Lazard Situation...

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It sounds as if the talent drop of receivers may be putting some pressure on Rodgers to improve his pitching. Hopefully, the running game will improve enough to make things viable. Lets see how it all goes in Minneapolis. And away we go!

Rodgers historically hasn’t been impacted a ton production wise with Adams out, the offense isn’t nearly as deadly but historically we’ve done very well.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It sounds as if the talent drop of receivers may be putting some pressure on Rodgers to improve his pitching. Hopefully, the running game will improve enough to make things viable. Lets see how it all goes in Minneapolis. And away we go!
Yeah it's time to go, ready or not. I'm interested to see how MLF adjusts the game plan with the current roster of healthy WRs and TEs.

Reaction score
Yeah it's time to go, ready or not. I'm interested to see how MLF adjusts the game plan with the current roster of healthy WRs and TEs.
We are going to have our hands full for a few games. I see a Vikings team that could very easily pick up a few Wins from last years finish. If we go in and Win in Minnesota, it's almost like getting away with stealing (hope that does not offend an X law enforce Lol)

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We are going to have our hands full for a few games. I see a Vikings team that could very easily pick up a few Wins from last years finish. If we go in and Win in Minnesota, it's almost like getting away with stealing (hope that does not offend an X law enforce Lol)
No matter how good the team, playing in Minnesota and winning has always been hard for the Packers. I can still remember Fran Tarkenton and Co. beating some of Lombardi's teams in the 60s. The Lions and Bears are relatively friendly rivalries. Not so with the Vikings. No love lost at all.

Reaction score
No matter how good the team, playing in Minnesota and winning has always been hard for the Packers. I can still remember Fran Tarkenton and Co. beating some of Lombardi's teams in the 60s. The Lions and Bears are relatively friendly rivalries. Not so with the Vikings. No love lost at all.
Good times. If we come out with a dirty ugly 1 point win I'm ok. Every game we Win early on is a + and gives our young group time to acclimate. 75% the Vikes are over .500 this season and 60% they get in on a wild card type scenario or better

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good times. If we come out with a dirty ugly 1 point win I'm ok. Every game we Win early on is a + and gives our young group time to acclimate. 75% the Vikes are over .500 this season and 60% they get in on a wild card type scenario or better
That sounds about right every year for the Vikes. And they just play the Packers well in Minnesota, whether it was the ancient Metropolitan Stadium, or Homer Dome, or their new palace (it is a great stadium). I'd be very happy with any win, ugly or not, this Sunday. And yeah, early wins are always important, especially with so many new WRs.

Sounds like Bakh and Jenkins might play. That would be huge.

Reaction score
That sounds about right every year for the Vikes. And they just play the Packers well in Minnesota, whether it was the ancient Metropolitan Stadium, or Homer Dome, or their new palace (it is a great stadium). I'd be very happy with any win, ugly or not, this Sunday. And yeah, early wins are always important, especially with so many new WRs.

Sounds like Bakh and Jenkins might play. That would be huge.
Yeah Matt has been evasive about the Bak question, makes me think he'll play. I knew Lazard was nicked up a few weeks ago, is he a gametime decision?

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah Matt has been evasive about the Bak question, makes me think he'll play. I knew Lazard was nicked up a few weeks ago, is he a gametime decision?
On Lazard yeah I guess it's day to day. I don't know what happened to him. I thought he was pretty durable. The Packers seemed to get through PS relatively injury free, or nothing major.

I do hope we see Watson, I expect he'll play. And especially looking forward to Doubs after the kickass PS he had.

D

Deleted member 6794

Does anyone know what the problem is with Lazard? Not good when the guy who is arguably the #1 WR goes down for any reason.

The Packers will release their first injury report later today, we will figure out what might be wrong with Lazard at that point.

Rodgers historically hasn’t been impacted a ton production wise with Adams out, the offense isn’t nearly as deadly but historically we’ve done very well.

Rodgers was impacted by playing an entire season without his #1 receiver from the previous one in 2015 though.

No matter how good the team, playing in Minnesota and winning has always been hard for the Packers. I can still remember Fran Tarkenton and Co. beating some of Lombardi's teams in the 60s.

Just for the record, the Packers were 7-0 with Lombardi as their head coach at Minnesota.

You will have to wait on Friday's injury report to figure it out.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The Packers will release their first injury report later today, we will figure out what might be wrong with Lazard at that point.

Rodgers was impacted by playing an entire season without his #1 receiver from the previous one in 2015 though.

Just for the record, the Packers were 7-0 with Lombardi as their head coach at Minnesota.

