NFC North Comparison

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
After the "Ice Bowl" the radio guy is clearly heard saying the greenbay packers are world champions, then changes it to something else

So I believe you

Personally, I think the way the NFL changed it, it does a disservice to not only the NFL players of the day but the AFL players of the day. They want you believe that the AFL is included in the NFL history, yet, if I am not mistaken, only 1 player who ever played exclusively in the AFL is in the HOF. Any other AFL player that is in played either after the merger of for a NFL team somewhere. So any AFL player that played in those first 4, if they didn't play beyond 1970, they will never be in the HOF.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
And the w/l record is what?
Should be 1-1 like it was last year. But they are still in the running. Of all the games played by the division so far, assuming a split with Detroit and Chicago on division games, only the Bears first game comes into play on the first few tie breakers at the end of the year. So, IF, (notice capital IF), Ponder can clear himself of his cranial **** inversion, as well as our coaches not calling plays to maintain the score, they can still make it to the playoffs.

fanindaup

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Bears by all means should have lost that game. The MN coaches gave it to them by their stupid play calling. What's interesting is you get to see just how much Felton means to Peterson. If Felton was playing, that 1 and goal would not have ended up a FG. BTW, for anyone counting, Peterson has 49 more yards rushing so far this year then he did the first two games of last year.
What was the Vikings record after two games last year?

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
I didn't see someone had asked that. I wonder why when the game is on the line late the Viking brain trust has peterson standing on the sidelines and puts the ball and their faith in ponder's hands.
The bigger question is why after Ponder gets them to the 4 yard line do they take it out of his hands and give him one option, a running play, with no option for changing to a pass play at the line. The last two drives the Bears had held Peterson to about 2 yards per carry. Ponder was moving the ball well at the time. So you send your QB to the line at the 4 with a running play and no option to switch to a pass depending on what the defense shows you. That is all on the OC. That is bad play calling.

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't buy into the 0-2 statistic. Technically it is correct, but the real discussion should be about a team turning two losses into a playoff season. It's not that hard

13 Times Champs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No NFL team starting 0-2 has made the playoffs since 2008. Can it be done? Sure. But history says the odds on doing so aren't in a teams favor.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
I didn't look this up....but....didn't the Giants, the year they went 9 - 7 and won the superbowl start off the season 0 - 4 ??? could be wrong, but I thought that's how it went down.

fanindaup

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The bigger question is why after Ponder gets them to the 4 yard line do they take it out of his hands and give him one option, a running play, with no option for changing to a pass play at the line. The last two drives the Bears had held Peterson to about 2 yards per carry. Ponder was moving the ball well at the time. So you send your QB to the line at the 4 with a running play and no option to switch to a pass depending on what the defense shows you. That is all on the OC. That is bad play calling.
I suppose your last sentence is truer to my point in broader terms. Often the Vikings leave me confused as it seems they are telegraphing either pass or run in instances where it would seem beneficial to have a defense guessing.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
I suppose your last sentence is truer to my point in broader terms. Often the Vikings leave me confused as it seems they are telegraphing either pass or run in instances where it would seem beneficial to have a defense guessing.
One of the things that annoys the hell out of Viking fans. They take Peterson out on third down and long and everyone knows it's a pass. So all of a sudden you have 4 defensive lineman and 7 people back covering, if you lucky 4 people going out. Drives me nuts. Hell, leave Peterson in, have him run a fake, and if they don't bite at least he might be open in the flat, or it might take a defensive guy off one of the WR's. They ran a play last week were they had only two people going out. There were 9 people in the box, there was no fake to Peterson so the two WR's had at leas 2 people covering them. Ponder rolled out, saw no one was open and ran for a few yards. Piece of crap play. Even I could do better at play design.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Well then let me spell it out for you. You talk about me being insecure, which I'm not, yet the thread of Packer fans discussing what's going on at a Vikings forum means nothing to you? Funny, you haven't called any of them insecure.
Why would Packer fans want to go to a Vikings forum ??

OP
OP
PackFanNChiTown

PackFanNChiTown

Bear Fan's Bane
Reaction score
Great job by the Lions taking the Bears down a step. Now the Bears have the face the Saints which will hopefully add up to 3-2 for the Midwives of the Midway.

Pack need to come out strong and get this win Sunday. GPG!

Members online

Latest posts