NFC North Comparison

OP
OP
PackFanNChiTown

PackFanNChiTown

Bear Fan's Bane
Reaction score
Emery is better than Angelo for certain, how good remains to be seen. Personally I think he overreached with the Kyle Long pick but we'll see. I think the right side of their line is going to be their weak point personally.

Going to be weird seeing Chicago running a WCO though.

MackemPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think the Bears offense will improve but not enough to cover up a regression on defense. They've lost Urlacher and Idonije, and it seems to me like Peppers isn't the force he once was. I have them in last place.

The Lions could be anything from a 4 win team to a 10 win team I think, they have the firepower on offense. Their defense is going to go even further backwards I think, they've lost Avril and KVB and replaced them with Ansah who is apparently raw as hell.

The Vikings are going to be reliant on AP, he's going to be a beast again but should regress to the mean a little. I think if Ponder was anywhere half decent they'd have swept us last season. I think they'll be tough competition in division. They can't win it all mind, it's still the Vikings!

My worries for the Packers are on the O line, the ILB and at safety. Hopefully Lacy and Franklin are good blockers (don't see much college football over here), if so we have the potential to be scary good offensively. As always I think we'll win it all. Please god let Capers return to 2010 form!

fanindaup

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Raptorman: Let me clarify a few things for you. Comparing your comments as a Vikings fan on a Packer forum are somewhat different than some Packer fans on a Packer forum giving their take on Viking fan comments. I have occasionally checked out comments I see on a Viking forum, but have never left a comment. But I am curious about their opinions. I may not agree with them but I find it interesting. The thread you referenced had some Packer fans exchanging what they saw on a Viking forum, but not interacting with said Viking forum. Your comments to me do seem to suggest you have some latent adequacy issues, at least with how your team has fared in comparison to the Packers lately. However, I am willing to give you the benefit of the doubt. Feel free to "watch" me, just don't get weird about it.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
I really don't have a whole lot of nice things to say about the Vikings. Therefore, I choose not to spend any time on their boards or forums. Seems like simple logic to me!

Indeed !!! well said. I feel the same way, no need for me to run to an enemy turf and spout off. I do enjoy lurking once in a while, just to enjoy a good laugh at the high hopes and dreams they have...only to get shattered....lol

PackerFlatLander

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Vikings fans are a bitter, bitter bunch of folks, and rightfully so. They're the Chicago Cubs of the NFL. They get so close to tasting it all and then it gets snatched away at the last minute. Regarding that, they should have known better, than to put the ball in Favre's hands, when the season was on the line. Spells disaster every time.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is a QB league and Rodgers is the only one in the division that is a legit QB. Ponder looked like a back up last year. Cutler gets hurt, can't maintain his control of the team, disappears in big moments, and throws too many ints. Stafford throws too much. He forces it and puts up big numbers, but isn't efficient. Thus the reason they sucked last season.

ivo610

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Vikings fans are a bitter, bitter bunch of folks, and rightfully so. They're the Chicago Cubs of the NFL. They get so close to tasting it all and then it gets snatched away at the last minute. Regarding that, they should have known better, than to put the ball in Favre's hands, when the season was on the line. Spells disaster every time.

Well they have a claim to a championship trophy but they legit lost it. It's the great sports mystery of Minnesota... If anyone cared about the Vikings.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

and you're displaying a bit of insecurity by following another team's blog and caring about what we say.
Raptor has ALWAYS followed this forum. I don`t think he`s showing any insecurity on his part. Sorry just how I see it. I`m certainly no fan of the Vikings but......

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
NFC North order 2013:

1 Packers
2 VikeQueens
3 teddy bears
4 cowardly Lions

I see us as having added the best as far as improvements. Our defense was ranked 11th in 2012 and is only getting better, I see us going up in D ranks easily top 10.

Do drugs Danny?

The D in the top 10? With these ILB's we currently have a starters? More like the worst ILB's in the NFL - meaning Hawk and Jones. Please God let one of these young guys beat both of them out, or this team will have to score 35 a game to win.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Do drugs Danny?

The D in the top 10? With these ILB's we currently have a starters? More like the worst ILB's in the NFL - meaning Hawk and Jones. Please God let one of these young guys beat both of them out, or this team will have to score 35 a game to win.
But it is the same two ILB's as last year that had the 11 rated def. I expect their surrounding cast to be a bit better. Top 10 is doable.

Shawnsta3

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sorry lambeaulambo the quote is messed up and I don't know how to directly reply to your quote on my phone but I'll say this:

You can call MM and TT a few things, but stupid is not one of them. As Poppa San said above, our ILB'S were just fine for us last year, so why not this year with a more mature defense? The fact is if Hawk and Jones were really as bad as you and a few others have made him out to be in the past few months TT would have to be crazy, to go into the season with them. But he's not, he's one of the best in the league.