You will have to wait on Friday's injury report to figure it out.
Thanks for the update Cap on the Packers success in MN with Lombardi. Old age is setting in and associated memory loss.... I swear though the Packers had one season back in the 60s when they were 11-1 (I think they only played 12 games.). If I weren't so lazy I'd research it.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
His injury is a result of being stepped on last week...tells me leg or hand issue I bet for likelihood of impact.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
His injury is a result of being stepped on last week...tells me leg or hand issue I bet for likelihood of impact.
If Lazard can't play, it won't be a huge loss. Watkins, Doubs, and Watson will be out there, along with Cobb and maybe Tonyan. Lazard does run the risk of losing ground in the WR race this year. One game isn't much, but if this trio of players does well..... Well, stick with the winners.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Lazard can't play, it won't be a huge loss. Watkins, Doubs, and Watson will be out there, along with Cobb and maybe Tonyan. Lazard does run the risk of losing ground in the WR race this year. One game isn't much, but if this trio of players does well..... Well, stick with the winners.

Lazard outside of Rodgers and Jones IMO is arguably the next biggest skills position guy to have go down in our offense right now. He is neck and neck with Dillon IMO. He is clearly light years ahead of anyone except maybe Cobb that has Rodgers trust to the level he does, he has even at times with Adams lined up gotten the lion's share of third down situations.

Does it move the needle a ton....arguably no, but it moves it more than any other skill guy not with the first name Aaron for me.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lazard outside of Rodgers and Jones IMO is arguably the next biggest skills position guy to have go down in our offense right now. He is neck and neck with Dillon IMO. He is clearly light years ahead of anyone except maybe Cobb that has Rodgers trust to the level he does, he has even at times with Adams lined up gotten the lion's share of third down situations.

Does it move the needle a ton....arguably no, but it moves it more than any other skill guy not with the first name Aaron for me.
With respect, he's a #3WR and he's not light years ahead of anybody. His year will not be defined by playing like a #3. I'm anxious to see if he can step up. We all know what he's done in the past, he's a dependable 3rd option for Rodgers. He has to play much, much better than that and no one has seen it. If he misses the first game, he starts to run the risk of being stuck where he is.

I'm pretty certain this injury is minor and we'll see him Sunday. If he wants to be a #1, a 100 yard plus, 2 TD game would help. We'll see.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
With respect, he's a #3WR and he's not light years ahead of anybody. His year will not be defined by playing like a #3. I'm anxious to see if he can step up. We all know what he's done in the past, he's a dependable 3rd option for Rodgers. He has to play much, much better than that and no one has seen it. If he misses the first game, he starts to run the risk of being stuck where he is.

I'm pretty certain this injury is minor and we'll see him Sunday. If he wants to be a #1, a 100 yard plus, 2 TD game would help. We'll see.

That stat line is something even Davante barely did over the years....only 8 times in his last four seasons.

As for the rest I'll just politely disagree strongly. He is our #1, like it or not he is. Until another takes it from him that is what he is to our offense as MLF and Aaron Rodgers have even hinted at or discussed. We have no WR at the present time that is producing like a #1 outside of Lazard as far as rate of efficiency vs targets and receptions....but its a big IF if he can do that when his targets double as they probably will.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That stat line is something even Davante barely did over the years....only 8 times in his last four seasons.

As for the rest I'll just politely disagree strongly. He is our #1, like it or not he is. Until another takes it from him that is what he is to our offense as MLF and Aaron Rodgers have even hinted at or discussed. We have no WR at the present time that is producing like a #1 outside of Lazard as far as rate of efficiency vs targets and receptions....but its a big IF if he can do that when his targets double as they probably will.
Lazard had 500 yards last year. Did he ever have more? I suppose a #1 receiver can have 500 yards, but that's one ****** WR group.

You and Old School can keep your bromance going for these guys. End of discussion and time to use Ignore.

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Until someone proves they can outplay him, and they change the offense to reflect that, Lazard is the primary in a lot of our offense. At least the guy playing in his spot is.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Until someone proves they can outplay him, and they change the offense to reflect that, Lazard is the primary in a lot of our offense. At least the guy playing in his spot is.
That makes sense. He knows the offense and should get more targets. What he does with the opportunity is up to him. At least he'll get used to double teams for a while. Adams could beat almost any double team. We'll see how Lazard fares if the opponent doubles him.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score
dasfasdfadsf
Lazard had 500 yards last year. Did he ever have more? I suppose a #1 receiver can have 500 yards, but that's one ****** WR group.

You and Old School can keep your bromance going for these guys. End of discussion and time to use Ignore.

Oh my word...I never said he produced overall stats like a #1. I said from a production per target or reception standpoint he delivers on a production level like a #1. Many #2s and #3s do this...some when presented with double the targets which is about what you would expect if he is our #1 (90-110 targets I'd guess) fold and others continue to deliver. If he delivers the same catch percentage and rate of production similar to he has for the last three years he will easily be a 900 yard+ type guy.

PikeBadger

Staff member
Reaction score

This reminds me of why I had you on ignore for 6 months.

OP
OP
tynimiller

tynimiller

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Also I’m sorry but putting me on ignore for merely sharing stats and discussions cuz you disagree is childish.

I like you, but that is just crazy to me.

Members online

Latest posts