NFC North Comparison

PackFanNChiTown

Bear Fan's Bane
Reaction score
So how do you think the Packers compare against their NFC North division rivals going into 2013? I'm still holding out they're the best in the division but admit I'm impressed with the improvements on the other three teams.

Not impressed with Kyle Long for the Bears but Jon Bostic is a good acquisition. They're O-line is still weak however.

Trestman is bringing his own variant of the west coast offense to Chicago...honestly I'm not all that impressed with this one. WCO is a common offense and most DCs know how to defend against it. Not saying it's still not worth running it however since the Pack run it also but... :)

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Do the Bears have any offensive guards?? Their defense got younger with Urlacher retiring, but not any better. Vikings need a QB. Lions need a heart. We're due to have a healthy season and should cruise through the division.

packerfan4ever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I still think we are the better team.I think our rookies from last year will step up big for us,I know they say bears have better weapons for Cutler But he is who he is,like Brett he will give up the ball when he gets scared and starts to run,Hayward will like that. Lions they have megatron and now Bush they just don't have the it factor vikes have AP don't think Jennings will make a huge difference I may be a little prejudice but think we can stay a head.

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The talent gap is big. Chicago took a step back, and bringing in those FA will set themselves up for further regression. A new coach may help, but won't be enough. Detroit always seems to be on the verge of getting good, but somehow stay crappy. Minny - they are the best run opponent, they are going to be better but still have a lot of holes on their team including QB.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
....waiting for the Rodell post :D

The mantra is always "show me, don't tell me." I didn't see anyone take a big leap forward in this division, therefore I don't expect any changes. The only possible big leap could be if all three of Minnesota's 1st round choices play like stars. I doubt that, and therefore will still say that GB takes the cheese

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
NFC North order 2013:

1 Packers
2 VikeQueens
3 teddy bears
4 cowardly Lions

I see us as having added the best as far as improvements. Our defense was ranked 11th in 2012 and is only getting better, I see us going up in D ranks easily top 10.

Our offense will make a drastic improvement in the running game department. Teams will now have a dynamic run threat from us which will open up a play action pass that was lost for the most part in 2012. Arod wont be sacked nearly as much either.

Lions only real acquisition was reggie bush, but he is entering the late part of his career now and I doubt the supporting cast of the lions will make him much of a factor.

The bears, still a joke. Their O line is still weak and cuntler will get sacked,chased, and frustrated and make his typical dumb mistakes. We shut down Marshall and forte last year, we can do it again.

Vikes are the only somewhat threat we have to deal with, but as long as they have that sub par QB Ponder, they won't go much further. I doubt G jennings makes the impact that they hope to get from picking our bones as they always do. Jennings is learning a new system and has gone down in production and durability and he is going from a "10" QB to a "3" imo. Good luck vikes, you are gunna need it.

Reaction score
We won the division easily with the 32nd ranked defense, then our oline, defense were wiped out with injuries - we got robbed in Seattle - fell behind in the standings early and yet we still won our division.

Minnesota's draft was less addition and more replacement - so back to square one?
Detroit ...I guess Reggie helps, still no one to compliment Calvin, we stifled the lion's offense twice last year w/o Clay in the lineup.
Bears w/o Lovie or Urlacher - :D Maybe we score more than 30 on 'em for a change.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
Gotta love these threads at this time of year. You all just basically said the same thing, "The Packers will be better but everyone else either will stay the same or regress."

fanindaup

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Im expecting big things from last year's draft class. FA signings don't say much except "I'm desperate" to me, soJennings, Long and Bush aren't scaring me. TT way of doing things has kept the Pack ahead of the NFC North pack for several years and I don't think this year will be any different.

OP
OP
PackFanNChiTown

PackFanNChiTown

Bear Fan's Bane
Reaction score
Gotta love these threads at this time of year. You all just basically said the same thing, "The Packers will be better but everyone else either will stay the same or regress."

Pack will win the division, however the remaining teams divide up positions 2-4 are mostly irrelevant. :)

adambr2

Cheesehead
Reaction score

The first person said that they're hoping the Packers will still be the best. The second is counting on a healthier season. The third person said they think we are still ahead. The 4th said Minnesota will be better. The rest just basically said we're still the best in the division until proven otherwise, which no one has yet.

Yeah, everyone pretty much said the Packers will be better and everyone else will regress or stay the same. Okay.

PackerFlatLander

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I absolutely hate making predictions, because we can't predict injuries, trends, teams getting hot or cold, etc. But, regarding the division outlook ... all things being equal, I do think the Packers have the best coaching staff and best overall depth at the offensive skill positions. The Packers need the D to step up, big time - all of them. The o-line needs to play better and I won't be surprised if this Tavecchio dude unseats Crosby. But, we'll see.

I see the Vikings being the second best in the division, followed by the Bears and the Lions. The Vikings aren't terrible at all - I think they've made some strides on both sides of the ball. It all will depend on Ponder and his growth and development. The Bears are gonna be interesting. Lovie Smith being gone, means the staple Tampa-2 is mostly gone, as well. They will likely regress on defense. I think they can put up points - Cutler is a *********, but he does have a rifle and Brandon Marshall and Matt Forte are very, very good players. Until proven otherwise ... since 1957, the song remains the same and Lions are the Lions.

FrankRizzo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I love Peterson, and know Jennings is great.
I under-estimated the Vikings last year.
I won't do it again.
I have them at 9-7.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
and what was I supposed to learn from your link?
Well then let me spell it out for you. You talk about me being insecure, which I'm not, yet the thread of Packer fans discussing what's going on at a Vikings forum means nothing to you? Funny, you haven't called any of them insecure.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
The fact you can't let it go proves to me I'm right about you raptorman.
So the fact that I bring up that you are being hypocritical by calling me insecure but not Packer fans being insecure is proof that I am insecure. LOL. Man you are way to funny. I'll have to keep an eye on you. Being insecure does not lend itself to one staying on a board of a rival team for very long. As you can tell, I have been here for a while and don't intend on going away. Insecure? LOL.

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bears? I don't see them being a force this year. They're in rebuild mode and not nearly talented enough to compete for the NFC crown.

Lions? Reggie Bush will help but he's not going to turn them around. Ansah is pretty raw. He may be stud DL soon but not this year I don't think. Lions still have a ways to go.

Vikings? Had the best draft, got GJ to replace Harvin. Had a good draft last year. I don't like underestimating Ponder. I don't think AP will have a season like he did last year, but still. Vikings are contenders.

Packers? Still the best team IMO. The addition of Lacy and Franklin should be very interesting, and if Datone Jones can give us some pass rush + some 2nd year guys stepping up (that's you Nick Perry), Packers should win the division and could be a legit SB contender.

PackerFlatLander

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bears? I don't see them being a force this year. They're in rebuild mode and not nearly talented enough to compete for the NFC crown.

I agree, but those idiots always find a way to get off to a surprising good start. It seems like they've started the season 6-2 or 7-1, like, five years in a row. Their o-line sucks, but Marshall and Forte are dangerous weapons. Matt Forte is as elusive and shifty as they come. When he catches passes in the flat, it's off to the races. I do think their defense will regress. I'll be happy when Charles Tillman retires and gets lost. So sick of him and that stupid punch the ball out crap that he does.

:rolleyes:

OP
OP
PackFanNChiTown

PackFanNChiTown

Bear Fan's Bane
Reaction score
I agree, but those idiots always find a way to get off to a surprising good start. It seems like they've started the season 6-2 or 7-1, like, five years in a row. Their o-line sucks, but Marshall and Forte are dangerous weapons. Matt Forte is as elusive and shifty as they come. When he catches passes in the flat, it's off to the races. I do think their defense will regress. I'll be happy when Charles Tillman retires and gets lost. So sick of him and that stupid punch the ball out crap that he does.

:rolleyes:

Last year they had the luck of the draw in that they played the bad teams up front. As soon as they started playing the good teams in week 10 things fell apart.

Bear fans are all enamored with Trestman & Emery. They're so ecstatic at having an offensive-minded coach they're claiming the tide has turned and the bears are now the best team in the division.

Reality is gonna hit them like a freight train this season... :)

PackerFlatLander

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Last year they had the luck of the draw in that they played the bad teams up front. As soon as they started playing the good teams in week 10 things fell apart.

Bear fans are all enamored with Trestman & Emery. They're so ecstatic at having an offensive-minded coach they're claiming the tide has turned and the bears are now the best team in the division.

Reality is gonna hit them like a freight train this season... :)

LOL, now that's funny. Not to sound inappropriate, but Marc Trestman kinda looks like a molester, or something. He looks like a Chester. Goofy looking dude, I'll say. Emery? Eh. I'd rather have Ted Thompson any day.

Members online

Latest posts