Breaking Down the NFC North, 2022 Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I began to see a major decline in Rodgers running skills the last couple of years. He was struggling at times. That's one of the things you can't hide when you get older, and have taken as many hits as he has. Love didn't look too bad on those two runs he made when he couldn't throw the ball. It's going to force defenses to spy on him, so he can't do that on a regular basis.
I hope he is able to pull it down at the right moment and escape the pass rush which was something Rodgers did well in his earlier years. I think of all those 3rd down sacks in which Rodgers just waited and went down.

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I’ve seen that thrown around in general by several people, both fans and media. But in Goff’s defense he was the best rated QB in the NFC North last year.
Also the Lions Offense finished #5 in points and #4 in production and that’s leaguewide. As much as I like Jordan, Goff is the current leading QB until proven otherwise. Hopefully Jordan can give him some competition early on.

Yet anyone needs to be concerned with playing at a competent level? it’s Love, Cousins or Fields.
Goff will get to be on stage Week One against the SB Champs. Should be a big audience.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
I hope he is able to pull it down at the right moment and escape the pass rush which was something Rodgers did well in his earlier years. I think of all those 3rd down sacks in which Rodgers just waited and went down.
I suspect that Love will do that sometimes, and most likely sometimes he will not, and get trapped for a sack. I think it will take time to develop that feel for danger and master the timing of when and where to go..

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I suspect that Love will do that sometimes, and most likely sometimes he will not, and get trapped for a sack. I think it will take time to develop that feel for danger and master the timing of when and where to go..
"Feeling" an oncoming defender without seeing him is a skill developed under fire, during the regular season. It's referred to as the clock in a QB's brain. Whatever, it can make a huge difference in a game - the difference between a first down, a 5 yard loss and a TO. It's gonna take time for Love to develop that, and he will.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts