NFC North Comparison

fanindaup

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Being a Packer fan since 68 I have to assume you are an older person like myself. Not like some of these young bucks on here who have only seen two starting QB's since they became fans.

Nothing personal taken. If I did, I would last long on rivals boards.

I don't like the word 'older'. How about well-seasoned. And I was a Packer fan through all the lean years. My favorite Viking to watch was Fran Tarkenton. If that tells you how seasoned a fan I am.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
I don't like the word 'older'. How about well-seasoned. And I was a Packer fan through all the lean years. My favorite Viking to watch was Fran Tarkenton. If that tells you how seasoned a fan I am.
Ok, "seasoned" sounds good. I remember watching Starr and Tarkenton before he went to New York. Everyone thinks he was scrambling. What he was really doing was running for his life.

fanindaup

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ok, "seasoned" sounds good. I remember watching Starr and Tarkenton before he went to New York. Everyone thinks he was scrambling. What he was really doing was running for his life.
Yes he was. And I found that fascinating. I was glued to the TV in anticipation to see if he would be able to escape certain death on the next snap. I'd never seen a quarterback do that before. He sure had mad escape skills. I still credit Fran for inventing a wrinkle in qb play.

ExpatPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anybody see that skit that Frank Tarkenton did on SNL with John Belushi way back when? Showed him in the SB vs. the Raiders when Otis Sistrunk grabbed his arm as he was throwing a pass and the ball sort of dribbled out of his hand. "That was a great play for me" and he introduced John Belushi as an LSD freak in rehab talking about "the rubber walls, man."

Just about died laughing.

OP
OP
PackFanNChiTown

PackFanNChiTown

Bear Fan's Bane
Reaction score
From a Bears board I frequent, a discussion about Trestman:

JimmyMacFan said:
I love how Packy and Rexxy keep calling The most innovative mind in offensive football a retread. Shows you how much they know about football.

So keep that in mind gents, Trestman is the most innovative mind in offensive football, the Packers are clearly doomed and cannot hope to prevail against such insurmountable odds. :p

OP
OP
PackFanNChiTown

PackFanNChiTown

Bear Fan's Bane
Reaction score
http://espn.go.com/blog/nfcnorth/print?id=57314

NFL Future Power Rankings: Bears lagging

You might have noticed this week that the ESPN.com Insider group posted its annual NFL Future Power Rankings , a projection that assesses how all 32 teams have positioned themselves for three years down the road. Don't view this project as a prediction of how teams will finish in 2016, but rather an analysis of how well each team is set up (or not) for sustainable success.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
From a Bears board I frequent, a discussion about Trestman:

So keep that in mind gents, Trestman is the most innovative mind in offensive football, the Packers are clearly doomed and cannot hope to prevail against such insurmountable odds. :p
Trying to join you over there. Waiting for an e-mail from them.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
OP
OP
PackFanNChiTown

PackFanNChiTown

Bear Fan's Bane
Reaction score
Another BS power poll by people who don't have clue what the hell they area talking about. I would like to know how they know how the QB's are going to be doing in 2016. I have a magic 8 ball. And I asked it this question. "Is this chart by ESPN a piece of crap?" The answer came back. "With out a doubt".
That's why they provide the disclaimer:

"Don't view this project as a prediction of how teams will finish in 2016, but rather an analysis of how well each team is set up (or not) for sustainable success."

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
That's why they provide the disclaimer:

"Don't view this project as a prediction of how teams will finish in 2016, but rather an analysis of how well each team is set up (or not) for sustainable success."
Still BS. They are basing hard points on someone's opinion about the ability of coaches, The strengths of the 2013 draft, the roster and players under 27, like they know who's going to be on the roster the next three years. Sorry, it's a fluff piece based on nothing but someone's opinions. ie: a power poll into the future. They just try to disguise it as something else. Fun to look at, but totally meaningless.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Another BS power poll by people who don't have clue what the hell they area talking about. I would like to know how they know how the QB's are going to be doing in 2016. I have a magic 8 ball. And I asked it this question. "Is this chart by ESPN a piece of crap?" The answer came back. "With out a doubt".

Saw that poll a few days back . Looks like they basically expect the higher rated teams from the end of last season to remain good. Never can seem to find what they said 3 years ago for this past season. Don't think SF would have been highly ranked though. Like how consistent they were with the Rams and Lions [not]. Lions will be good in 2 years but not 3? Take it for what it is, bored writers during a slow news period with web pages to fill.

OP
OP
PackFanNChiTown

PackFanNChiTown

Bear Fan's Bane
Reaction score
Still BS. They are basing hard points on someone's opinion about the ability of coaches, The strengths of the 2013 draft, the roster and players under 27, like they know who's going to be on the roster the next three years. Sorry, it's a fluff piece based on nothing but someone's opinions. ie: a power poll into the future. They just try to disguise it as something else. Fun to look at, but totally meaningless.

Of course it's meaningless, nobody can predict the future in the NFL. But I figured WTH, it's June, slow NFL news day, and it has the Pack second so let's post it & see what happens.

At least YOU read it and understood it, unlike some Bear fans we know... ;)

fanindaup

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My brother likes to predict the Packers' record around this time of year. He goes so far as to tell me which teams they lose to. He's almost never right about the teams although he comes close on the overall record. It frustrates me because he's the kind of guy that will go into minute detail and the whole time I'm wondering how he can factor in variables such as injuries and weather which are totally unpredictable. Not to mention the human factor. In 2010 Erik Walden looked like the next Clay Matthews in a game against the Bears, and we all know how that story ended. I guess what I'm saying is that ESPN chart reminds me of my brother's prognostications. It may be generally accurate but don't read too much into it.

JBlood

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My brother likes to predict the Packers' record around this time of year. He goes so far as to tell me which teams they lose to. He's almost never right about the teams although he comes close on the overall record. It frustrates me because he's the kind of guy that will go into minute detail and the whole time I'm wondering how he can factor in variables such as injuries and weather which are totally unpredictable. Not to mention the human factor. In 2010 Erik Walden looked like the next Clay Matthews in a game against the Bears, and we all know how that story ended. I guess what I'm saying is that ESPN chart reminds me of my brother's prognostications. It may be generally accurate but don't read too much into it.
My brother makes it simple: He never sees a loss on a Packers' schedule.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
no offense taken. and I think Raptor and I have come to terms with each other.
Yup, he thinks I'm insecure, and I think he's wrong. But we are good. Insecure, right fan? Am I remembering that correct? You know how it gets as you get older.

fanindaup

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Insecure, although I only was referring to your team envy. We've agreed we are each allowed to have opinions, whether or not they happen to be contradictory. And I don't feel the need to force everyone to agree with me in order to validate my own existence.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Insecure, although I only was referring to your team envy. We've agreed we are each allowed to have opinions, whether or not they happen to be contradictory. And I don't feel the need to force everyone to agree with me in order to validate my own existence.
Everyone join hands and let's sing.
***-ba-yah ....

Staff online

Members online