There is an article circulating around the forum by people's whose jobs it is to watch football and they label Brad Jones as our "Secret Superstar", ( I'll include the link in the bottom of the post) and the reason why I trust their opinions so much more than fans is their unbiased approach without emotions. Fans are typically wrong more ( see the let's trade James Jones argument every year) compared to " football people" and our GM.

As far as Hawk goes yes, he's not flashy. Nope, what you'll get out of him is steady consistent play, tackling and leadership. No injuries like the great Bishop I've heard so much about hear lately. A guy who was willing to take a pay cut to stay with the Packers, unlike Bishop.

Now you might not be excited about our ILB combo, but give them a break before you call them the " worst in the NFL" or saying they'll (single-handedly?) give up 35 points a game. They are Packers after all! :)

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2013/05/24/secret-superstar-brad-jones/

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
I agree Brad Jones is better than some here believe but not a "superstar", secret or otherwise. I want to add another reason for disagreeing with the notion that the ILBs (apparently by themselves) will lead to a bad D and surrender points in the 30s. Here's a bit of sunshine regarding the ILBs: Most of the time two of them won't be on the field as Capers plays sub packages (nickel and dime) more often than base. And Jones will be the three-down ILB, not Hawk. Beyond that, the worst average points surrendered by a Packers D under Capers in the regular season was 22.4 points in 2011 and the average of those Ds is a little more than 19. If the O is better at running the ball that'll likely reduce the number of snaps the D is on the field. If others on D step up - like Datone, Perry, Neal, etc. ...

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
Just an observation. Raptor did get pretty uptight which does lend credence to my opinion.
And your opinion on me would still be wrong. See, there is nothing you can say to me that I haven't heard before. No statement about the Vikings that would bother me to no end. No name I haven't been called before. I am very comfortable with my team and were they currently are. Will they win the Division this year. Doubt it. Second, good shot. Playoffs? Maybe. Depends all on the play of Ponder.

But here's a short list of things that really annoy me. Lies about players or teams. Any player or team. Un-named sources. Making stuff up about players or teams. Misquoting people, or taking their quotes out of context. Trolls. Viking trolls seem to be the worse around here.

fanindaup

Cheesehead
Reaction score
And your opinion on me would still be wrong. See, there is nothing you can say to me that I haven't heard before. No statement about the Vikings that would bother me to no end. No name I haven't been called before. I am very comfortable with my team and were they currently are. Will they win the Division this year. Doubt it. Second, good shot. Playoffs? Maybe. Depends all on the play of Ponder.

But here's a short list of things that really annoy me. Lies about players or teams. Any player or team. Un-named sources. Making stuff up about players or teams. Misquoting people, or taking their quotes out of context. Trolls. Viking trolls seem to be the worse around here.
I already said I'd give you the benefit of the doubt, but you keep acting tender every time someone posts about it. As for your list of annoyances, I don't believe I'm guilty of any of those offenses. I still submit I have just as much right to my opinion whether or not you think it's accurate.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
I already said I'd give you the benefit of the doubt, but you keep acting tender every time someone posts about it. As for your list of annoyances, I don't believe I'm guilty of any of those offenses. I still submit I have just as much right to my opinion whether or not you think it's accurate.
You do have the right to your opinion, not matter how "wrong" it is. :)

And one of the reasons I'm here, well, it's to talk football. I could go to a Bears or Lion forum. But IF I am going to go a forum of a rival, I would at least like to have some intelligent people to talk with. Wait, why am I here? :D

fanindaup

Cheesehead
Reaction score
You do have the right to your opinion, not matter how "wrong" it is. :)

And one of the reasons I'm here, well, it's to talk football. I could go to a Bears or Lion forum. But IF I am going to go a forum of a rival, I would at least like to have some intelligent people to talk with. Wait, why am I here? :D

I acknowledge you have had some good posts, as I have recently referred to in another thread we've both been posting on. I don't consider you to be uninformed about football. Quite the contrary. That one comment of yours on this thread which got us started struck me the wrong way. It's nothing personal.

And frankly I hate the Vikings with all my green & gold heart, but they have become the Packers' strongest competition lately. I'll give them that. If they found a quarterback we'd be in trouble.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
I acknowledge you have had some good posts, as I have recently referred to in another thread we've both been posting on. I don't consider you to be uninformed about football. Quite the contrary. That one comment of yours on this thread which got us started struck me the wrong way. It's nothing personal.

And frankly I hate the Vikings with all my green & gold heart, but they have become the Packers' strongest competition lately. I'll give them that. If they found a quarterback we'd be in trouble.
Being a Packer fan since 68 I have to assume you are an older person like myself. Not like some of these young bucks on here who have only seen two starting QB's since they became fans.

Nothing personal taken. If I did, I would last long on rivals boards.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts