings:
    +827
    I fell the love! :)

22. fanindaup

fanindaup Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +60
    I already said I'd give you the benefit of the doubt, but you keep acting tender every time someone posts about it. As for your list of annoyances, I don't believe I'm guilty of any of those offenses. I still submit I have just as much right to my opinion whether or not you think it's accurate.

23. Raptorman

Ratings:
    +827
    You do have the right to your opinion, not matter how "wrong" it is. :)

And one of the reasons I'm here, well, it's to talk football. I could go to a Bears or Lion forum. But IF I am going to go a forum of a rival, I would at least like to have some intelligent people to talk with. Wait, why am I here? :D

24. fanindaup

fanindaup Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +60
    I acknowledge you have had some good posts, as I have recently referred to in another thread we've both been posting on. I don't consider you to be uninformed about football. Quite the contrary. That one comment of yours on this thread which got us started struck me the wrong way. It's nothing personal.

And frankly I hate the Vikings with all my green & gold heart, but they have become the Packers' strongest competition lately. I'll give them that. If they found a quarterback we'd be in trouble.

25. Raptorman

Ratings:
    +827
    Being a Packer fan since 68 I have to assume you are an older person like myself. Not like some of these young bucks on here who have only seen two starting QB's since they became fans.

Nothing personal taken. If I did, I would last long on rivals boards.