Lazard Situation...

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why not keep that comment up?

Dont be shy or shall I post it
just because you can… does not mean you should. You usually have better self control. I am in no way saying I agree with him, but if he chose to delete his own comment because he thought better of it… why would you feel like reposting it is better for the forum?

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score
just because you can… does not mean you should. You usually have better self control. I am in no way saying I agree with him, but if he chose to delete his own comment because he thought better of it… why would you feel like reposting it is better for the forum?
You seem to think you're the mods police. How is that better for the forum? Or does it just make you feel smug?

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Oppps.

I didnt know it would show.. I truly never did that

I deleted it..but no book that says how to handle this.

Spanky

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think I prefer Lazard sit out week 1. It will force Rodgers to throw to more talented receivers.

D

Deleted member 6794

Thanks for the update Cap on the Packers success in MN with Lombardi. Old age is setting in and associated memory loss.... I swear though the Packers had one season back in the 60s when they were 11-1 (I think they only played 12 games.). If I weren't so lazy I'd research it.

The Packers were 13-1 in 1962 with their only loss coming at Detroit.

As a side note, they were only 4-3 at home vs. the Vikings under Lombardi, losing three of their last four against them.

If Lazard can't play, it won't be a huge loss.

I disagree as well, Lazard was expected to be a starting wide receiver in a group lacking overall talent.

With respect, he's a #3WR and he's not light years ahead of anybody. His year will not be defined by playing like a #3. I'm anxious to see if he can step up. We all know what he's done in the past, he's a dependable 3rd option for Rodgers. He has to play much, much better than that and no one has seen it. If he misses the first game, he starts to run the risk of being stuck where he is.

While Lazard might be at best the #3 wide receiver on most other teams he's higher on the depth chart with the Packers entering the season.

I think I prefer Lazard sit out week 1. It will force Rodgers to throw to more talented receivers.

Unfortunately I'm not convinced the Packers have more talented receivers on their roster.

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If nothing else, without Lazard in the lineup, we're going to find out just how talented all these newbies are, and how effective Rodgers can be with them, considering their lack of playing time together.

This is when not playing with each other in preseason could show it's ugly head.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers were 13-1 in 1962 with their only loss coming at Detroit.

As a side note, they were only 4-3 at home vs. the Vikings under Lombardi, losing three of their last four against them.

I disagree as well, Lazard was expected to be a starting wide receiver in a group lacking overall talent.

While Lazard might be at best the #3 wide receiver on most other teams he's higher on the depth chart with the Packers entering the season.

Unfortunately I'm not convinced the Packers have more talented receivers on their roster.
We'll see about Lazard. He's decent out of the slot, he can block, and he usually hangs on to the ball. I don't see Adams departure magically making him a true #1 WR (1,000 yds, 10 TDs, etc.).

A lot of us would like him to step up into that role, I just have my doubts. Watkins might do it because he's done it before.

Either way, I don't think Lazard's presence has an outsized impact on the game. I hope I'm wrong. I just don't see him as more than a 500 yard, 5 TD kind of guy.

And thanks for the 60s update. I don't know how good Detroit was in 62. Probably not very god but they ruined a 14-0 regular season. I didn't realize they played 14 games then.

I need a clarification from you. Yesterday you posted Lombardi was 7-0 against the Vikings. Today it sounds like 4-3. which is it? Or what was Lombardi's overall record v. the Vikings?

Last edited:

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If nothing else, without Lazard in the lineup, we're going to find out just how talented all these newbies are, and how effective Rodgers can be with them, considering their lack of playing time together.

This is when not playing with each other in preseason could show it's ugly head.
I'm afraid you're right. We all remember last year's miserable opener. That was with Adams and MVS. Don't need another opening conference loss, especially against the Vikes.